Joey Russ

The 2020 Deathlist Cup

I didn't realise there was a mid season break in the first round of the Cup.

Joey when does it start up again?

7 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

I didn't realise there was a mid season break in the first round of the Cup.

Joey when does it start up again?

Apparently they're all hanging on to see who wins The Masked Singer on Saturday.

There'll be carnage afterwards.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Apparently they're all hanging on to see who wins The Masked Singer on Saturday.

I am assuming one of the singers is not a Grim Reaper....

13 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

My money's on Queen Bee.

• Like 1

Octopus.

Although it would have been on Ceelo so what do I know.

Well, dead periods do exist, so while we wait for the next hit, maybe grab something to cheer you up...

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, dead periods do exist, so while we wait for the next hit, maybe grab something to cheer you up...

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Haha - msc immediately grabs an Obit - strange the things that cheer people up around here!

• Haha 3

So Benon Biraaro has died, meaning points will finally be handed out after a 6 day hiatus. And it’s Skinny who scores with him, making sure Sir Creep knows that he’s not going down without a fight. Indeed, 25 points are shared between them, which is only 12 points total away from the all time shared points record of 37...

1. JiroemonKimura vs Old Crem 3 - 3
  2. LizLemon vs Ethushishispushingupdaisies 3 - 6
  3. FixedBusiness vs The Unknown Man 9 - 3
  4. Annami vs Grobler 3 - 3 
  5. HDS vs Great Uncle Bulgaria 7 - 3
  6. An Fear Beag vs Markb4 6 - 3
  7. DeathByArsenic vs Sean 3 - 0
  8. Wormfarmer vs Joemoneypenny 3 - 0
  9. Djemba Djemba vs Yorkshire Banker 3 - 6
  10. Skinny Kiltrunner vs Sir Creep 11 - 14 

We can expect a pile of points and an all square match should Laura Smith, who is at the end of the driveway, decide to park her chariot.

She is Skinny’s Joker and SirC has her too.  That 3x value for overall points.  Pretty sure you haven’t heard the last from these two teams.

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

So Benon Biraaro has died, meaning points will finally be handed out after a 6 day hiatus. And it’s Skinny who scores with him, making sure Sir Creep knows that he’s not going down without a fight. Indeed, 25 points are shared between them, which is only 12 points total away from the all time shared points record of 37...

4. Annami vs Grobler 3 - 3 
  5. HDS vs Great Uncle Bulgaria 7 - 3
  6. An Fear Beag vs Markb4 6 - 3
  8. Wormfarmer vs Joemoneypenny 3 - 0
  9. Djemba Djemba vs Yorkshire Banker 3 - 6
  10. Skinny Kiltrunner vs Sir Creep 11 - 14 

pGDJSkkzSaN2g.gif

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

We can expect a pile of points and an all square match should Laura Smith, who is at the end of the driveway, decide to park her chariot.

She is Skinny’s Joker and SirC has her too.  That 3x value for overall points.  Pretty sure you haven’t heard the last from these two teams.

Ms. Smith is certainly terminal, but I'm not so sure that she is on her last legs, based on that article. I'm a sucker for the words 'entering palliative care'. Should she survive the month, she will likely be a popular pick for the next round, and the one after that, and so on. 

23 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

pGDJSkkzSaN2g.gif

• Haha 1

Hah, yeah, Skinny Kiltrunner is the first Cup player in history to claw back an 8 point deficit in a tie.

That tie is hard to call now.

So Henry Gray, who worked with legendary bluesman like Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf, didn’t wake up in the morning today. He was also a bit of a cult name in round 1. After being in a dead heat the entire round, grobler finals gets ahead of his opponent Annami in a round that will be interesting to watch. At the beginning of the month HDS was worried if his joker might affect him. Well, turned out he didn’t really need that, as he’s now 7 points ahead of the Great Uncle. Similarly, An Fear Beag has a bit of a comfy 6 point lead ahead a Mark. He did so well. It is Wormfarmer who has the comfiest lead at this point though, as he cashes in his joker and has a 9 point lead against Joemoney. I’m guessing the latter won’t have a massive comeback at this point, which is good for Wormfarmer who lost in a surprise comeback last year. Djemba and Yorkshire did both have Gray, so they gets three points apiece. Which leaves Skinny vs Sir Creep, who in the first time this match he leads against Sir Creep, as Skinny has the most hits now. Creep is going to have to hope for a hit not named Laura Smith to take him to the lead...

4. Annami vs Grobler 3 - 6
  5. HDS vs Great Uncle Bulgaria 10 - 3
  6. An Fear Beag vs Markb4 9 - 3
  8. Wormfarmer vs Joemoneypenny 9 - 0
  9. Djemba Djemba vs Yorkshire Banker 6 - 9
  10. Skinny Kiltrunner vs Sir Creep 14 - 14 
  • Like 1

Right, cup entries for March has officially been opened now. I’ve sent my own team to msc in order to guarantee that those names stay unique have someone to confirm my team if people accuse me of stealing names for the cup. Not that it’s a super competitive team anyways...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Right, cup entries for March has officially been opened now. I’ve sent my own team to msc in order to guarantee that those names stay unique have someone to confirm my team if people accuse me of stealing names for the cup. Not that it’s a super competitive team anyways...

Entry sent.

More subs available if it all goes tits up by the 29th....

Should probably add that I have deleted all of the DM’s from last round, so if you sent in your team through that DM I will not receive your team. So you should probably send in the team via a new DM for those of you from round 1. 

Can confirm I have Joey's team and will nick all the best picks look after it for purposes of the game. :D

Although amusingly my Cup shortlist has 5 names so far - 4 on my DDP team, and 1 which Joey has too, which maybe tells me they aren't as sneaky off radar as I might have hoped!

Those two on the cruise ship tested positive for the virus, right? 

So nine more to find :D

• Haha 1

My team has gone in so eleven lucky celebs have been granted at least one more month of life

In all the years this has been running I do not think I have actually put one in the back of the net (so to speak)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My team has gone in so eleven lucky celebs have been granted at least one more month of life

In all the years this has been running I do not think I have actually put one in the back of the net (so to speak)

Good luck against whichever of these sods yer facing!

Oh, hang on a sec...

• Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

Good luck against whichever of these sods yer facing!

Oh, hang on a sec...

It is almost as good as a bye.....