Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

On 05/12/2022 at 13:12, tracy said:

I reverted that edit the other day that claimed she died in 2014. Apparently it's still active on Wikidata and the French Wikipedia, but, yeah, it's someone else.

Here's the Olympian:

NAME: Paulette Gibbens Sr
BORN: Feb 1928
LIVES IN: Chipley, FL

Per voteref.com, she was an active voter as of December 2021 and voted in the 2020 election, so seems safe to assume she is still around.

We also had a French contact work on this and the 2014 Veste is a person with the same name who happened to be born near the same time.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble establishing if australian actress  Marion Dimmick  who played 'background ' prison officer  Andrea Radcliffe in Prisoner Cell Block H in the 1980s is still alive. Her character started to appear in more scenes  in the shows final years but was still not a prominent main character. Rumour has it she was going to have her role beefed up in the show before it was axed in 1986.

Are any deathlist sleuths able to help or advise please as some basic research has yielded nothing?

Thanks.

image.png.f6b48db672222d01f835fbb55a39ab03.png

16 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm having trouble establishing if australian actress  Marion Dimmick  who played 'background ' prison officer  Andrea Radcliffe in Prisoner Cell Block H in the 1980s is still alive. Her character started to appear in more scenes  in the shows final years but was still not a prominent main character. Rumour has it she was going to have her role beefed up in the show before it was axed in 1986.

Are any deathlist sleuths able to help or advise please as some basic research has yielded nothing?

Thanks.

image.png.f6b48db672222d01f835fbb55a39ab03.png

There is a YouTube video of her in 2019, she looks old how old is she?? 

There's also one of her from July 2020, seems to have some involvement in local politics? 

Was apparently active in Prisoner fan conventions up until a few years ago, so presumably is on the radars of that fan community to the extent I'd imagine there'd be some discussion out there if she had carked it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

There is a YouTube video of her in 2019, she looks old how old is she?? 

Thanks .She must be in her eighties at least.  The photo  I posted I believe is from an episode of Prisoner Cell Block H in either 1985 or 1986  so it depends how old we think she looks in that photo I posted because I can't  find a year of birth.

Are we sure that is  her in the video?

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

There's also one of her from July 2020, seems to have some involvement in local politics? 

Was apparently active in Prisoner fan conventions up until a few years ago, so presumably is on the radars of that fan community to the extent I'd imagine there'd be some discussion out there if she had carked it.

Thank you very  much. 

@Gooseberry Crumble, there’s a more recent post on Facebook from 25 December 2022 confirming Dimmick is alive.

She lives in Doncaster East, an area of Manningham, Victoria.

In September 2015, both Marian (alternatively spelt Marion) and her husband John were hospitalised with flu. The local paper said that she was 82 then.

So she’s turning 89 or 90 this year.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

@Gooseberry Crumble, there’s a more recent post on Facebook from 25 December 2022 confirming Dimmick is alive.

She lives in Doncaster East, an area of Manningham, Victoria.

In September 2015, both Marian (alternatively spelt Marion) and her husband John were hospitalised with flu. The local paper said that she was 82 then.

So she’s turning 89 or 90 this year.

You are a star @Ulitzer95 Many thanks!

• Like 1

Sale Johnson (nee Nancy Sale Frey); former wife of Jets' owner/Johnson and Johnson heir Woody Johnson, and Sportscaster/NFL player Ahmad Rashad

an Equestrian and former model herself
Died at age 72 on September 8, 2022

https://nancyjaffer.com/sale-johnson-is-gone/

Her daughter, socialite Casey Johnson, died in a very bizarre spectacular way at 30 in January 2010; the official cause was complications from diabetes, but she hadn't been taking her medicine in efforts to stay skinny as well as had untreated borderline personality disorder. This story has everything: burglaries, tiny dogs causing $20,000 worth of damage in hotels, Tila Tequila. https://nypost.com/2013/07/30/the-real-story-of-casey-johnsons-short-scandalous-life/
Also, Casey somehow had adopted a child a few years prior to that from Kazakhstan, and I was curious what came of the kid. It seems Sale actually had custody of her at the time of Casey's death, fortunately. But that's what led me to the news that Sale sadly passed away 12 years later. Hopefully the little girl Ava is okay; that adoption should have never been allowed.

Edit: I noticed in Sale's obituary, it only lists Jaime and Ava as her surviving daughters. That means that Daisy may have died off the radar too but I can't find anything. NM I see that may have just been an error because she is listed in this obit: https://www.palmbeachpost.com/obituaries/pwpb0309192

• Like 1

Austrian actress Edith Elmay (Wiki) died back in August 2020

Ps: This was the result of a visit by the Berlin film researcher M. Jahnke (in cooperation with R. Kettermann) to the artist's grave.

