Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2020

3 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Sad news. She was well known for her work in the runway shows of designers Karl Lagerfeld/Chanel and Shiatzy Chen, and she also appeared in print campaigns for Burberry, Hermes, and Calvin Klein :(

karl-lagerfeld-musen19.jpg

Maybe but lets face it there's not much point to a model still being alive  past their 30s 
! Who is going to hire a 50 something model ?  :lol: I'll be honest , I've never heard of her so Im not bothered. Condolences to  her family though.  

• Facepalm 12

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Maybe but lets face it there's not much point to a model still being alive  past their 30s 
! Who is going to hire a 50 something model ?  :lol: I'll be honest , I've never heard of her so Im not bothered. Condolences to  her family though.  

I dunno, it seems the likes of Cindy Crawford, Helena Christensen,  Naomi Campbell are still making a good living. At the very top of the profession I don't think age is such a barrier. 

Sometimes they move behind the camera, as I believe Christensen has done. 

Come on man! I'm 51 and she looks better as a corpse than me alive.

Who is going to hire a 50 something model ? 

A very narrow-minded view.  There has always been plenty of work for older models. 

Open your eyes to the world of advertising and see what a wide range of people appear in magazine ads, catalogues, commercials etc.

loganhed_0.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, time said:

Model Stella Tennant dies suddenly aged 50.

Perhaps she liked too many Lager(feld)s.

Ironically, Karl looked like a flat pint of Guinness.

8 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Sad news. She was well known for her work in the runway shows of designers Karl Lagerfeld/Chanel and Shiatzy Chen, and she also appeared in print campaigns for Burberry, Hermes, and Calvin Klein :(

karl-lagerfeld-musen19.jpg

Funny, I'd never heard of her, nor recognised her. Neither had any of the people I had a beer with this evening either. She's getting pretty major coverage on the BBC. Maybe they all know her pater?

26 minutes ago, NotTheNagsHeadReading said:

Funny, I'd never heard of her, nor recognised her. Neither had any of the people I had a beer with this evening either. She's getting pretty major coverage on the BBC. Maybe they all know her pater?

They all knew granny.

Bob Newman, a local television legend in the Seattle area, who played numerous characters on the J.P. Patches show, died December 13th. He was 88. The J.P. Patches show ran from 1958 to 1981 and was broadcast live.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/obituaries/bob-newman-who-brought-laughter-to-children-on-j-p-patches-show-dies-at-88/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Bob Newman, a local television legend in the Seattle area, who played numerous characters on the J.P. Patches show, died December 13th. He was 88. The J.P. Patches show ran from 1958 to 1981 and was broadcast live.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/obituaries/bob-newman-who-brought-laughter-to-children-on-j-p-patches-show-dies-at-88/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

New York partier/murderer Michael Alig, who was once played by Macaulay Culkin in a movie, is dead at 54

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2029068/michael-alig-dead-54-heroin/

Wow. Surprised he never made a big splash after getting out of prison despite his record. Both the Culkin film and the original documentary are well worth a watch.

23 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Abdul Kader, a noted Bengali actor and someone I'd been looking at for at least one deadpool, has died. He had stage 4 cancer (none specified) and had tested positive for COVID-19.

https://www.thedailystar.net/arts-entertainment/news/abdul-kader-passes-away-2017497

Shit!  Another on my 2021 DDP list carks a week early. :o

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

A truly historic figure in my opinion(in the world of broadcasting anyway). And yet few people will know or care about his  passing.So tragic. :(

18 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, and he ended it by shouting "Oh God, I'm coming!"

He shuld have shouted "Oh, I am going!"

22 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

A truly historic figure in my opinion(in the world of broadcasting anyway). And yet few people will know or care about his  passing.So tragic. :(

The death of a true logo designing legend !   I cried over many years looking at his Channel 4 logo ! I am crying more than ever tonight ! R.I.P you genius !!

How’s that?

• Haha 3