paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Those extra jobs aren't really options for people in at risk categories tbf. Most of whom need the support more than anyone else; and a lot of whom will be self-employed due to the control it gives them over their own lives around medical issues. 

Loads of new staff at the local Tescos today.

Still fuck all on the shelves, mind....

• Haha 1

Just been given orders by head of Cardiology. Our outpatient site is closed to ALL patients, book urgent patients to the main hospital and only myself and one other lady is allowed in the department to avoid cross contamination so we can sort through the urgent appointments.

I chose the wrong week to have two days annual leave that I must take.

Slightly stressed.

• Sad 2

This will be looked back in year's to come as the time Britain became a police state in week. 

Let's just hope it's fucking worth it. 

So we can shop for food and medicine, we can walk the dog and we can go to and from work. That’s what we have left. The last two will be next to strike off the list, by the end of the week I reckon. 

4 minutes ago, Deathray said:

This will be looked back in year's to come as the time Britain became a police state in week. 

Let's just hope it's fucking worth it. 

Nah, most of the powers they have been given are, pretty much, already law.

Police have had a crowd disposal order right to enforce for a long time now.

The stopping of people visiting others etc is the newbie but that won't impact future society to any degree, apart from national emergencies.

5 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Nah, most of the powers they have been given are, pretty much, already law.

Police have had a crowd disposal order right to enforce for a long time now.

The stopping of people visiting others etc is the newbie but that won't impact future society to any degree, apart from national emergencies.

You've never had to justify to a copper why your leaving your home before. 

As I said it might be the right call, but political scientists, medical experts, historians and behaviourologists will be pouring over this for decades in order to decide that. We can't tell now. 

And there's still no clear route out of this and back to relatively normal life. 

2 minutes ago, Deathray said:

As I said it might be the right call, but political scientists, medical experts, historians and behaviourologists will be pouring over this for decades in order to decide that. We can't tell now. 

And there's still no clear route out of this and back to relatively normal life. 

Yes, and we have never had to deal with a virus like this before either.

These are extraordinary times, extraordinary things are happening.

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yes, and we have never had to deal with a virus like this before either.

These are extraordinary times, extraordinary things are happening.

In 1918 they did. You didn't have to tell coppers why you were going out. Same during the plague. 

17 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I think if they are right that they can develop a test that tells us if someone has previously had the virus and now has medium to long term immunity to it then that will offer us a route back to normality. At least partially. 

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think if they are right that they can develop a test that tells us if someone has previously had the virus and now has medium to long term immunity to it then that will offer us a route back to normality. At least partially. 

That could take months to years. Meanwhile our lives are on pause mode, but the bills still need paying and we're still getting older. 

At some point a balance will need to be struck between the lives measures save and the lives these measures ruin. 

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

They have that test. The only trouble is that its accuracy is in doubt https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-coronavirus-blood-test-antibodies

4 minutes ago, Deathray said:

In 1918 they did. You didn't have to tell coppers why you were going out. Same during the plague. 

……..and they didn't shout 'Police State! when those laws were enacted way back then.

Only now, so it seems.

Society really has changed, and no, we are not much smarter than they were.

Well I think this might be the thing that actually properly makes me lose my marbles. Full on bawling under a duvet for an hour.  Regular viewers will know I’ve been halfway to Broadmoor for some years but I think I really must pack my suitcase now. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

……..and they didn't shout 'Police State! when those laws were enacted way back then.

Only now, so it seems.

Society really has changed, and no, we are not much smarter than they were.

They didn' t shout police state because there was no plague laws in 1918 to force you to tell a copper why you've left the fucking house. 

They trusted people to not want to die....

How many people will commit suicide in the next 2-3 months. Can you honestly say it will be less than the lives saved by these restrictions? No, you can't. 

I was the resident conspiracy nut on this website but alot of things I've said have turned out to be true.  

1) Get rid of cash

2) vaccine for everyone ,with quantum dot tattoo to say you've had it . See bill gates AMA recently and ID2020

3) tracker in the vaccine

4) debit cards phased out as banks need to cut back and for sanitary reasons / credit chip under the skin to pay for things using existing contactless payment technology

5) 5g tracking of everyone either via the vaccine tracker or credit chip tracker . Get your kids chipped too incase they get snatched / kids won't be able to attend school or receive benefit money onto your chip without your kids vaccinated.

