paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, drol said:

Ok, man. Then come here to see how many 50 year old who have a completely normal life go to ICU everyday for this fucking thing. Average obituaries pages for obituary on L'Eco di Bergamo is 2 pages; now it is 10 pages everyday.

I see deaths everyday around me and I'm really tired of people who are not in the middle of hell and still make judgements. And God, I don't wish on anyone what we are enduring.

I am man enough to eat my words,  we shall see what happens here.

5 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

From the Governments own statistical data: 'The provisional number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 28 February 2020 (week 9) was 10,816; this represents a decrease of 25 deaths registered in comparison with the previous week (week 8). The average number of deaths for the corresponding week over the previous five years was 11,183'.

The sheer degree of panic and fuckwittery that is going on is fucking moronic.

We're at the very foothills of the epidemic......

We could be at several thousand deaths a week from this thing in a matter of week. And people like you trying to brush it off as nothing, still going into work with a high temperature and cough are responsible for increasing those deaths by giving it to people with underlying health conditions. British selfishness astounds me. It's not about you, for once; it's about the people your spreading a deadly virus too...

• Like 3

Just now, Deathray said:

We're at the very foothills of the epidemic......

We could be at several thousand deaths a week from this thing in a matter of week. And people like you trying to brush it off as nothing, still going into work with a high temperature and cough are responsible for increasing those deaths by giving it to people with underlying health conditions. British selfishness astounds me. It's not about you, for once; it's about the people your spreading a deadly virus too...

I don't have a deadly virus, yet.

If I am ill, I don't go to work. Simple enough.

Don't tar me with that brush Deathers.

Selfish people are why I don't much like people, in general.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I don't have a deadly virus, yet.

If I am ill, I don't go to work. Simple enough.

Don't tar me with that brush Deathers.

Selfish people are why I don't much like people, in general.

You can have it for four days without even knowing you have it to be frank, but I get your point.

I'm sick death of people taking this piss out of a policy that could save mine and tens of thousand of other people like me's lives. 

If and when self-isolation comes in, I just hope to god people actually follow it. Not make the most of the free time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I am man enough to eat my words,  we shall see what happens here.

I'm glad your man enough to eat your words because on current trajectory this could kill a lot of people. 

Just now, Deathray said:

You can have it for four days without even knowing you have it to be frank, but I get your point.

I'm sick death of people taking this piss out of a policy that could save mine and tens of thousand of other people like me's lives. 

If and when self-isolation comes in, I just hope to god people actually follow it. Not make the most of the free time. 

Do we actually know whether self isolation is actually going to work?

It's not like the virus is going to disappear, it is going to stick around now like the flu.

When isolation is over, it won't spread like it has, right?

I'm not convinced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I'm glad your man enough to eat your words because on current trajectory this could kill a lot of people. 

It will, but until there's a vaccine nothing is going to stop it spreading.  And statistics show that the vast majority of people survive it. 

It's no good pointing the finger at anyone, nobody is to blame for this virus.  Conspiracy theories aside. ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toast said:

It will, but until there's a vaccine nothing is going to stop it spreading.  And statistics show that the vast majority of people survive it. 

It's no good pointing the finger at anyone, nobody is to blame for this virus.  Conspiracy theories aside. ;)

Bollocks to that.

Lets just blame Deathers.:D

9 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Do we actually know whether self isolation is actually going to work?

It's not like the virus is going to disappear, it is going to stick around now like the flu.

When isolation is over, it won't spread like it has, right?

I'm not convinced.

We can look at other countries who are further through the cycle than us to see....

Just now, Deathray said:

We can look at other countries who are further through the cycle than us to see....

Exactly!!

This is what our Government is doing.

Did that one go over so many heads?

It will undoubtedly get worse before it gets better.  But I think the percentage of deaths is probably much lower than it seems as there must be many people who are either asymptomatic or only mildly affected, and are therefore not included in the stats.

I'm not sure how they can arrive at a figure here anyway, now they are telling people just to stay home if they have any symptoms and not to ring 111. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

It will undoubtedly get worse before it gets better.  But I think the percentage of deaths is probably much lower than it seems as there must be many people who are either asymptomatic or only mildly affected, and are therefore not included in the stats.

I'm not sure how they can arrive at a figure here anyway, now they are telling people just to stay home if they have any symptoms and not to ring 111. 

The official figure is bollocks. The number of people utilising the online tool should monitored. I bet it's in the hundreds of thousands. 

11 minutes ago, Deathray said:

The number of people utilising the online tool should monitored. I bet it's in the hundreds of thousands. 

How do you mean?  Which tool?

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

From the Governments own statistical data: 'The provisional number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 28 February 2020 (week 9) was 10,816; this represents a decrease of 25 deaths registered in comparison with the previous week (week 8). The average number of deaths for the corresponding week over the previous five years was 11,183'.

The sheer degree of panic and fuckwittery that is going on is fucking moronic.

The thing is that it isn't going to stay at 10 confirmed coronavirus deaths per day. We're about 2 weeks off the current Italian situation of 250 per day (1750 extra per week). Plus whatever the unconfirmed total is, plus whatever deaths occur from lack of the usual resources to treat every single other health condition.

Wouldn't be surprised if total uk weekly mortality was around 14 or 15k rather than 11k by the end of the month, overall.

Just got word from my friend that her aunt and uncle are currently trapped in Spain because the country is in lockdown.

• Haha 1

Nembro is a 11.000 people borough near Bergamo. In 2019 there were 120 deaths in total.

In the last 12 days there have been 70 deaths. Judge for yourself...

• Sad 2

38 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Just got word from my friend that her aunt and uncle are currently trapped in Spain because the country is in lockdown.

What happens to them will they remain in isolation in Spain for two weeks or the UK send a flight over to collect and isolate them?

152,000 cases 5774 dead . Only topped 5000 yesterday probably surpass 6000 today or tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

What happens to them will they remain in isolation in Spain for two weeks or the UK send a flight over to collect and isolate them?

I have no idea, they were due to come back around 17th but i've just advised my friend for them to contact the embassy, who they booked flights with etc etc.

Get the feeling the ultimate human cost of this could be in the millions. 

• Thanks 1

I really don't think it will be that bad. I think maybe 10,000 tops and then life will start to get back to normal 

A fried of mine has just died from it. 54, obese, drinker. Nothing else. There are millions like him in our country. Millions.

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, drol said:

A fried of mine has just died from it. 54, obese, drinker. Nothing else. There are millions like him in our country. Millions.

When was he diagnosed?

1 hour ago, Steve said:

I really don't think it will be that bad. I think maybe 10,000 tops and then life will start to get back to normal 

Am I being optimistic with this figure or does anyone agree with me?