paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For all those who are convinced it'll be over in a few days (or anyone who likes a bit of M&W)

This just in from charon:

Prince Charles is isolating at Balmoral with Covid 19.

Prince Andrew is at Windsor with Jennifer, 14.

:lol:

• Haha 1

The official figure for the UK is still 13 deaths today (and 187 new cases) well past the time that we usually get the final totals for the day. This can't be right, surely? 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The official figure for the UK is still 13 deaths today (and 187 new cases) well past the time that we usually get the final totals for the day. This can't be right, surely? 

English deaths and cases haven't been given today for some reason. 

14 minutes ago, Deathray said:

English deaths and cases haven't been given today for some reason. 

awaiting clearance to include a very well-known but as yet unannounced one?

maybe someone whose son was announced to have got it today...

3 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

awaiting clearance to include a very well-known but as yet unannounced one?

maybe someone whose son was announced to have got it today...

I doubt it. You'd still release the stay and then that info later? 

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

I doubt it. You'd still release the stay and then that info later? 

...Unless, perhaps, all the Royals are dead and Meghan is Queen now? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

57 deaths across the UK added to total. 

Not sure that justifies locking down a country when 460 people a day die of heart problems. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Not sure that justifies locking down a country when 460 people a day die of heart problems. 

As hard as it is to accept it, accept it.

It is not forever, I mean, I was of the same thought as you regarding percentage of deaths across the population but, now, it's different.

It really is different, if the next one that comes along spreads faster, easier and kills everybody who gets it, we are all fucked.

We are just all learning the ropes on how to cope with the next pandemic, the fatal pandemic.

That will happen someday, these viruses are coming at us thick and fast now, it's only a matter of time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I totally agree it does not justify it at all

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deathray said:

It's not the daily death toll we have now that , but the daily death toll we could have expected if this continued to accelerate unabated. 10 days ago we were seeing just 10 deaths per day; since when the toll has multipled 7 fold. If we allowed it to multiply 7 fold again over the next 10 days, and 7 fold again over the 10 days after that, we'd be seeing something like 5000 deaths per day 20 days from now. Plus the mortality from other causes like heart disease would be going up as well, due to the NHS being overwhelmed, many staff off sick and a few dead etc. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steve said:

I totally agree it does not justify it at all

When will you covidiots get it into your very, very dense skulls that it is not the fucking number of deaths now or later that matters?

It is a question of overwhelming the NHS, the number of beds and ventilators. That is the point of flattening the curve. The NHS is set up to deal with the routine number of cases, such as car crashes and accidents and elective surgery, etc. If the wave is too large, the system collapses. The Chinese dumped 42,000 health care workers on Wuhan. Where is the UK going to find the workers and medical supplies?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, QuebecCityOliver said:

When will you covidiots get it into your very, very dense skulls that it is not the fucking number of deaths now or later that matters?

It is a question of overwhelming the NHS, the number of beds and ventilators. That is the point of flattening the curve. The NHS is set up to deal with the routine number of cases, such as car crashes and accidents and elective surgery, etc. If the wave is too large, the system collapses. The Chinese dumped 42,000 health care workers on Wuhan. Where is the UK going to find the workers and medical supplies?

Maybe we could get the chinese to help. There epidemic is over and they've a billion people. A few hundred thousand of chinese workforces must be nurses and doctors?

Or does our national pride preclude such common sense?

• Haha 2

Is it too early to say that the UK is pulling together well and we might not get anywhere near the peak level of brutality from this disease?

18,500 Junior Doctors moved to the front line ,4,500 Doctors and nurses come out of retirement in 48 hours,  

Dyson making 10k plus ventilators,

Mass15 minute home testing kits to be rolled out IN DAYS and

405,000 members of the public VOLUNTEERING to help the NHS!

23 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Good Morning! Today is Wednesday, March 25th.

There are soon 19,000 deaths worldwide, not counting the deaths China is hiding (cases estimated were 200-300,000 in Wuhan). In Norway the day starts with 2866 cases, 12 dead, 44 critical. :rip:

This is my 15th day working from home. Our Prime Minster has extended the lock-down through Monday April 13th (a holiday here as well). 
Edit:

Two new deaths today for a new total: 14 :rip: There are soon 20,000 deaths worldwide.

Good Moring! Today is Thursday, March 26th. Norway has 3,100 known cases as of last night. 14 have died.

There are over 21,000 deaths worldwide, not including the estimated 24,589 unregistered Chinese deaths

My 16th Day working from home. Keep safe and brave! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

Good Moring! Today is Thursday, March 26th. Norway has 3,100 known cases as of last night. 14 have died.

There are over 21,000 deaths worldwide, not including the estimated 24,589 unregistered Chinese deaths

Nobody gives a fuck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Nobody gives a fuck.

...about you LFN. :puke:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

...about you LFN. :puke:

Oh, I know.:lol:

3 hours ago, theoldlady said:

You don't need to keep stating the date.  Our posts are dated automatically.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

You don't need to keep stating the date.  Our posts are dated automatically.

Tbf @theoldlady doesn't need to post any of her ritual daily shite.

There's 24 houir news for those of us who want to know how many people are deaded off this. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Ok, so show me where the existing supply chain has been ignored.:rolleyes:

As I understand it, we do not have enough ventilators and we cannot manufacture them fast enough, hence, we need other businesses to come in and make them too.

This is just another left wing cunt bucket that wants to politicise the crisis.

Let me make this clear. I DO NOT GIVE A SINGLE FUCK WHO IS MAKING THEM SO LONG AS SOMEBODY MAKES THEM.

I suspect the vast majority of this country will echo that as they have more fucking sense than the tiny minority who are only interested in the 'us against cronyism/capitalism shit.

This is a World crisis, give it a fucking rest, eh!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deathray said:

Tbf @theoldlady doesn't need to post any of her ritual daily shite.

There's 24 houir news for those of us who want to know how many people are deaded off this. 

Sorry, this just compounds what some of us know.

There are some Grade A fucking idiots on here, piss boilers, the lot of them.

It just took a crisis to bring them out of the woodwork.

Jesus Christ, we are going to run out of things to occupy ourselves with and this place, the last sanctuary to the madness out there, is being festooned with utter shite.

Makes ya mad!:angry:

The death toll in Italy is much higher than that as few people were tested before/after their deaths. Studying the total deaths it emerged it should be at least 13-14.000.  Before you call me a bullshitter:

1)In Bergamo last year from 1 to 24 March there were 98 deaths

2)This year it's 446 deaths

3)Only 136 of these 446 have been classified as COVID deaths by the government.

Death toll much much higher.... 

SOURCE

• Like 1
  • Sad 1