Jump to content
GMsohum

Why no Indians ever in DeathList?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Big Chungus said:

I honestly cannot think of a single famous person off the top of my head that is from India who is still alive. Plus I don't think the UK media will cover any deaths in India - whether it's T-Series artists or ex-Gov officials (unless their death was really tragic and/or gruesome).

 

Vijay Amritraj and his brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijay_Amritraj

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Toast said:

 

Vijay Amritraj and his brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijay_Amritraj

 

 

That's the guy from Octopussy! I was struggling for his name earlier.

 

Om Puri mentioned above was also very much a "oh that guy" when he died, though I didn't recognise the name. Although I don't get why Channel 4 sold East is East as comedy, it's bloody grim.

 

 

Glad I didn't suggest Art Malik as he was born in Pakistan and that's a whole can of worms...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msc said:
10 hours ago, Toast said:

Vijay Amritraj and his brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijay_Amritraj

 

 

That's the guy from Octopussy! I was struggling for his name earlier.

 

He was in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Vijay Amritraj from Wimbledon way back in the 70s, that's where I first came across the name.  He was in the quarter-finals a couple of times and also played in the doubles with one of his brothers, can't remember which bro though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Toast said:

I remember Vijay Amritraj from Wimbledon way back in the 70s, that's where I first came across the name.  He was in the quarter-finals a couple of times and also played in the doubles with one of his brothers, can't remember which bro though.

 

Anand Amritrjaj according to the Wiki.

 

Vijay has twitter! His last tweet expresses sadness about Kobe Bryant. It's really a small world these days...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does everybody send prayers to the bereaved these days?  Sending thoughts I get, as in "my thoughts are with them" but are the bereaved supposed to forward the prayers to their chosen deity themselves?  It's rather lazy, as if you can't be arsed to pray for them yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because Cleveland baseball players aren't that popular in the U.K.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Toast said:

Why does everybody send prayers to the bereaved these days? 

 

Because for some reason I don't get US politicians post mass shooting haven't made 'thoughts and prayers' as a phase memeable enough yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey we're getting closer!

A 22-year-old labourer suffocated to death while another was critical after they got down to clean a sump located in Shivajinagar on Saturday morning.
The contractor who brought them for cleaning ran away on finding the labourers were motionless. 

"As bad as that smelled, it was not half as bad as the shit posts on DeathList, particularly the 'Why No Indians' thread," the contractor said in a tweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:


"As bad as that smelled, it was not half as bad as the shit posts on DeathList, particularly the 'Why No Indians' thread," the contractor said in a tweet.

If you don't like it, put your setting on "Ignore". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

If you don't like it, put your setting on "Ignore". 


Is that advice addressed to Sir Creep, or to people reading Sir Creep’s posts? ;)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Hey we're getting closer!

A 22-year-old labourer suffocated to death while another was critical after they got down to clean a sump located in Shivajinagar on Saturday morning.
The contractor who brought them for cleaning ran away on finding the labourers were motionless. 

"As bad as that smelled, it was not half as bad as the shit posts on DeathList, particularly the 'Why No Indians' thread," the contractor said in a tweet.

This is a cooked up story in the first place. There is no such casuality in Shivajinagar. I stay near Shivajinagar. 3 hours away. Why do you hate this thread so much? I will soon come up with a comprehensive death list of Indians. Give me some time to do research.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GMsohum said:

This is a cooked up story in the first place. There is no such casuality in Shivajinagar. I stay near Shivajinagar. 3 hours away. Why do you hate this thread so much? I will soon come up with a comprehensive death list of Indians. Give me some time to do research.

 

I think you've totally missed the point of sarcasm in this thread. Either that or you are just trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

 

I think you've totally missed the point of sarcasm in this thread. Either that or you are just trolling.

I am not trolling. The comment by Sir Creep was not funny. I am serious person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2020 at 14:30, GMsohum said:

I am not trolling. The comment by Sir Creep was not funny. I am serious person. 

Well this isn't exactly mums.net...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madhur Jaffrey seems like a potential future candidate. She's well into her eighties and well known enough in UK. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Madhur Jaffrey seems like a potential future candidate. She's well into her eighties and well known enough in UK. 

 

Also Asha Bhosle is about the same age, and known to many because of the song about her, Brimful Of Asha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use