paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Now I have a snotty, runny nose. What exactly are the symptoms of corona virus? :(

Dry cough, sore throat, fever.

If you have respiratory problems, it's time to call the paramedics. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Dry cough, sore throat, fever.

If you have respiratory problems, it's time to call the paramedics. 

No fever or respiratory problems (yet). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Now I have a snotty, runny nose. What exactly are the symptoms of corona virus? :(

If you get fever , there's a good chance you have it. Ring hospital IF you get fever explain the situation ,ask them to collect you as your worried about infecting others. Get alot of Vitimin C and  Ibu profen ask someone to shop and get them in for you. If possible isolate yourself from work and loved ones. 

• Like 1

On 11/03/2020 at 16:27, theoldlady said:

Good afternoon! Today is March 11th 2020 at 16:34  (4:34 p.m.)

We now have 451 cases! The Government has woken from its bubble and are starting to take more measures to stop the spread of the virus.

From today on I fortunately can now work from home at least until Easter. I can click on a laptop no matter where I am. Because of my age and my husband's health, I am one of those in THE GROUP that can get really sick and die from this thing. 

(They still haven't closed the schools, museums or universities yet. It reminds me of the river in Africa called De Nile.)

As of 19:25 (7:25 p.m. ) we now have 570 cases! Yikes! This is increasing quickly!:dead3:

As of 21:36  (9:36 p.m.) we have 621 cases. :ghost3:Huge increases today! 

Good morning! Today is March 12th. 
Still waiting for the News updates for today. The starting number from yesterday is 621.

Now at 629 a few minutes later!

648 cases now at 11:50 a.m. I am now remote working  at home until my workplaces open up again in a few weeks. They finally closed the schools, pre-schools and universities, sports arenas/events and exercise gyms, museums, restaurants, most work places, etc. here. Pray for us all.

Now there are 703 cases. It is 15:45 (3:45 p.m.) :blink:

738 cases now, plus our first death. An elderly person from Oslo. :rip: (20:30; 8:30 p.m.)

791 cases at 22:22 (10:22 p.m.) good night! :old:

Edited by theoldlady
To show updates.
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

From 6pm tonight to 31st March all schools in the Republic of Ireland will be closed. 

From Facebook:

image.png.46a3e024b46f5119ccaad9e9cee3a849.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm actually so fucked off about this, especially being told what I can't do (never ends well) that I'm away to China tomorrow.

Who wants what?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What was the last virus that caused this much disruption? 

4 minutes ago, Deathray said:

What was the last virus that caused this much disruption? 

The (non existent) Millennium Bug

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

It is being said that the Government wants to cultivate a 'herd immunity' situation in the hope that most of the population get it, recover from it and build up an immunity to it.

That will leave hospitals with a greater capacity to deal with those with bigger health problems, who contract it, and are in a more critical situation.

This is why they are reluctant, or so it would seem, to bring in crowd control by banning large gatherings etc.

I think.:blink:

15 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

It is being said that the Government wants to cultivate a 'herd immunity' situation in the hope that most of the population get it, recover from it and build up an immunity to it.

That will leave hospitals with a greater capacity to deal with those with bigger health problems, who contract it, and are in a more critical situation.

This is why they are reluctant, or so it would seem, to bring in crowd control by banning large gatherings etc.

I think.:blink:

Herd immunity is bollocks. If 20% of the UK were to get infected, you'd still be looking at 120,000 deaths.......

The whole response is predictably shit. Two weeks from now, many will wonder why the hell the gvt didn't start the lockdown sooner.

• Like 1

• Like 1

I just had a second vaccination of live viruses (MMR) because the NHS lost my medical records. Can't keep up with me skipping countries fair enough.

The surgery was pretty much deserted, just me, no doctors either apparently.

This exact thing happened during Avian Flu, I go to some bird sanctuary wondering where everyone is. 

I'm making no sense at all even for me, but my point is, if, like I was told, I might feel delirious, how do I know if it's just the vaccine or I'm sick and should be out shaking hands with everyone I hate?

** ^^ delirious type post. 

• Like 1

On 11/03/2020 at 16:57, Paul Bearer said:

No fever or respiratory problems (yet). 

Sore throat for 3-4 days then moves into sinuses.  Don’t be drama queen, you’ve no more the virus than your dug.

