Joey Russ

The 2020 Deathlist Cup

Congratulations Clorox - way too good for me.

Cheers, GUN

Well, football coach Pat Dye has Dyed now, giving Death Impends a very early lead against JiroemonKimura. The month is only beginning however, which means there’s plenty of time for a comeback to happen...

1. An Fear Beag vs Clorox 0 - 0
2. Death Impends vs JiroemonKimura 4 - 0

• Like 1

That makes that match against Death Impends 4 - 4 now. However, Death Impends currently leads due to Pat Dye being slightly younger than Vergueiro. 

1An Fear Beag vs Clorox 0 - 0
2. Death Impends vs JiroemonKimura 4 - 4 

An Fear Beag now has a 4 point lead against Clorox with a hit from a city that borders another city with an important event, hopefully confirming that there won’t be any need for the coin toss this round. It’s also currently an interesting finals set up between a dead pooling legend and the cup rookie of the year, but things can always change. 

1An Fear Beag vs Clorox 4 - 0
2. Death Impends vs JiroemonKimura 4 - 4 

• Like 1

Surely once players have different hits, the age difference means that there can’t be a coin toss? 
The sadly very young age of Marne Xiong probably gives me the “away goals” in this match, should it end tied. 

is this the first year that there has been no need for a coin toss in the cup?

I think the inaugural cup had no coin tosses either, though I’m not 100% sure on that one

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I think the inaugural cup had no coin tosses either, though I’m not 100% sure on that one

Actually the opposite, Deadsox's last 16 tie ended on a coin toss that went 3-2 in his favour. The entire history of the Cup formed on one flip of a coin at midnight in Glasgow.

• Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

Actually the opposite, Deadsox's last 16 tie ended on a coin toss that went 3-2 in his favour. The entire history of the Cup formed on one flip of a coin at midnight in Glasgow.

Oh right, forgot about that one. 

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Dont worry Joey, it was only the prelude to the biggest run in Cup history.... :lol:

(Deadsox got the coin toss, then swiftly beat Spade, DDT and DI one after the other to win the deadpool)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Fear Beag said:

After a false alarm a few days ago, it seems that Major General Kasirye Gwanga is now definitely dead.

https://www.independent.co.ug/maj-gen-kasirye-gwanga-is-dead/

Okay, that’s you 8 points up then to clorox. It’s a tricky thing to comeback from, but it ain’t over until it is over, so anything can happen. 

1An Fear Beag vs Clorox 8 - 0
  • Sad 1

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 20:08, Joey Russ said:

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 20:19, msc said:

Dont worry Joey, it was only the prelude to the biggest run in Cup history.... :lol:

(Deadsox got the coin toss, then swiftly beat Spade, DDT and DI one after the other to win the deadpool)

If I remember correctly Joey wasn't in the first Cup for very long so his memory of it is probably limited to the first round. :P

Deadsox didn't even join the game till the second round.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

If I remember correctly Joey wasn't in the first Cup for very long so his memory of it is probably limited to the first round. :P

Deadsox didn't even join the game till the second round.

There's nothing like a bye and a coin flip to get a team going.

16 minutes ago, deadsox said:

There's nothing like a bye and a coin flip to get a team going.

I should have gone the Father Ted route: "And funny thing, last time I saw one of these draws, the host actually got the bye, so these sorts of things can happen by random..."

• Like 1

That’s three points each for An Fear Beag and Clorox, with An Fear Beag looking to be the highest scoring team of the round thus far

1An Fear Beag vs Clorox 11 - 3

While the MMMDP is where most of the attention is at, I also note the cup is lagging along with three of the 4 teams only having 1 hit so far... 

A quick update for snooker legend Willie Thorne before I head to bed, who has now died and gives Clorox a bit of a comeback path now... 

1An Fear Beag vs Clorox 11 - 7

• Like 1

Been a long while since the last hit, and as it stands the final match will be Death Impends vs An Fear Beag (Death Impends is winning against Jiroemon on age, and I’m really surprised that match hasn’t gotten more hits). If things hold, that’ll be the third year in a row the rookie of the year makes it to the finals and the first time someone returns to the cup finals. So yeah, interesting times ahead if things hold...

• Like 1

As I stress about whether our two finalists will send in a team or not, everyone in the semis get 3 free points due to Killer Tim’s demise. Might make the July teams more interesting... if they come, that is.

1An Fear Beag vs Clorox 14 - 10
2. Death Impends vs JiroemonKimura 7 - 7

• Like 1

Just now, Joey Russ said:

As I stress about whether our two finalists will send in a team or not, everyone in the semis get 3 free points due to Killer Tim’s demise. Might make the July teams more interesting... if they come, that is.

1An Fear Beag vs Clorox 14 - 10
2. Death Impends vs JiroemonKimura 7 - 7

I've just remembered Rule 40002, "if one of the finalists doesn't turn up, msc gets the spot." De Fault here I come... :lol:

Spoiler

No, seriously, I've got nothing left this year, hurry up AFB or get Clorox in as Best Loser?

• Haha 2

I'm in, and I believe Death Impends is too, so unless someone else decides to kick the bucket in the next 40 minutes, it looks like that's the match-up.

I am  looking forward to DI trying to explain why I am the favourite for this one :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

I'm in, and I believe Death Impends is too, so unless someone else decides to kick the bucket in the next 40 minutes, it looks like that's the match-up.

I am  looking forward to DI trying to explain why I am the favourite for this one :facepalm:

Yes, my team is in too. I shall refrain from giving punditry for the final as it's not like I'll be having to submit a team for August at any rate! :D