Joey Russ

The 2020 Deathlist Cup

1 minute ago, grobler said:

Can I play please?

I dont get out much these days....I need something special in my life....

Absolutely. New folk are always welcome to join. :) 

Great stuff.Thats cheered me up after Shahla Riahi sadly passed at about 23:00 on 31st Dec (buggering up DDP 2020)

Hi Joey, thanks for taking on the competition.  I would like to enter for 2020 :)

• Like 1

I'm in .

• Like 1

I’d be happy to be dead money. If i’m welcome, count me in. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2020 at 12:37, grobler said:

Great stuff.Thats cheered me up after Shahla Riahi sadly passed at about 23:00 on 31st Dec (buggering up DDP 2020)

Whoever she is woulda buggered up your team for a wasted spot with zero chance of a QO.  You're better off.

Funny my name not on the official list.  Didn't I tell you to call me?  lol
I'm IN.  ffs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Funny my name not on the official list.  Didn't I tell you to call me?  lol
I'm IN.  ffs.

I’m just a bit shy irl. You’re in now though 

Joey, I'll try again, thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Whoever she is woulda buggered up your team for a wasted spot with zero chance of a QO.  You're better off.

I'll have you know that the Tehran Times is a must read in my neck of the woods....

Count me in although I'll probably be crushed in the first round.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2020 at 19:00, CaptainChorizo said:

I am in,just hope Tom Long and the rest of my squad makes sure to stretch before kickoff.

Oops, better go back to the drawing board...

• Haha 1

I'd like to enter too please.

I suspect that my research skills are insufficient to pick up the obscure Ecuadorian  town councillors or Lithuanian backgammon players that are necessary to do well in this competition, but I might as well give it a go. About three quarter of the entrants so far seem convinced that they will be knocked out in the first round, so with a good draw maybe the dizzy heights of the second round are within reach.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

I'd like to enter too please.

I suspect that my research skills are insufficient to pick up the obscure Ecuadorian  town councillors or Lithuanian backgammon players that are necessary to do well in this competition, but I might as well give it a go. About three quarter of the entrants so far seem convinced that they will be knocked out in the first round, so with a good draw maybe the dizzy heights of the second round are within reach.

Enjoy and good luck!

As the creator and former host of the Deathlist Cup, I can say don't worry too much about chances ahead of time. The draw can be kind or not kind, the luck of who dies and who doesn't more so. Also, it being direct one on one competition over one month allows for "surprise" results and we've had many over the years. One example was Roverandout beating 4 time DDP champ Spade Cooley a few years back. Willz beat Captain Chorizo to reach the Quarters after announcing he was doomed, and unfancied (no, Sir Creep, not that use of the term) Boudicca reached the final ousting several more experienced deadpoolers just last year.

Basically, enjoy the buzz, I guess? It may last longer than expected...

Yeah, luck of the draw is just as important as your skill level. Last year, me and DDT had some of the strongest teams in the final 32 last year (15 points each iirc), yet we both ended up losing due to our opponents having even stronger teams. So yeah, I wouldn’t stress too much about finding obscure picks cause you don’t know when you’ll face an opponent of similar/stronger skill level...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, msc said:

Enjoy and good luck!

As the creator and former host of the Deathlist Cup, I can say don't worry too much about chances ahead of time. The draw can be kind or not kind, the luck of who dies and who doesn't more so. Also, it being direct one on one competition over one month allows for "surprise" results and we've had many over the years. One example was Roverandout beating 4 time DDP champ Spade Cooley a few years back. Willz beat Captain Chorizo to reach the Quarters after announcing he was doomed, and unfancied (no, Sir Creep, not that use of the term) Boudicca reached the final ousting several more experienced deadpoolers just last year.

Basically, enjoy the buzz, I guess? It may last longer than expected...

Look if Rochdale can hold Newcsstle to a draw (okay we all saw this coming) and Tranmere can hold Watford to a draw....

• Like 2

I would like to participate.

• Like 1

Getting beaten by Liz would definitely leave a sour taste in the mouth - I’m in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Getting beaten by Liz would definitely leave a sour taste in the mouth - I’m in!

I get there's a lot of ways to piss someone off on here.....

But if you've established a feud with a 5 day old account I am truly impressed to the point of astonishment...... :scratchhead:

Edit: Never mind it's a grandad joke 'lemon' 'sour' = fucking tragic Grim, get out more.

• Haha 1

I mean as an addendum to the above @LizLemon is a cunt by the way. Late Hare's team, shit name, shit avatar, stinks of sourness, posts come across bitter. Deffo no Zorders, so fuck the odious tosser 

12 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I mean as an addendum to the above @LizLemon is a cunt by the way. Late Hare's team, shit name, shit avatar, stinks of sourness, posts come across bitter. Deffo no Zorders, so fuck the odious tosser 

Damn, I was just going to bed and here comes one of Deathers's meltdowns by the look of things.  I'm going to miss all the fun.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Damn, I was just going to bed and here comes one of Deathers's meltdowns by the look of things.  I'm going to miss all the fun.

I'm not having a meltdown you fucking tosspot, I'm saying what I fucking think of this shithole, since your in bed why don't you join @Banana in experimenting with autoerotic asphyxiation, hopefully you'll Stephen Milligan yourself.

• Haha 1