BTW. not ONE dug has the virus.  All dogs lick their arses.  Clearly then, to avoid the virus get down there and lick your dog’s arse.

Dr Creep

Newsflash!  Toilet paper replaces bitcoin as the hot new currency!!  

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2020 at 07:33, theoldlady said:

Good morning! Today is March 12th. 
Still waiting for the News updates for today. The starting number from yesterday is 621.

Now at 629 a few minutes later!

648 cases now at 11:50 a.m. I am now remote working  at home until my workplaces open up again in a few weeks. They finally closed the schools, pre-schools and universities, sports arenas/events and exercise gyms, museums, restaurants, most work places, etc. here. Pray for us all.

Now there are 703 cases. It is 15:45 (3:45 p.m.) :blink:

738 cases now, plus our first death. An elderly person from Oslo. :rip: (20:30; 8:30 p.m.)

791 cases at 22:22 (10:22 p.m.) good night! :old:

Good morning! Today is Friday the 13th March, 2020

We start our morning in Norway with 801 cases, 1 death, 1 recovered (this person recovered a while back now.)

876 as of 12:30 p.m.

934 cases as of 8 p.m.

Everything is closed now - Even the ferries connecting Norway with the rest of Europe. Can`t travel to the USA.

988 cases reported as of 10:36. I guess there will be 1000 when I wake up tomorrow. Good night!

Edited by theoldlady
Showing updates
  • Sad 1

On 09/03/2020 at 21:02, paddyfool said:

We've just passed 4000 deaths. Only took 2 days from when we passed 3500 https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/.

With 4989 deaths so far reported, and both Italy and Iran among the countries yet to report today, it looks like today's the day we pass the 5000 mark. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Question: Will it take another 4 days to hit 6000 deaths, or fewer?

2 hours ago, paddyfool said:

With 4989 deaths so far reported, and both Italy and Iran among the countries yet to report today, it looks like today's the day we pass the 5000 mark. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Question: Will it take another 4 days to hit 6000 deaths, or fewer?

There are over 5,585 people right now in critical condition according to Worldometer, so we will most likely hit 6,000 deaths in 4 days unfortunately. One thing I have noticed is that Worldometer is about 2 hours ahead of the media here, in Norway at least, in announcing the totals. (Of course many suspect that the numbers in China have been under-reported; we might never know the true numbers.)

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Good morning! Today is Friday the 13th March, 2020

We start our morning in Norway with 801 cases, 1 death, 1 recovered (this person has been recovered a long time.

Sadly, it has just been reported that a person died in Denmark due to the virus. 80 years old. We are at 800 cases and 2 recovered. 

So similair patterns between Denmark and Norway. 

Edit: OK they dont count the victim as a Covid-19 death but as natural causes since he died of a heart attack. 

Edited by Genfærd
Not a Covid-19 death

16 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Sadly, it has just been reported that a person died in Denmark due to the virus. 80 years old. We are at 800 cases and 2 recovered. 

So similair patterns between Denmark and Norway. 

Yikes! We have 76 New cases already today in Norway to make 876 and its only 12:30 p.m. We both have huge elderly populations as well. :deadx:

Even Disneyland in Anaheim, California is closing from Saturday the 14th of March - at least until the end of March. This also includes California Adventure and their hotels.  (Their Hotels are closing from the 16th so people can make other arrangements.) (Downtown Disney is not closing yet.) Universal Studios is also closing. 

Tears in the eyes of the Sky Sports Golf team as The Players Championship cancelled.

Masters under threat.

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Tears in the eyes of the Sky Sports Golf team as The Players Championship cancelled.

Masters under threat.

Tears of joy all over the world as they party at the lack of that so very interesting game of golf. 

• Haha 1

Update 

I actually predicted 5000 dead by march 16th I was 3 days out.

Time it took to get to 1000 deaths . December 1st to February 11 = 72 days 

Time it took to get to 2000 deaths. February 11th to 18th  = 6 days 

Time it took to get to 3000 deaths. February 18th to march 2nd  = 12 days 

Time it took to get to 4000 deaths. March 2nd to march 9th = 6 days

Time it took to get to 5000 deaths. March 9th to march 13th = 3 days 

Currently at 5071 deaths

My prediction 6000 dead by march 17th