Joey Russ

The 2020 Deathlist Cup

I might change my mind again now that Sir C is out. I have a good feeling about his "I knew exactly how she fell, but I was not there" coma victim. A tragic air bubble to the heart accident is just waiting to happen.

Anyway, all eyes on TQR vs Deathray...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Boudicca said:

I might change my mind again now that Sir C is out. I have a good feeling about his "I knew exactly how she fell, but I was not there" coma victim. A tragic air bubble to the heart accident is just waiting to happen.

Yeah, it’s a bit too late to join the cup now. Sorry. Also Sir Creep isn’t necessarily out yet, there’s a name or two that seems to gone MIA, and he’s first up to return...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, it’s a bit too late to join the cup now. Sorry. Also Sir Creep isn’t necessarily out yet, there’s a name or two that seems to gone MIA, and he’s first up to return...

plus he could still win his tie!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

GUN - the rules are explicit, I lose the tie break.  That's the way it goes sometimes.   So hoping to prevail on merits with a last second death.  Peter Tobin...where are you?  lol.
SC

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

GUN - the rules are explicit, I lose the tie break.  That's the way it goes sometimes.   So hoping to prevail on merits with a last second death.  Peter Tobin...where are you?  lol.
SC

I know you lose the tiebreak.
You seem to be arguing with my post that says same as yours?? 

That is you can still win on merit with another death.

45 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Except........ I have Tobin too.  It will have to be someone else.

PvMRxvnjq8Uso.gif

• Facepalm 1

I don't have anyone else.  Everyone on my team is healthier and younger than when  i turned in the roster.

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I don't have anyone else.  Everyone on my team is healthier and younger than when  i turned in the roster.

According to Joey's post above, you are the Best Loser right now if teams fail to get sent in, so you might yet get to Round 2 by Default.

1 minute ago, msc said:

According to Joey's post above, you are the Best Loser right now if teams fail to get sent in, so you might yet get to Round 2 by Default.

According to a stupid ass rule that says quantity trumps quality, I am the 'Best Loser'.  Funny, I didn't win alt obits despite having 17 hits last year.  

So, as I said before, the top two for best loser has been set out. As for the third person, I did have to do a randomized draw since five people had Daniel Arap Moi, who was the youngest hit of the three pointers. So as such, here are the first 3 names up to return if people don’t send in a team. 
1. Sir Creep

2. Djemba Djemba

3. Old Crem

So anyways, here’s the first three up to return. If more is needed, I do also have placements for the next 4 who picked Arap Moi but hopefully we don’t have to go that far...

On 03/02/2020 at 12:27, msc said:

WAKE UP JOEY!

I think this probably counts as a QO given precedent and thus the Cup has started?

https://tejanonation.net/2020/02/03/tejano-industry-mourns-the-passing-of-grammy-winning-musician-and-producer-mario-vigil-at-35/

May I assume I at least have set a record for most meaningless but youngest Cup Joker? 

Alright everyone, there’s 24 hours left to go...

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

May I assume I at least have set a record for most meaningless but youngest Cup Joker? 

Nope. Most meaningless joker is probably DJ Nelstar. Because he ended up dying before the starting, and had he lived to June, he didn’t receive a single QO...

I just submitted my team.  Best of luck Mary!

8 hours ago, msc said:

Entrance music?

Ooooh, rename it the Corona Cup?

• Haha 1

@Joey Russ I answered your reminder and sent you my team.

8 hours ago, deadsox said:

I just submitted my team.  Best of luck Mary!

Well...nowt to hide if your mob are lined up too

They're tilted against these titans, or summat: 

1.       Hans Sommer

2.       Eileen Ash

3.       Frankie Banali

4.       Anne Buydens

5.       David Gulpilil

6.       Nick Hitchon

7.       Lee Kerslake

8.       Genesis P. Orridge

9.       Tom Smith – joker

10.   Nobby Stiles

11.   Peter Tobin

Sub

Alex Trebek

• Like 1

Here ya go Mary:

1 Neddy Smith (Joker)

2 Laura Smith

3 Genesis P-Orridge

4 Robert Weighton

5 Kane Tanaka

6 Peter Tobin

7 Frankie Banali

8 Lee Kerslake

9 Bernard Tapie

10 Belinda Sykes

11 Alex Trebek

Sub 1 Eddie Van Halen

Sub 2 Eileen Ash

Sub 3 Michael McKevitt

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Boudicca said:

Aye, Nicole Hart looks like another Sandy Danny event, except she done woked up!  She is gonna start remembering things soon when husband (who wasn’t home at the time) shoved her down the stairs.  He won’t be home when she suffocates herself w her pillow.  ‘Nicole always rolled around in bed like that.  Always picking up her pillow and chewing on it.  Just my guess, as I was away at the time.’

• Haha 1

I’m in for Round 2. Just have to hope now that two of Markb4’s oldies don’t decide to croak it in the next 10hrs. 

With less than 12 hours to go, here’s a list of names who I can confirm have submitted for next round:

1. Skinny Kiltrunner or Sir Creep vs JiroemonKimura or Old Crem
  2. Annami or Grobler vs John Key
  3. Engineer vs Grim
  4. YoungWillz vs Wormfarmer or Joemoneypenny
  5. Bibliogryphon vs msc
  6. Torva vs Reptile
  7. Banana vs Spade_Cooley
  8. Quim Reaper vs Deathray
  9. Maryport vs Deadsox
  10. Oldlady vs DeathByArsenic or Sean
  11. An Fear Bag or Markb4 vs Alt Obits Guy
  12. DDT vs Book
  13. Djemba Djemba or Yorkshire Banker vs Joey Russ
  14. Chorizo vs HDS or Great Uncle Bulgaria
  15. Death Impends vs LizLemon or Ethushishispushingupdaisies
  16. Clorox vs FixedBusiness or The Unknown Man

A lot of what’s left are certain waiting till last minute, but a few names in there that has shown no sign of life thus far...

Some dumb asses be posting teams.

BTW was this mentioned?  Have we ever had a Cup entrant who didn't die, but their spouse did during the month?
John Manners (grobler's team) wife.... on 1 Feb no less.  (Probably not right John Manners??)
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailydemocrat/obituary.aspx?n=solveig-manners&pid=195230860

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Some dumb asses be posting teams.

BTW was this mentioned?  Have we ever had a Cup entrant who didn't die, but their spouse did during the month?
John Manners (grobler's team) wife.... on 1 Feb no less.  (Probably not right John Manners??)
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailydemocrat/obituary.aspx?n=solveig-manners&pid=195230860

not the "right" John Manners to be sure. However , this particular John Manners needs watching :dead2:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the latest a cup pick ever died to win a match.? Have there been many last day deaths to settle a tie?