Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

Jim McLean was a pick of my 2016 B-Team, so I took a look at the other folks on it, mainly Eric Clapton's half-brother "Fast Eddie Fryer".

He was a Vancouver club musician in declining health in 2015: https://nationalpost.com/entertainment/music/fast-eddie-fryer-eric-claptons-ailing-half-brother-dreams-of-duet-from-vancouvers-downtown-eastside

It looks like he died in around 2017, judging by the comment of an ex-wife/fiancee under this youtube video:

This supposed ex-wife/fiancee, Farah Tejani, is listed as an ex-fiancee in this page: https://www.famechain.com/family-tree/15456/eddie-fryer-rich/conchita-fryer

It's not completely safe, but I say, about 80%. Just a loose end that needed to be tied up for me.

• Like 2

Daily Mail reporting on the death of Murray Riley (wiki), aged 94.

His death occurred “some months ago” but was only learnt of over Christmas.

Murray was a colourful individual to say the least. An Australian rower; he won an Olympic bronze medal (1956) and two Empire/Commonwealth gold medals (1950, 1954).

After the Olympics he became a police officer but was dismissed due to misconduct. He later became an infamous drug trafficker and fraudster, working closely with the Los Angeles Mafia.

He twice escaped prison, with his 1994 break out of a British jail culminating in his freedom after he fled to the Gold Coast of Australia (the UK chose not to extradite due to cost).

• Like 1

On 26/12/2020 at 14:09, gcreptile said:

Jim McLean was a pick of my 2016 B-Team, so I took a look at the other folks on it, mainly Eric Clapton's half-brother "Fast Eddie Fryer".

He was a Vancouver club musician in declining health in 2015: https://nationalpost.com/entertainment/music/fast-eddie-fryer-eric-claptons-ailing-half-brother-dreams-of-duet-from-vancouvers-downtown-eastside

It looks like he died in around 2017, judging by the comment of an ex-wife/fiancee under this youtube video:

This supposed ex-wife/fiancee, Farah Tejani, is listed as an ex-fiancee in this page: https://www.famechain.com/family-tree/15456/eddie-fryer-rich/conchita-fryer

It's not completely safe, but I say, about 80%. Just a loose end that needed to be tied up for me.

That should have been a good pick.  Amazing that Clapton's half-anything wouldn't have gotten traction in the press.  By fucking Clapton himself, the twat.
SC

Death notice for actor Rex Downing (wiki), aged 95. Died back on 18th November 2020.

He appeared in a few of the Our Gang films, but best known for his role of young Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights (1939 version with Laurence Olivier and David Niven).

75376-21647.jpg.be1b07766a90597e6f4acd8b0a947193.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear this. I remember him from Call Northside 777 where his role as 'copy boy' was actually more significant than it appears on paper. 

• Like 1

Bob Bragg, who was co-pilot on Pan Am Flight 1736 in 1977 when it was involved in the largest ever plane disaster (Tenerife airport disaster, 583 dead), died in 2017. He always popped up on "minutes from disaster" documentary shows talking about how that Dutch nutter basically scalped his airplane.

• Like 2

Gerry Rochon, a long-time broadcaster who served as executive producer of the uber-Canadian television series 'The Littlest Hobo' and did likewise for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies at the 1988 Calgary Olympics, died in May 2020 with nary a mention. All I could find were paid obituaries, including this one.

https://www.arbormemorial.ca/mceachnie/obituaries/gerard-gerry-omer-rochon/50017

Patricia Marmont (wiki), American-born British Hollywood actress, won't be celebrating her 100th in August as she died on 3rd December 2020 aged 99 according to this Ancestry family tree.

It says she died at Denville Hall, likely credible as it matches info in this Facebook post from February 2019 where someone says they went to visit her there.

Biggest role was as Andromache in the 1956 Warner Bros. epic Helen of Troy. Last film role was in a 2004 British film. Married for a period to character actor Nigel Green (1924–1972, wiki)

cl9zcqwwsaauru7.jpg.a5c238117d7acefbc4715db32d3ce02c.jpg

• Like 3

The Irving Society also claim that actor/writer Jeremy Burnham died in December 2020.

What is it with Children of the Stones writers dying off the radar? It was a classic FFS!

• Like 2

George Mandel (wiki), another Beat Generation writer of note, died on 13th February (2 days after his 101st birthday and a week before Ferlinghetti's death) according to this Ancestry family tree.

Screenshot for those without a subscription:

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 17.28.20.jpg

• Like 2

On 26/02/2021 at 10:38, msc said:

The Irving Society also claim that actor/writer Jeremy Burnham died in December 2020.

What is it with Children of the Stones writers dying off the radar? It was a classic FFS!

Death notice for Jeremy Burnham from his old school here.

At least it's enough to get the IMDb, Wiki and Aveleyman updated. Doubt he will obit anywhere though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Death notice for Jeremy Burnham from his old school here.

At least it's enough to get the IMDb, Wiki and Aveleyman updated. Doubt he will obit anywhere though.

Thanks. I stand by my aforementioned comments about writers deaths going unnoticed by the press...

• Like 2

I think this is the Perfecto Telles, as in the hairdresser who was arrested alongside 100% heterosexual 60s leading man George Maharias for some totally innocent interactions in a public bathroom. Died in 1988, while Maharias is still with us and slaying mad pussy aged 92.

• Like 2

My first post as my last user name wouldn't let me back in.

On the Crossroads Appreciation Society Facebook group, it appears the actor David Moran who played the gormless garage mechanic Kevin Banks in the late 70s early 80s has died off the radar. Must be true as its come from fellow actor Angela Webb was played Iris Scott. No reason or where yet.

Kevin married the hapless Glenda Brownlow, had an  affair before having a downs baby and moving to Canada. 

Hi Phil, where you been hiding?

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Hi Phil, where you been hiding?

Just lurking. Had Covid, recovered. Couldn't get into old account so set up new one with old name plus1 :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Just lurking. Had Covid, recovered. Couldn't get into old account so set up new one with old name plus1 :)

Glad to hear you pulled through it. If you'd like I could change the password on the old one to regrant your access (under the assumption you couldn't log on due to forgetting the password?). Feel free to PM me if so.

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Glad to hear you pulled through it. If you'd like I could change the password on the old one to regrant your access (under the assumption you couldn't log on due to forgetting the password?). Feel free to PM me if so.

Thanks but the email address was long dead and seemed a a good chance to start afresh. Cheers mate anyway!

• Like 1

Veteran Hollywood actor Jim Haynie, perhaps best-known for playing Meryl Streep's husband in The Bridges of Madison County, has died in 2020 at age 80 according to the IMDb. But there is no other information around on the internet and he is still listed as living in all of his four Wikipedia articles.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0371579/

I did the initial update on the IMDb page. The info came from the full Oscars In Memoriam list here. That’s a reliable source to say he’s dead by Wiki standards so not sure why it hasn’t been updated.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the research, Spade_Cooley and Ulitzer!

His Wikipedia articles are in Italian, German, Japanese and Azerbaijani (strangely no English one), so the news are probably travelling slower - especially since there were no obituaries.

On 25/02/2021 at 20:40, Ulitzer95 said:

Patricia Marmont (wiki), American-born British Hollywood actress, won't be celebrating her 100th in August as she died on 3rd December 2020 aged 99 according to this Ancestry family tree.

It says she died at Denville Hall, likely credible as it matches info in this Facebook post from February 2019 where someone says they went to visit her there.

Biggest role was as Andromache in the 1956 Warner Bros. epic Helen of Troy. Last film role was in a 2004 British film. Married for a period to character actor Nigel Green (1924–1972, wiki)

cl9zcqwwsaauru7.jpg.a5c238117d7acefbc4715db32d3ce02c.jpg

While Wiki sticks with sources you wouldn't necessarily take in a million years as confirmation, here is the Gazette notice for Patricia Marmont, which is really official confirmation: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3823356

• Thanks 1