paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

I think my pension is dying as is my stocks and shares ISA. :( 

Fucking hell, you are rich?

What do you eat? Tofu?

Quick update....

Daughter and son in law safely allowed to enter USA , and said son in law is currently watching football. Daughter is feeling ill....and is in bed. As a trained nurse , she was well capable of fooling heat scanners at immigration , however her illness may actually only be stress related (and possibly a result of jet lag) .

Anyway...I am still researching the Houston semi famous elderly residents . I really do feel there is a strong possibility of a major outbreak here.....:)

Government has imposed censorship about number of infected and deaths in Italy. There will be no further updates, officially  "to prevent panic".

Talk about China being obscurantist...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Talk about China being obscurantist...

Oh....me and the wife do nothing but.....:)

On 27/02/2020 at 15:19, theoldlady said:

The Norwegian authorities announced today that Norway now has several cases in Oslo, Stavanger, Sauda and Tromsø. Many were vacationing in Tenerife, Canary Islands at the same hotel. TUI charters brought many of the infected back to Norway. Thanks to their greed and stupidity, there will now be many sick, possibly deaths in Norway (why weren`t they quaranteed at the hotel?) A Norwegian student in Italy now also has the virus. Doctors say not to worry. Their body language suggests something else. 

Now the idiots at the main hospital near Oslo have 3 Hospital workers that have tested positive, and a possible 28 or so with symptoms may be positive - the next results come on Sunday - additionally there are 30 more without symptoms who are in isolation. A person who had been in the infected area came to the hospital sick and the doctor there said he most likely did not have it so he was not tested  and of course he did have it. A few trips to the hospital later, each time possibly infecting others, he tested Positive. So far 15 in Norway are positive.

This is a country that has a 6 months waiting list to get ones tonsils taken out. Norway is doomed. The hospital workers will certainly not work hard like the Chinese hospital workers have. Jack-asses at my job come to work with sore throats and coughing - totally in denial of How they could infect others. I have sent out several emails to NOT come to work sick. What is crazy, no one cares if you show up or work at home. Nuts! 

There is a case confirmed in Berkshire where I live but doesn't say which town.

1124 infected, 29 deaths in Italy. No way to stop it.

20 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

There is a case confirmed in Berkshire where I live but doesn't say which town.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611eaa4cfc131f194a38b

The US reports its first coronavirus casualty, in Washington State. Unlike the US mini-reports, who just post "someone in Washington state died," the Daily Fail describes each of the known infected: an older Northern California woman with chronic health conditions, a high school student in Everett, Washington and an employee at a Portland, Oregon-area school.

My bet is the older Northern California woman with chronic health conditions was the first US death.

Word from her family is Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has coronavirus now. What a terrible and sad end to this young mother's life if true. 

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/feb/29/nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-family-believe-she-has-coronavirus

On 27/02/2020 at 05:20, philheybrookbay said:

Whilst yes its worrying, if you have a normal immune system then you should be able to fight this off speaking to a GP friend of mine. Mind you, theres a nasty cold/cough doing the rounds here at the moment which I caught over the weekend and is now developing nicely on my chest via a hacking cough. 

Unless that Chinese student who coughed over me by the University last Thursday wasnt in the clear! 

The problem is far more people than you think don't have a normal immune system. 

Rough estimates are 4 million in the UK with autoimmune disorders.....

An 15 million with chronic health conditions....

Not to mention the number of people with weakened immune systems that are not suffering from autoimmune disorders. 

23 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

To be fair, even as a prisoner she probably won't die.

Yes, mortality rates are low. You need to be unlucky, something we all have been at least once.

Christ on a bike!

More people are dying from flu in the UK than Corona could struggle to better, not that you would want it to, obviously.

Over last years Christmas period a shit ton of people at the local hospital died from the flu.

We are talking double figures.

You apply that stat to all hospitals in the UK and you would have a number that would scare the shit out of you.