Updated in her German wiki and IMDb

Edith Elmay - IMDb

• Like 1

Austrian actress Ilse Peternell (Wiki) died on April 30 2011 in Klagenfurt according to the historians, not living at 94

So weird cause her last role was in 2011, I hoped for an obit!

image.jpeg.2597349037fca336d0d7f018768a083c.jpeg

• Like 3

Enric Marco (wiki) died on 21 May 2022, aged 101.

Obituary here, though it's only just been spotted and added to his Wiki page.

Marco was a Catalonian man who wrote books about his treatment as a prisoner in Nazi concentration camps. He made a lot of money in the process, headed up associations representing survivors and even received awards and honours. Only problem was he was an imposter – he made everything up.

Widely covered by international media, including the BBC on occasions, but disappeared into obscurity thereafter.

• Like 4

On 14/01/2023 at 20:56, Summer in Transylvania said:

This one seems to have gone unreported on the forum, Sergeant Stan Pepper, of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band fame, seems to have passed away in March 2021, aged 100.

A former (but to my knowledge not current) DDP Pick, would he be eligible for the List of the Missed/Lost?

What's the connection to the Beatles apart from the name? I don't think anyone said he was the inspiration for the album name.

Macca recalls the story: “I was coming back from a trip abroad with our roadie, Mal Evans, just the two of us together on the plane,” he said. “We were eating and he mumbled to me, asked me to pass the salt and pepper. And I misheard him. He said [mumbles] ‘saltandpepper’.”

Macca continued the story: “So we had a laugh about it, then I started thinking about Sergeant Pepper as a character. I thought it would be a very interesting idea for us to assume alter egos for this album we were about to make. It was quite liberating.”

• Like 3

@Ulitzer95 Haki Korça (Wiki), Albanian football player died on Feb 25, 2006 in Toronto, Canada

Source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gisooo said:

@Ulitzer95 Haki Korça (Wiki), Albanian football player died on Feb 25, 2006 in Toronto, Canada

Source

Ok you’ve been here long enough.  Please post obits in their proper thread - and you know damn well there’s a football and/or FIFA thread.  Future me gives future thanks to future Gisooo.

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Ok you’ve been here long enough.  Please post obits in their proper thread - and you know damn well there’s a football and/or FIFA thread.  Future me gives future thanks to future Gisooo.

but… this guy died off radar so it fits this thread right ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

He did post in the correct thread. Do shut up.

• Like 4

On 13/12/2022 at 16:07, Octopus of Odstock said:

Anton Sukup does not work in the industry. He's just a normal fan who runs a FB page. The guy who came up with the dates is a different matter, but not all his credentials check out .

I DO work in the historic motor racing industry and not one noted researcher into old Grand Prix drivers have adopted these dates.... yet.

Copies of letters or correspondence or anything to use as some kind of proof have not materialised when asked.

By all means put it on Wiki and count it for Scavenger Hunt but the belief is Seiffert is probably still alive.

You know me, I hate having loads of old footballers as alive when I know they're not, but there needs to be "something". At the moment, it's missing. What we really need is some kind of German death index.

For what it's worth, this is the most credible death report of Seifert I've seen (Note the spelling of his name has changed a few times) but we're not wholly convinced. For example, Old Racing Cars, listed as a source on Wikipedia, hasn't adopted the dates. Nor Stats F1 and they're normally VERY quick, nor FORIX, nor Motorsport Magazine. I think we just need that scrap of extra info.

I'll be interested to see who updates their websites as a result of Wiki going for Sukup as a credible source.

Finally, there looks to be some more concrete evidence. I'm waiting for a copy of the letter (on its way to me) which says the below:

Herr Schmergel received a letter, in which he was advised by Seiffert’s daughter.  It reads: ‘Unfortunately, I have to inform you that Mr. Seiffert passed away last year on 11 November 2020’. 

There's no other online backup, but at least there's now an informant and some kind of meat to go on the bones of one website edit.

• Like 1

Libyan former PM Abdul Majid al-Qa′ud died in 2021, but for some reason his wiki page was not updated until now.

• Like 3

Sunny Gale (Wiki), classic pop singer of 50s looks like dead a year ago.

Mentioned on others threads like Dead Pop Stars and Deadpool Detective Work

Sunny Gale | Discography | Discogs

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Former Taiwanese 'superstar' singer Liu Wen-cheng died last October 29th at age 69. His manager confirmed the singers passing today (February 15th). He also acted in his homeland. Wen-cheng was the nephew of a farmer U.S. ambassador to Burma.

https://focustaiwan.tw/culture/202302150019

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Former Taiwanese 'superstar' singer Liu Wen-cheng died last October 29th at age 69. His manager confirmed the singers passing today (February 15th). He also acted in his homeland. Wen-cheng was the nephew of a farmer U.S. ambassador to Burma.

https://focustaiwan.tw/culture/202302150019

Still alive.

Faked his own death in order to turn down requests to make a comeback. As you do...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1