paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 09/03/2020 at 09:24, theoldlady said:

Good Morning from Norway, March 9th, 2020.

We start the counting with one more case reported earlier today for a total of 177 cases. Many are put in isolation for 2-4 weeks to see if they come down with any symptoms. We live in interesting times.

224 cases by 10:15 p.m. Good night! The end is nigh.

Good Morning from Western Norway, Tuesday, March 10th, 2020.

The count at the start of the day is 227 cases. The Government is twiddling its thumbs. There are lots of older people in Norway.

Guess they want to reduce their pension payouts! Our Prime Minister is a Globalist. Got to get the older population numbers down. Many flights cancelled. Don't worry, be happy! :wacko::blink:

252 cases at 3 p.m. Today.

At 7:40 p.m.:

Now the news is saying 277 New cases. However the Worldometer site is saying 303 cases! Our news is always behind the Worldometer site. So 303 is most likely correct. This has happened several times now.

At 8 p.m.:

WTF! It just hopped from 303 to  328! 
10:18 p.m. It is now 356! Good night for now! Will update on Wednesday! :ghost:

Edited by theoldlady
Updates for 10. March 2020.
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

The count at the start of the day is 227 cases. The Government is twiddling its thumbs. There are lots of older people in Norway.

Guess they want to reduce their pension payouts! Our Prime Minister is a Globalist. Got to get the older population numbers down. Many flights cancelled. Don't worry, be happy! :wacko::blink:

I think there are a few governments around the world thinking of that. Japan, Italy and the UK spring to mind. It is all about the overworked healthcare system, lack of care homes and also the number of pensions that have now got to be paid out. A cull of the old and infirm might just solve these problems quickly. We shall see. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Damn its really getting worse in Norway. 

113 cases in Denmark. Government just raised the risk level on getting infected from low to high and are considering closing down more high populated areas. 

Copehagen Business School had its first two cases and so did a gym. Plus, an infected were out partying all friday and may have infected a handful. 

No deaths yet. My prediction from February about a max of 4 deaths in the coming months still stands. 

As a Teacher, we are really touched by this, and schools all around are worried. Mainly because a lot of families were on holiday in Italy in the holiday time a few weeks ago. 

Edit: 156 now. 

Edit: Just jumped from 156 to 252.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, theoldlady said:

At 3 p.m. Norwegian time we have 252 cases as of today. An interesting note, the Norwegian Stortning (Parliament) has banned foreign travel for their Parliamentary members for March and April. Us mere mortals have no such ban yet. :electr2:

• Shocked 1

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Read this thread about the situation in Italy.

They no longer intubate patients who suffer from cancer or diabetes, even if they are young. :o

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538

It's true. Hospital have reached their limits.

• Like 1

1st death has been recorded in New Jersey.

Here's where we stand in the US as of 12PM EST:

USA: 754

NJ: 15

• Thanks 1

For the first time since its beginning, contagion has (much) slowed down in Italy. On the other hand deaths and people in ICU have never been so high.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Unknown Man said:

1st death has been recorded in New Jersey.

Here's where we stand in the US as of 12PM EST:

USA: 754

NJ: 15

In context, we have to have context, the population of the USA at the end of 2019 stood at 329 million

THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY NINE MILLION!!!!!!

754 deaths is a mere flea sitting on a pimple on the arse of a very, very large dog, or summat.

Twenty seven in Scotland now. If anybody gives a rats, I've just got a cold. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 07/03/2020 at 19:52, Toast said:

There was plenty of paracetamol when I was round the shops on Thursday.  But no ibu-pro-fen.  Guess the failed ibu-pro-fen buyers have snapped it all up.

I always have plenty of both because of the stupid restrictions that stop you buying a 100 tab bottle, which is what I used to do.  So I tend to toss a couple of packs in the basket whenever I think of it so as not to run out.  

Has anyone actually researched how many lives those restrictions have saved??