The Corona bollocks is just an amateur at this game.

• Like 2

For those who like to see numbers change:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I have to say I am becoming a little suspicious of the numbers in China and Iran, the slowing down of the spread in the former and the numbers of deaths in the latter.

If we compare those numbers to Italy and South Korea, two countries with an extreme transparency, the former numbers look a little off.

China's population is about 27 times that of South Korea. The number of cases in China is about 25 times of that in South Korea. I bet the real number is a little higher, maybe by at least about 1.500. Especially considering that China has had a "head start". 

And Italy might soon surpass the number of Iran's fatalities. It already has double the number of infections of Iran. 

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

The problem is far more people than you think don't have a normal immune system. 

Rough estimates are 4 million in the UK with autoimmune disorders.....

An 15 million with chronic health conditions....

Not to mention the number of people with weakened immune systems that are not suffering from autoimmune disorders. 

I reckon my immune system is OK, since I don''t spend too much time cleaning and disinfecting my house.  I'm sure people compromise their kids' immune systems by obsessing over hygiene.  As the late Quentin Crisp observed, after the first four years the dust doesn't get any worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm sure people compromise their kids' immune systems by obsessing over hygiene

I breathed on my 18-year-old before I left the home today to the pene-exclave. "Beats having a shot," he said. 

My immune system is shit (chronic asthma) but I'm not panicking either.

Now fingers crossed folk wont look back at this thread in 5 years and go "Remember when msc was alive? Christ, he was boring..." :lol:

• Like 1

Having both type 2 diabetes and Crohn's disease, I qualify twice for the flu shot every year (which I take) but I really don't give a shit about this corona thing, I have smoked more corona cigars in my time than people have died from the virus so far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

For those who like to see numbers change:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I have to say I am becoming a little suspicious of the numbers in China and Iran, the slowing down of the spread in the former and the numbers of deaths in the latter.

If we compare those numbers to Italy and South Korea, two countries with an extreme transparency, the former numbers look a little off.

China's population is about 27 times that of South Korea. The number of cases in China is about 25 times of that in South Korea. I bet the real number is a little higher, maybe by at least about 1.500. Especially considering that China has had a "head start". 

And Italy might soon surpass the number of Iran's fatalities. It already has double the number of infections of Iran. 

I am prepared to believe that China is getting on top of the problem and the numbers are falling.

Why?

It's China, they don't fuck around, human rights out of the window and all that.

They will have taken some draconian measures, no mask? shot on sight.

The country is secretive and nobody is going to really know what they are doing to get the numbers down.

The truth is, nobody cares.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Having both type 2 diabetes and Crohn's disease, I qualify twice for the flu shot every year (which I take) but I really don't give a shit about this corona thing, I have smoked more corona cigars in my time than people have died from the virus so far. 

For some reason I couldn't quote in MSCs post, however, I see another thread in the making here.

Everybody posts up their ailments, their chronic medical conditions etc and we can all have a little flutter on who becomes a stiffy first.

We can even donate winnings to charidee.

This has gotta run!:D

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

I know, right.

Not in the same boat as you, but I am getting sick of the constant news about it. Reminds me of when SARS broke out way before news on the internet as a norm and the "breaking news"-era. Everyone freaked out, and talked it to death which made me care less and less about it. I'm healthy as can be, and I couldn't give less fucks about the corona virus - i fear the normal flu way more.

2 hours ago, paddyfool said:

To be fair, even as a prisoner she probably won't die.

Lots of young people dying in Iran and the mortality rate is higher in Iran around 15% (poor infrastructure and supplies). I imagine she won't be at the front of the queue for many treatments.

Yeah, but flu killed 56 people in Iran in 2 months, at the end of last year.

It's just another pandemic, we have had them before.

The Corona bollocks is just another virus, it's nowt special.

At the moment it is just the flavour of the year, give it till summer and it we be Ebola again.:rolleyes: