GMsohum

Why no Indians ever in DeathList?

2 hours ago, Big Chungus said:

I honestly cannot think of a single famous person off the top of my head that is from India who is still alive. Plus I don't think the UK media will cover any deaths in India - whether it's T-Series artists or ex-Gov officials (unless their death was really tragic and/or gruesome).

Vijay Amritraj and his brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijay_Amritraj

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Toast said:

That's the guy from Octopussy! I was struggling for his name earlier.

Om Puri mentioned above was also very much a "oh that guy" when he died, though I didn't recognise the name. Although I don't get why Channel 4 sold East is East as comedy, it's bloody grim.

Glad I didn't suggest Art Malik as he was born in Pakistan and that's a whole can of worms...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:
10 hours ago, Toast said:

That's the guy from Octopussy! I was struggling for his name earlier.

He was in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home too.

• Like 2

I remember Vijay Amritraj from Wimbledon way back in the 70s, that's where I first came across the name.  He was in the quarter-finals a couple of times and also played in the doubles with one of his brothers, can't remember which bro though.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

I remember Vijay Amritraj from Wimbledon way back in the 70s, that's where I first came across the name.  He was in the quarter-finals a couple of times and also played in the doubles with one of his brothers, can't remember which bro though.

Anand Amritrjaj according to the Wiki.

Vijay has twitter! His last tweet expresses sadness about Kobe Bryant. It's really a small world these days...

Why does everybody send prayers to the bereaved these days?  Sending thoughts I get, as in "my thoughts are with them" but are the bereaved supposed to forward the prayers to their chosen deity themselves?  It's rather lazy, as if you can't be arsed to pray for them yourself.

23 hours ago, Toast said:

Why does everybody send prayers to the bereaved these days? 

Because for some reason I don't get US politicians post mass shooting haven't made 'thoughts and prayers' as a phase memeable enough yet

Hey we're getting closer!

A 22-year-old labourer suffocated to death while another was critical after they got down to clean a sump located in Shivajinagar on Saturday morning.
The contractor who brought them for cleaning ran away on finding the labourers were motionless. 

"As bad as that smelled, it was not half as bad as the shit posts on DeathList, particularly the 'Why No Indians' thread," the contractor said in a tweet.

12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

"As bad as that smelled, it was not half as bad as the shit posts on DeathList, particularly the 'Why No Indians' thread," the contractor said in a tweet.

If you don't like it, put your setting on "Ignore". 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

If you don't like it, put your setting on "Ignore". 

Is that advice addressed to Sir Creep, or to people reading Sir Creep’s posts? ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Hey we're getting closer!

A 22-year-old labourer suffocated to death while another was critical after they got down to clean a sump located in Shivajinagar on Saturday morning.
The contractor who brought them for cleaning ran away on finding the labourers were motionless. 

This is a cooked up story in the first place. There is no such casuality in Shivajinagar. I stay near Shivajinagar. 3 hours away. Why do you hate this thread so much? I will soon come up with a comprehensive death list of Indians. Give me some time to do research.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, GMsohum said:

This is a cooked up story in the first place. There is no such casuality in Shivajinagar. I stay near Shivajinagar. 3 hours away. Why do you hate this thread so much? I will soon come up with a comprehensive death list of Indians. Give me some time to do research.

I think you've totally missed the point of sarcasm in this thread. Either that or you are just trolling.

41 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I think you've totally missed the point of sarcasm in this thread. Either that or you are just trolling.

I am not trolling. The comment by Sir Creep was not funny. I am serious person. 

On 31/01/2020 at 14:30, GMsohum said:

I am not trolling. The comment by Sir Creep was not funny. I am serious person. 

Well this isn't exactly mums.net...

Madhur Jaffrey seems like a potential future candidate. She's well into her eighties and well known enough in UK. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Madhur Jaffrey seems like a potential future candidate. She's well into her eighties and well known enough in UK. 

Also Asha Bhosle is about the same age, and known to many because of the song about her, Brimful Of Asha.

• Like 1

Maybe we could use this thread for all your Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Sri Lankan needs? If foreign personalities isn't good enough?

Perhaps I'm just weary of Political Frailty being a dumping ground for all Canadians, Danes and others who have their own thread...:P

• Like 3

What about Englebert? Will he do?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Maybe we could use this thread for all your Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Sri Lankan needs? If foreign personalities isn't good enough?

Perhaps I'm just weary of Political Frailty being a dumping ground for all Canadians, Danes and others who have their own thread...:P

Why don’t we set up a “Longevity Myths” thread instead? That would just about cover all of the Indian subjects discussed on here.

• Haha 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/07/world/india-12-booster-shots.html

Indian man named Brahmdeo Mandal has received around 12 doses of the covid vaccine by lying to officials, claims his back pain has been cured.

Some articles say that he's 65, others that he's 85, according to some Indian articles he's 84 (These "elderly" Indians, you never really know how old they are...) Anyways, what an asshole. Only around 45% of the people in the country have gotten two doses.

• Haha 3

Saalumarad Thimmakka now permanently on wheelchair and though they are covered I think her legs are dangerously swollen.

• Like 1

Legendary Indian singer Sandhya Mukherjee (wiki), who just made the headlines for refusin Padma Shri, hospitalised after fall and lung infection.

• Like 1