Jump to content
Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2020

Recommended Posts

Jeremy Clarkson R.I.P is trending on twitter. No idea what is behind it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Jeremy Clarkson R.I.P is trending on twitter. No idea what is behind it...

 

 

Wishful thinking by the looks of things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't like Jeremy Clarkson? What did he do.

 

Danish TV once aired Top Gear all the time until they made a Danish version of it which is absolutely unwatchable. But other than that, I don't know anything about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Terence Conran, designer and retailer,  has died aged 88.

 

Just for Bibendum alone he should be remembered. Beautiful. The first place I ever had oysters. Magnificent. Wonderful building too. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

 

Just for Bibendum alone he should be remembered. Beautiful. The first place I ever had oysters. Magnificent. Wonderful building too. 

 


Another one of his, The Bluebird is very nice too. That's where I celebrated the arrival of the millennium!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I picked Conran in the past. He was up for re-nomination next year for summat. Looked awful recently. RIP to a master of his art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, time said:

Barbara Jefford has died aged 90. Scavenger Hunt pick.

DDP pick, too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor old Babs - all that gnashing and wailing over Diana and she's reduced to a scavenger and ddp statistic. That's the lot of a stage actress, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actor and director Tony Tanner has died at 87 https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Tony-Tanner-Tony-Nominated-Director-and-Choreographer-Dies-at-Age-87-20200916

 

edit- Just seen it was posted earlier in another thread.Sorry ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hunch is 2020 will break the record of 17 deaths, or tie it. 

  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to 19 on the Shadow List, 5/10 on the Nags Dead Pool (someone is on six though!) it's shaping up to be quite the year for a lot of long-time picks to depart.

 

If Phil the Greek goes, then it's been the biggest clear-out I can think of since joining in a good few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely there are enough threads discussing the Deathlist, DL Predictions, Shadow Lists etc.

Please keep this thread for posting actual deaths, any and all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Toast said:

Surely there are enough threads discussing the Deathlist, DL Predictions, Shadow Lists etc.

Please keep this thread for posting actual deaths, any and all.

 

Fair enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today it seems the Reaper is fine with SP Balasubramawhatthefuck. Who was a national icon indeed, but does not justify this drought because he is not Dilip Kumar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at September 2020, the use of the term "drought" is about to jump the shark. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drol said:

Today it seems the Reaper is fine with SP Balasubramawhatthefuck. Who was a national icon indeed, but does not justify this drought because he is not Dilip Kumar.

Don't worry.I have a feeling that a big death is imminent, maybe even tonight...

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Don't worry.I have a feeling that a big death is imminent, maybe even tonight...

That’s it then no death tonight is going to happen 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Steve said:

That’s it then no death tonight is going to happen 

Au contrary. Just in- Top footballer Peter Hampton has died suddenly while on holiday https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/peter-hampton-stoke-leeds-burnley-4550327 .I knew it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Steve said:

I wouldn’t regard Peter Hampton as a A- Level celebrity death 

 

More of a GCSE death?

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Au contrary. Just in- Top footballer Peter Hampton has died suddenly while on holiday https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/peter-hampton-stoke-leeds-burnley-4550327 .I knew it !

 

Apart from not being a big death, it was 'just in' about 7 hours prior to you posting it.

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Peter Hampton (wiki), left back for Leeds United (1972–80) and Stoke City (1980–84), has died suddenly whilst on a family holiday in Cyprus aged 66.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Au contrary. Just in- Top footballer Peter Hampton has died suddenly while on holiday https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/peter-hampton-stoke-leeds-burnley-4550327 .I knew it !

 

 

Aw man - met him a few times when he was at Carlisle, nice guy and central to the backroom that won us a Championship in the 90's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use