paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, drol said:

322 infected, 11 dead in Italy. Government insists the situation is under control.

ok....random boy(who I have never met) returns from  half term holiday in Northern Italy last weekend. His father(who now expects that school to go on lock-down tomorrow(Holmfirth...watch tomorrows news) works with my wife. He breathes all over her monday to tuesday....she breathes all over me monday to tuesday. We both breath all over my daughter who is off to Houston friday. 

My wife and I are sneezing currently (could be man - flu...but who knows?) .

I predict MAJOR outbreak in USA Southern states approx first week in March ?

You need to factor this in I feel....any 100 year olds who are vaguely famous currently residing near Houston ?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, grobler said:

I predict MAJOR outbreak in USA Southern states approx first week in March ?

That's a bit boldly specific for one very unlikely case to trigger.

No doubts there will be a big USA outbreak somewhere at some time however.

45 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

That's a bit boldly specific for one very unlikely case to trigger.

No doubts there will be a big USA outbreak somewhere at some time however.

Remember.....my tongue is often firmly in my cheek . :rolleyes:

A teacher in my city (Vienna), who came from a holiday in Italy, might be infected. Authorities blocked not just her school, but the entire street. And parents may be forbidden to pick up their children from school. There's also panic buying.

Suspected COVID-19 case literally five minutes away from my office. If it is in Canary Wharf, an area where 180,000 people work every day in something less than half a square mile and then go home to commuter belt towns at the end of the day, that's basically the south of England fucked.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Suspected COVID-19 case literally five minutes away from my office. If it is in Canary Wharf, an area where 180,000 people work every day in something less than half a square mile and then go home to commuter belt towns at the end of the day, that's basically the south of England fucked.

I delivered most of the materials to build the atria on several buildings in that neck of the woods.

East India Dock.jpg

• Like 2

Ohh! Visitors! Seems like the virus is in my backyard, so to speak. Sweden infected now. Germany probably ahead of an epidemic. Fun times. Everyone's going crazy. And I'm just walking around, not giving a damn, hoping for the craze to be over or at least one of the oldies on my list takes a bow.

My birthplace of Erkelenz is now the focus of the german Corona virus developments. The infected couple also had visited a carnival event... fun...

Whilst yes its worrying, if you have a normal immune system then you should be able to fight this off speaking to a GP friend of mine. Mind you, theres a nasty cold/cough doing the rounds here at the moment which I caught over the weekend and is now developing nicely on my chest via a hacking cough. 

Unless that Chinese student who coughed over me by the University last Thursday wasnt in the clear! 

3 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Mind you, theres a nasty cold/cough doing the rounds here at the moment which I caught over the weekend and is now developing nicely on my chest via a hacking cough. 

Ah yes, I had that last week. Apparently there's a strand at the moment that mimics many symptoms of coronavirus which presumably exists just to scare the shit out of the paranoid. Although at one point when I was coughing and choking my head off I thought "Hey, if I go into town right now I could get the entire west coast of Scotland quarantined through panic!" :lol:

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Ah yes, I had that last week. Apparently there's a strand at the moment that mimics many symptoms of coronavirus which presumably exists just to scare the shit out of the paranoid. Although at one point when I was coughing and choking my head off I thought "Hey, if I go into town right now I could get the entire west coast of Scotland quarantined through panic!" :lol:

Or do what I did at work. Put a sign up saying infected with unknown virus. Then refusing to go home

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Genfærd said:

Ohh! Visitors! Seems like the virus is in my backyard, so to speak. Sweden infected now. Germany probably ahead of an epidemic. Fun times. Everyone's going crazy. And I'm just walking around, not giving a damn, hoping for the craze to be over or at least one of the oldies on my list takes a bow.

Grimey. That did not take long. Just announced this morning that Denmark has its first infected. I predict a total of 4 deaths in Denmark before the craze eventually blows over.

The Norwegian authorities announced today that Norway now has several cases in Oslo, Stavanger, Sauda and Tromsø. Many were vacationing in Tenerife, Canary Islands at the same hotel. TUI charters brought many of the infected back to Norway. Thanks to their greed and stupidity, there will now be many sick, possibly deaths in Norway (why weren`t they quaranteed at the hotel?) A Norwegian student in Italy now also has the virus. Doctors say not to worry. Their body language suggests something else. 

