paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Funny (serious) article explains how Jiang Zemin is behind the pandemic. Oh, and he also killed Frank Plummer!

Not seen any updates of the totals for a few days, has everyone either died or got better?

Media cycle has got bored, and do have we. Reported cases and deaths per day have fallen slightly (but still nearly 100 deaths per day); global spread is slowly creeping up; China started reopening factories and reducing road blocks in recent days. 

Recent large studies continued to show about 2% mortality, increased rates in older patients (8% in those over 70, 0% in under-10s). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/02/2020 at 11:09, msc said:

SARS was 774 for those keeping score at home.

Then it's a big jump to 2035 confirmed deaths from swine flu.

Closing in on swine flu death toll , death toll will probably surpass it today. What's next? lol

Really taking hold in Japan and South Korea. Does anyone believe China's numbers?

It might be down to getting over a chest infection (not coronavirus) but I really don't give a toss about Chinese numbers or what not tbh. Either it'll transform into a superflu and wipe out all of us, or it'll be like every other pandemic in the last 30 years and kill up to half a million people then get forgotten by Christmas. .

4 hours ago, msc said:

It might be down to getting over a chest infection (not coronavirus) but I really don't give a toss about Chinese numbers or what not tbh. Either it'll transform into a superflu and wipe out all of us, or it'll be like every other pandemic in the last 30 years and kill up to half a million people then get forgotten by Christmas. .

Much more likely the latter, of course.

• Like 1

A few days ago, the director of a hospital in Wuhan died & now there are people on Twitter who write that a second hospital director in Wuhan is fighting for his life too. :(

3 hours ago, msc said:

Not to panic The Engineer unnecessarily, but coronavirus has started killing folk in Iran who had never left their home country in their lives.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/iran-confirms-coronavirus-cases-200220125104907.html

And South Korea has declared emergency measures after confirmed cases there double to over 200 in a day. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51582186

• Like 1

Outbreak in Italy with six confirmed case (and none of them returning from China).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Outbreak in Italy with six confirmed case (and none of them returning from China).

Well, now sixteen cases.

My neighbours are going on holiday to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam next week.

Should I move before they get back?

2 hours ago, Toast said:

My neighbours are going on holiday to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam next week.

Should I move before they get back?

Fucking hell!

Your neighbours aren't Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris, are they?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, msc said:

Not to panic The Engineer unnecessarily, but coronavirus has started killing folk in Iran who had never left their home country in their lives.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/iran-confirms-coronavirus-cases-200220125104907.html

Chinese workers go to Iran and they reckon it started from there.

I'm very worried now I'm ordering a hazmat suit and ninja stars as we speak. 

• Like 1

Italy's Patient Zero is 38 years old and currently on a ventilator. He had been examined before and got sent home, but the disease worked its way over several weeks. 

They say that in China, the infection rate is slowing down. But I think the death toll follows with a delay of several weeks.

I think China alone will end up with 7000...8000... deaths once this is over. Now I wonder if other countries will do better or worse. Some countries have better medical care, but are not so autocratic.

If China can serve as a sort-of "median" country in terms of readiness against the disease, and China contains about a 5th or 6th of the world's population, we might then look at about 40.000 deaths.

• Like 1

50 infected in Italy, two dead, starting to be like Wuhan...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Italy's Patient Zero is 38 years old and currently on a ventilator. He had been examined before and got sent home, but the disease worked its way over several weeks. 

They say that in China, the infection rate is slowing down. But I think the death toll follows with a delay of several weeks.

I think China alone will end up with 7000...8000... deaths once this is over. Now I wonder if other countries will do better or worse. Some countries have better medical care, but are not so autocratic.

If China can serve as a sort-of "median" country in terms of readiness against the disease, and China contains about a 5th or 6th of the world's population, we might then look at about 40.000 deaths.

If you think china is telling the truth that is. Could already be over 10k in deaths. 

Around 150 people infected in Italy right now.

EDIT: Three deaths.

Four of the 32 Brits & Irish people recently evacuated from the cruise ship have returned with a touch of the Coronas. Cases in the UK now up to 13. 

My daughter and husband are (were?) off to Houston on friday for a year work secondment . Chances of being admitted to USA are what now , do you think ?

What are the current screening methods? Heat sensors..?.. Swabs ?

I cant believe Donald is letting all and sundry in.....

322 infected, 11 dead in Italy. Government insists the situation is under control.

• Sad 1