They won't force you to take the coronavirus vaccine . However you won't be allowed to do alot of things. First thing is flying , guarantee you'll need to prove you've had vaccine before being allowed on planes in the near future.

This guy was friends with Rockefeller Aaron Russo his name was.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implant_(human)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it will be like the Yellow Fever vaccine in some parts of Africa, you will not get a visa until you have a stamp in your vaccination book that you have had it (would have to be adapted to include those who have had the illness and are then immune, if indeed they are).

The problem is that the above may not even be technically possible for another 18 months. There's no guarantee there will ever be a vaccine.

As someone living long term on the other side of the world, I'm currently unclear as to whether I will be ever able to go back to my home country, or at least for years. Weird times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Well I think this might be the thing that actually properly makes me lose my marbles. Full on bawling under a duvet for an hour.  Regular viewers will know I’ve been halfway to Broadmoor for some years but I think I really must pack my suitcase now. 

Sorry to hear that. You're not alone - I think it's going to be a struggle for a lot of people with mental health issues. 

Are there any positives you can identify from the current situation, however? Any hobbies or activities you'd like to explore that can be done alone / with online help?

On 23/03/2020 at 07:50, theoldlady said:

Good Morning! Today is Monday, March 23rd.

There are now 14,703 deaths worldwide, not counting the deaths China is hiding.

The numbers at the end of the day yesterday in Norway are: 2385 cases, still only 7 deaths :rip:.

NB! The news here is reporting a somewhat lower amount of cases (2132 cases) than the Worldometer website? Strange.

24,000 people have registered Online here, within only a few hours,  that they are showing symptoms of the disease. The news said that they will not get any help until their symptoms get `serious`. :o
13th day of working from home for me.

We now have 9 deaths. :rip: And (this morning 153 ) now 162 New cases today.

Now 10 deaths! :rip: Please remember that the population of Norway is the same as one large city in Germany - like Hamburg. Scary. 

Good morning! Today is Tuesday, March 24th.

There are now 16,558 deaths worldwide, not counting the deaths China is hiding. Who do they think they are kidding?

The numbers for Norway stand at 2,625 cases, 41 critical, only 6 people have recovered, and no new deaths yet. We have a total of 10 deaths. :rip:

This is my 14th Day working from home. 
edit:
Two new deaths today so far.  New total 12.  :rip:

Edited by theoldlady
To show updates
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

Sorry to hear that. You're not alone - I think it's going to be a struggle for a lot of people with mental health issues. 

Are there any positives you can identify from the current situation, however? Any hobbies or activities you'd like to explore that can be done alone / with online help?

You are kind.

I’m still working, from home, so I have to concentrate on that I think.  And I’m studying with the OU too so I’ll need to keep on top of that.  I’m more worried by the financial situation, the effect that will have on him and then selfishly I suppose the way he will deal with his own stresses will have a big effect on me.  Gardens full of roses are usually fed with a thick layer of shit just below the surface.   I feel physically sick at the thought of being stuck here all the time. My guts are in knots, I can’t keep food down.  Stupid really I  know.  I just need to get a grip. It will pass.  I’ll be fine tomorrow I’m sure. Keep well :)

How do I tell my dog that he is only allowed to go out once a day?

5 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

How do I tell my dog that he is only allowed to go out once a day?

Don't you have one of these yet!!   Dog sound translator that helps you identify your dog's feelings with the touch of a button. Get closer to your dog with Dog Translator, application.
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/dog-translator/id1209845479

My firm have shut our factory down this morning. Looks like we’ll all have the best part of a month off. Almost half of our guys are self-employed though, and the other half rely on overtime for comfort money and are now down 20% on their wage packet. I know it’d be irresponsible to keep open but it’s tough all the same. A lot of us (me included) are riding on a mortgage holiday being approved, that’s for sure.

This - sort of - seems relevant, might also mention that Lehrer's 92nd birthday is due on 9 April

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

This - sort of - seems relevant, might also mention that Lehrer's 92nd birthday is due on 9 April

Great minds think alike, posted that in the playlist thread.