Italy's government is downplaying the emergency, saying "it's a normal flu". It is quite evident there are THOUSANDS of infected now and there will be HUNDREDS of deaths. Still government is DELIBERATELY going to hide numbers (as announced by Spallanzani hospital in Rome) because they fear for economy and tourism. Yeah, tourism is their main worry.

I don't buy the "it's a common flu" thing. Mortality of coronavirus is around 1000 times that of normal flu and if the contagion is not controlled (as it will happen soon, to "help economy") on all those deaths even younger people will "statisticaly" die. But they give a fuck about you who died at 23 of coronavirus, for them it's just "statistics". 17 people already dead (probably at least 100), they insist they were old and would have died anyaway. Things that their families strongly deny. But people is more reassured if they believe the snakes who run this country. Fuck it, I'm angry.

• Like 3

I wonder if some members of this forum decided to prep. Buy masks, antibiotics, non-perishable food etc.

I'm going to start spring-cleaning tomorrow, I swear. So that I won't be embarrassed to let paramedics in. :blush:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

I wonder if some members of this forum decided to prep. Buy masks, antibiotics, non-perishable food etc.

I'm going to start spring-cleaning tomorrow, I swear. So that I won't be embarrassed to let paramedics in. :blush:

Paracetamol and whisky works for me every time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Japanese man being reinfected is worrying. Could be once you get it you never defeat it? Unless they develop a vaccine. Could be the cold equivalent to HIV.

Rumours the second reinfection gives you a heart attack. Look out for that. Of course it was once a rumour you could get reinfected.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-risk-of-reinfection-2020-2

• Like 2

How come Italy has tons of cases right now compared to rest of Europe? Do Italians like going to China or something?

I have my theories. Italy never found Patient Zero, from which the contagion started. It is very likely that patient zero was someone who went to a Chinese "massage center" (read: prostitutes) and got it there. Some weeks ago regions in the North asked the government the right to quarantine everyone comig back from China for 14 days. Government denied, defining these measures as "unnecessary" and "racist". Ironically it would have probably prevented the whole thing.

Anyway come back to patient 0. An elderly farmer from Codogno zone, or whatsoever. He goes to the massage center, and in the following days he develops fever and pneumonia. He doesn't think at all to be checked, so he continues working and infects dozens of other people. These people infect hundreds of other people. A great number of them probably dies in hospital, their deaths being classified as due to "pneumonia". No one in the hospitals even thinks about checking coronavirus. Government insists there is no coronavirus in Italy. This goes on for weeks, maybe a month, with hundreds of infected people who think they have a common flu. 

Then so-called Patient 1, a 38-year old manager from Codogno, goes to hospital with acute pneumonia. Once, twice, they never consider him. By the time he goes to A& E twice he infects many patients with coronavirus. Some of them will later die. The third time he goes to hospital, with his conditions rapidly deteriorating (he is currently still on life support), his wife says he has met a colleague who came back from China, some time ago. They test coronavirus and it is positive. His pregnant wife is infected too. From there hundreds of infected are found, 17 deaths happen (but may be many more).

Surprisingly the manager who came back from China never had coronavirus, so he is not Patient Zero, though members of his family are infected too. Seeing that the virus has circulated for weeks, and mainly for their fault, government goes postal and decides to quarantine a vast zone. A week later, seeing that this is damaging economy and international relationships, they turn to the "it's a common flu" thing, in a very clumsy way.

Reality is different:

1)It is a flu-like disease, but has a mortality rate 1000 times higher than flu. If it spreads virtually to the entire population it will cause thousands of deaths. Statistically.

2)Deaths won't be restricted to the elder/ill (as their lives count less), but young people will statistically die too. It could be everyone and nothing can be done.

3)Most of Italian population will actually get coronavirus, me included.

So don't be fooled, government never had the situation under control. 

• Like 3

2CEB993F-5B3A-4CAE-9FCB-641C4639D313.thumb.jpeg.4ccc01986e37ff469f340e4eeaa816cb.jpeg

Hm...

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

How come Italy has tons of cases right now compared to rest of Europe? Do Italians like going to China or something?

Marco Polo? What drol said above sounds plausible. Could be patient 1 visited said massage parlours while his wife wasn't giving him any and up the duff.

17 minutes ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

I think my pension is dying as is my stocks and shares ISA. :( 

Looking on the positive side, you might not need the pension.

• Haha 6