If you want to kill yourself I can't see how having to cross road to other shop will be a big deterrent. 

• Like 1

This is brilliant!  A site to help us make sure we wash our hands properly.

Never mind "Happy Birthday", just pick a favourite song.

https://washyourlyrics.com/

image.png.a5e204c338cb2fae9bcaace7f3902508.png

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Toast said:

This is brilliant!  A site to help us make sure we wash our hands properly.

Never mind "Happy Birthday", just pick a favourite song.

https://washyourlyrics.com/

image.png.a5e204c338cb2fae9bcaace7f3902508.png

Not impressed :P

2586159586440380416.thumb.png.03d49d8c05a0aed1ad5ccadd10cf6a00.png

• Haha 2

Insider info has informed me that there are several new cases of it at my local hospital. Basically, yesterday we had none and now we have quite enough thanks.

Saw the handwashing with "God Save the Queen" and thought I would rather die tbh.

I'm considering locking charon's chinese phone thread as a precaution. 

First case offshore. My pal there has already cancelled his Italian skiing holiday and is going nowhere for a while. 

• Like 1

On 10/03/2020 at 09:23, theoldlady said:

252 cases at 3 p.m. Today.

At 7:40 p.m.:

Now the news is saying 277 New cases. However the Worldometer site is saying 303 cases! Our news is always behind the Worldometer site. So 303 is most likely correct. This has happened several times now.

At 8 p.m.:

WTF! It just hopped from 303 to  328! 
10:18 p.m. It is now 356! Good night for now! Will update on Wednesday! :ghost:

Good afternoon! Today is March 11th 2020 at 16:34  (4:34 p.m.)

We now have 451 cases! The Government has woken from its bubble and are starting to take more measures to stop the spread of the virus.

From today on I fortunately can now work from home at least until Easter. I can click on a laptop no matter where I am. Because of my age and my husband's health, I am one of those in THE GROUP that can get really sick and die from this thing. 

(They still haven't closed the schools, museums or universities yet. It reminds me of the river in Africa called De Nile.)

As of 19:25 (7:25 p.m. ) we now have 570 cases! Yikes! This is increasing quickly!:dead3:

As of 21:36  (9:36 p.m.) we have 621 cases. :ghost3:Huge increases today! 

Edited by theoldlady
To show updates
  • Like 2

Stay safe! 

Only a matter of time now. Here in Denmark, schools and Unis are starting to shut down. We reached 320 cases this morning and our government will soon forbid Mass gatherings. 

Sadly, we are drawing closer and closer to The 1st deaths in Scandinavia. 

Edit: 25 mins after this post cases in Denmark went from 320 cases to 442 just now. 1300 in quarentine.

Edited by Genfærd
Updated numbers
  • Like 1

That didn't take long. 

Sweden registers the 1st death merely 2 minutes after my post. 

• Sad 1

I don't work at this hospital which has just got a case (ward 7 and 8 closed off apparently according to my boss at Wexham), but I did my 6 week training there and 90% of staff who work with me come from that hospital daily. Some live on site.

I also come into contact with the porters in the post room reguarly who sort out the post coming from that hospital daily.

I feel i'm going to get it or my department is going to be closed for a short time, lol.

• Sad 2

• Shocked 3

Sorry for multiple posts. But holy shiiiit.

Denmark is shutting down. Completely. No events must have 100 or more people attending. Every institution, schools, libraries, bars, resturants etc. is shutting down the next 14 days, and people over 60 are being told to stay home.

I can't believe this. 

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

On 10 March 2020 at 20:31, Paul Bearer said:

Twenty seven in Scotland now. If anybody gives a rats, I've just got a cold. :(

Now I have a snotty, runny nose. What exactly are the symptoms of corona virus? :(

13 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Now I have a snotty, runny nose. What exactly are the symptoms of corona virus? :(

I’d be getting your affairs in order if I were you.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1