Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

Found out German photographer Perry Kretz died off the radar back in 2020 https://www.stern.de/kultur/perry-kretz--der-stern-fotograf-stirbt-mit-87-jahren-9529658.html. Kretz worked for the German magazine Stern and worked for over 4 decades, he is perhaps most known for his involvement in the Vietnam War. Kretz is also one of several people credited with saving the life of Kim Phuc, better known as the Napalm Girl.

• Like 2

American actress Patricia Roe (Wiki), born 1928 known for her performance on Broadway is not living at 94

She died on May 18, 2005 in New York at the age of 76

PATRICIA ROE, ORIGINAL Vintage Postcard Size Photograph & Printed Signature  £6.00 - PicClick UK           IMG_20221006_182242_996.thumb.jpg.9f6afd8b5931f4a36faf345e47e6a215.jpg

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Richard Podolor, famed sound engineer & music producer (Three Dog Night in the main, but also Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly etc) and one-time writing partner of Sandy Nelson, died about three weeks after Nelson, on 9th March this year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, time said:

Richard Podolor, famed sound engineer & music producer (Three Dog Night in the main, but also Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly etc) and one-time writing partner of Sandy Nelson, died about three weeks after Nelson, on 9th March this year.

That obit was published on 10th March. I added it to his Wiki page and the main deaths section on 11th March. He died on 9th March. I wouldn't call that dying off radar! :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That obit was published on 10th March. I added it to his Wiki page and the main deaths section on 11th March. He died on 9th March. I wouldn't call that dying off radar! :P 

Not a mention on this site, however, so, as far as this site is concerned, definitely ‘off the radar’. I’m 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, time said:

Not a mention on this site, however, so, as far as this site is concerned, definitely ‘off the radar’. I’m 

I'm thinking when they said "main deaths section" they meant Deaths of 2022. ;) :P lol

• Like 1

Here's one I just learned of a few weeks ago:

Oscar- and Emmy-nominated Star Trek art director Joseph R. Jennings died back in 2015 almost completely unnoticed. My search shows one person tweeted about it in December of that year, but that's all I've found so far outside of public records. He really couldn't sneak into a single In Memoriam?

His IMDb has been updated since I found out, but he's still in Wikipedia limbo for now.

• Like 6

Three foreign actors dead off radar:

Michel Jourdan (Wiki), French actor born 1926 actually dead in 1985

Gianni Solaro (Wiki), Italian film actor born 1926, dead in 2006

Cesar Ojinaga (Wiki), Spanish actor of Spaghetti western born 1926, dead in 1999

Michel Jourdan - Wikidata      Gianni Solaro - Wikipedia   César Ojinaga - Wikipedia

• Thanks 3

Found this one by accident,

US folk musician Wilho Saari, fifth-generation Finnish American player of the kantele, the Finnish psaltery (descendant of Finnish kantele player Kreeta Haapasalodied in January at 89

Not sure how famous exactly he was but received a few awards and has had a wikipedia page since 2006. As far as I know no notable Kantele players aged 80+ alive currently.

• Like 1

French journalist, ORTF producer and film director Claude Fayard died on the 5th of june 2022 aged 96. No News report despite him being a well known journalist. 

Doing my first round of culls for DDP 2023.

Taken off some people that are ill, but not quite ill enough.

Discovered two that are now dead, one being Scottish artist Gordon Shaw, but the other being James Jones, mentioned in the DL Cup and Twisted DL death pools.

Died in June, listed here as Rod Jones - https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-gazette/20220615/281526524716544

29 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Doing my first round of culls for DDP 2023.

Taken off some people that are ill, but not quite ill enough.

Discovered two that are now dead, one being Scottish artist Gordon Shaw, but the other being James Jones, mentioned in the DL Cup and Twisted DL death pools.

Died in June, listed here as Rod Jones - https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-gazette/20220615/281526524716544

Unless I’m mistaking don’t think James Jones was included in any list in the twisted DL pool… 

Virpi Butt (later Lucrenzia Francesca Pandora Butt), competitor in the Finnish version of Gladiators in the 90s later known for killing, dismembering and eating two people with her boyfriend in 2002 and 2003 and carrying the head of the first victim around in a backpack died back in November 2021 at 49. Let loose from jail in 2019, from what I understand died in Southern Europe. Good riddance.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, arghton said:

Virpi Butt (later Lucrenzia Francesca Pandora Butt), competitor in the Finnish version of Gladiators in the 90s later known for killing, dismembering and eating two people with his boyfriend in 2002 and 2003 and carrying the head of the first victim around in a backpack died back in November 2021 at 49. Let loose from jail in 2019, from what I understand died in Southern Europe. Good riddance.

Don't you mean "her boyfriend"?

• Like 2

As far as my understanding goes, the Finnish language doesn't have a "he and she", only hän and other conjugations of the word like hänellä, which can mean either of these genders. In my mind it could be the explanation for why Finnish people (like Arghton) tend to make this error when communicating in English.

• Like 1

Delete

44 minutes ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

As far as my understanding goes, the Finnish language doesn't have a "he and she", only hän and other conjugations of the word like hänellä, which can mean either of these genders. In my mind it could be the explanation for why Finnish people (like Arghton) tend to make this error when communicating in English.

That must be convenient these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

American author Norman Garbo (Wiki), lately categorized as PLP on his wiki,  and yes he was off, died on December 20, 2017 in Long Island, New York at the age of 98.

Edit: @Ulitzer95 you now know what to do :P

IMG_20221109_195735_313.thumb.jpg.e03a6bfb50fc13100f26a02dc0db02e1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Carita Järvinen (Wiki), Finnish model who portrayed Queen Salina in the Hammer film The Viking Queen. She died this 2022 according to this article.

https://www.voguescandinavia.com/articles/lovisa-burfitt-one-of-scandinavias-most-successful-fashion-illustrator-and-andrea-de-la-barre-nanteuil

Also worth noting is that her farmland in Sweden was inherited in September 2022

https://www.ljusdalsposten.se/2022-09-07/nya-agaren-arver-huset-pa-sodra-edevagen-50-i-jarvso

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, whoismakoto said:

Carita Järvinen (Wiki), Finnish model who portrayed Queen Salina in the Hammer film The Viking Queen. She died this 2022 according to this article.

https://www.voguescandinavia.com/articles/lovisa-burfitt-one-of-scandinavias-most-successful-fashion-illustrator-and-andrea-de-la-barre-nanteuil

Also worth noting is that her farmland in Sweden was inherited in September 2022

https://www.ljusdalsposten.se/2022-09-07/nya-agaren-arver-huset-pa-sodra-edevagen-50-i-jarvso

Here's her death record. She was 5 years older than she claimed to be.

Permalien
Naissance
Nom Jarvinen
Prénom(s) Carita Linda
Sexe Féminin
Date 20/05/1938
Commune Sibbo (99105)
Pays Finlande (FIN)
Décès
Date 29/01/2022
Age 83 ans
Commune Issy-les-Moulineaux (92040)
Département 92
Pays France (FRA)
Acte n° 46
Source INSEE fichier 2022-m02, ligne n°54775
  • Like 3

Geraldine Blecker (Imdb), British voice actress for Dragon Age as well as a screenwriter and translator for English and German productions, apparently died last year. Her Official website never stated this. No obituary publications either. Do we access to German death records to verify this?

• Like 1