LB93

Kobe Bryant

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Would be cautious on the daughters part of it. There’s a lot of conflicting reports on whether the daughters were actually on or not...

Yeah, there seems to be a retraction now: 

Still waiting for Donald Trump to tweet about it.... Should I hold my breath? 

Watching the gowf, now apparently Tiger Woods has been informed out on the course of the Farmers Insurance at Torrey Pines.

I understand this is because they were friends. Again, 6 fucking pages of Google search news in the last hour and every story is about this guy, whoever he was. Where were these reporters when Robert Archibald died? Oh I know, took their own sweet time because British Internationals especially in niche sports don't matter. But apparently if they are American, we are all supposed to bewail this awful loss.

• Like 2

Jesus fucking christ.....

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Watching the gowf, now apparently Tiger Woods has been informed out on the course of the Farmers Insurance at Torrey Pines.

I understand this is because they were friends. Again, 6 fucking pages of Google search news in the last hour and every story is about this guy, whoever he was. Where were these reporters when Robert Archibald died? Oh I know, took their own sweet time because British Internationals especially in niche sports don't matter. But apparently if they are American, we are all supposed to bewail this awful loss.

He was one of the best basketball players of all time, an olympic basketballer and has died young.

The news went into overdrive because a lower league footballer died last night, you can surely see why an internationally famous (Basketball is big in mainland. particularly eastern Europe) Basketballer has died completely unexpectedly at just 41.

• Like 2

Also it's not suprising basketball isn't very big in the UK as matches generally start at midnight or 2.30am in the morning, sometimes even 3 or 4am.

That doesn't mean he isn't a global superstar. This is is the equivalent of a recently retired Premier League player dying in football......

So could all you going who he is he kindly fuck off.....

2 minutes ago, Deathray said:

He was one of the best basketball players of all time, an olympic basketballer and has died young.

The news went into overdrive because a lower league footballer died last night, you can surely see why an internationally famous (Basketball is big in mainland. particularly eastern Europe) Basketballer has died completely unexpectedly at just 41

I'm talking mainly about the UK press and media.

Archibald..British (more accurately Scottish so he matters even less, if only he'd come from London), Olympic player for Team GB, died even younger than Bryant. Think it took at least a couple of days before any UK national media took any notice. Maybe it's easier for one to do the work and others to copy and paste.

10 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Still waiting for Donald Trump to tweet about it.... Should I hold my breath? 

Surely he will.

I can’t believe it he was probably the most popular athlete of my youth. Shocking 

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Archibald..British (more accurately Scottish so he matters even less, if only he'd come from London), Olympic player for Team GB, died even younger than Bryant. Think it took at least a couple of days before any UK national media took any notice. Maybe it's easier for one to do the work and others to copy and paste.

Or maybe one of the all time best NBA players is far more notable than a relatively mediocre (not an insult, a fact) NBA player.

A bit

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Surely he will.

Trump just tweeted, ‘reports are”

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

If they both died tomorrow, who would get more coverage in the US media? Never played in the US Cristiano Ronaldo or proud American international and one-time Liverpool reserve team player Zak Whitbread?

• Like 1

Well, maybe like as if Messi died on a ... uhh.. yacht accident in 5-10 years.

Edit: Or maybe if Zidane died now, timeline-wise. 

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

Or maybe one of the all time best NBA players is far more notable than a relatively mediocre (not an insult, a fact) NBA player.

A bit

Missing my point, you scamp.

British coverage of British deaths actually died a long time ago. Takes a while for it to filter through it seems, sometimes ages. It's a long term sore with me that's all. Any opportunity to scratch the scab on the knee of the Forum....:lol:

Never heard of Robert Archibald, how many others have? Not many.

Not surprising that it gets to the 'well he was Scottish so the rest of the UK didn't think he mattered' bullshit.

Wait until Scotland becomes independent, absolutely nobody will give a fuck then.

Mind you, the rest of us don't now.

4 minutes ago, Deathray said:

A bit

YW is back pedalling now.....:lol:

• Haha 1

Missing my point, you scamp.

British coverage of British deaths actually died a long time ago. Takes a while for it to filter through it seems, sometimes ages. It's a long term sore with me that's all. Any opportunity to scratch the scab on the knee of the Forum....:lol:

I'm not missing your point. The point your make is a load of fucking nonsense.

British deaths/worldwide deaths of relatively unnotable people take a while to filter through because it's not noteable.

British deaths/worldwide deaths of people who are actually notable come through almost instantly.

That's not rocket science....

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

YW is back pedalling now.....:lol:

Don't worry he's just in a mood because they made the Doctor a black woman........

He'll be alright when his new Season 17 box set arrives and he's got a white male Doctor to watch......

• Haha 3

I know the name and that he is a very famous US sportsman and I think I would have said basketball if pushed.  But I would not have been able to pick him out in a photo.

Absolutely insane . Biggest shock death since Michael Jackson ?  Reports he was with another player , wonder if he is well known? Feel so sad his daughter died aswell they both had many more decades and alot more to give so sad.

3 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Absolutely insane . Biggest shock death since Michael Jackson ?  Reports he was with another player , wonder if he is well known? Feel so sad his daughter died aswell they both had many more decades and alot more to give so sad.

Feels like biggest shock death since Jackson but I'm sure some would argue for Bowie or Prince....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

The important take is here:

I just had to delete my response to that on twitter for fear of being banned, but to suffice to say Lord Sugar is a cunt.