Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2020

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fair point but 99% of talent show discoveries couldn't and cannot hold a candle to Gladys and her Pips!

9 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Harry Styles. 

8 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

And Jim Davidson.

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

If he is still around performing and touring in 50 years then, yeah....

And Michelle McManus of course!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

And Michelle McManus of course!

I preferred Mick McManus.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I preferred Mick McManus.

Hey, he was the man you love to hate!

Or was that Mark?

581216-untitled.jpg

:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Hey, he was the man you love to hate!

Or was that Mark?

581216-untitled.jpg

:D

I used to love Taggart!!!!

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I used to love Taggart!!!!

Its fucking brilliant. I've been watching the repeats on Drama and it's like another country - "that's demolished, that went on fire, they got rid of that...oh wait, that's still there!" :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, msc said:

Its fucking brilliant. I've been watching the repeats on Drama and it's like another country - "that's demolished, that went on fire, they got rid of that...oh wait, that's still there!" :D

I get a bit depressed watching those old episodes of Taggart because it reminds me how old I am ..:( I was at primary school when the original episodes were aired I think ! 

14 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Harry Styles. 

I am going to have to admit that I have been surprised by Harry Styles. He seems to be genuinely interested in growing as a performer and I have heard some of his stuff on the radio not knowing what it is and liking and then being told it is Harry Styles. If he grows with his audience I see him achieving some kind of longevity.

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am going to have to admit that I have been surprised by Harry Styles. He seems to be genuinely interested in growing as a performer and I have heard some of his stuff on the radio not knowing what it is and liking and then being told it is Harry Styles. If he grows with his audience I see him achieving some kind of longevity.

He’d achieve long-evity given half a chance with me luv, ya know wot I mean nudge nudge wink wink :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Loris Abate, an Italian fashion mogul, businessman, and as far as I can tell, race horse owner, died a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.quotidiano.net/sport/addio-a-loris-abate-i-suoi-cavalli-per-i-grandi-campioni-1.5776031

He is a DDP pick for alphabetic theme team Color Me Abbad, but this one misses the target.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Just saw the BBC sports gala obit bit.  Just tuned in so I don't know if they mentioned him at all. All sports heroes, starting with Sterling miss....

....but no Maradona??!

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Just saw the BBC sports gala obit bit.  Just tuned in so I don't know if they mentioned him at all. All sports heroes, starting with Sterling miss....

....but no Maradona??!

He featured in a segment a few minutes earlier, along with the three members of the England 1966 World Cup winning team.

BBC Sports personality of the year is utter shite.

It is something that would have been ok in the 50s but, decades later, it is fucking embarrassing to watch a cringe fest.

It needs to be shot, burnt and then buried somewhere.

Just sayin, like.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, JQW said:

He featured in a segment a few minutes earlier, along with the three members of the England 1966 World Cup winning team.

Just watched back, saw it. Houllier was mentioned before and also featured in the segment.

Never mind, move on.

7 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

fucking embarrassing to watch a cringe fest.

Let me think, what would a well intentioned and accurate but somewhat curmudgeonly master of brevity say here. The sort that inhabits say, Norfolk...

Ah yes. Then don't watch it.

I didn't ;), the idea that some already richer than some third world country individual needs another award for doing not very much more than they already do is indeed cringeworthy. Didn't Nigel Mansell win it once? If he can win a personality award....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

Let me think, what would a well intentioned and accurate but somewhat curmudgeonly master of brevity say here. The sort that inhabits say, Norfolk...

Ah yes. Then don't watch it.

I didn't ;), the idea that some already richer than some third world country individual needs another award for doing not very much than they already do is indeed cringeworthy. Didn't Nigel Mansell win it once? If he can win a personality award....

I didn't watch it, never have.:D

It can just fuck off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, En Passant said:

<snip> the idea that some already richer than some third world country individual needs another award for doing not very much more than they already do is indeed cringeworthy. Didn't Nigel Mansell win it once? If he can win a personality award....

Agree 100%.  

The guy lived less than 5 miles away from me and I'd never heard of him...

• Haha 1

Ewan MacLeod is my uncle, or so I am told.  Before today I’d never heard of him.  So I am slightly shocked at learning we were related, but not saddened.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, time said:

Model Stella Tennant dies suddenly aged 50.

Sad news. She was well known for her work in the runway shows of designers Karl Lagerfeld/Chanel and Shiatzy Chen, and she also appeared in print campaigns for Burberry, Hermes, and Calvin Klein :(

karl-lagerfeld-musen19.jpg

• Like 1