paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Nobody gives a fuck.

Actually, I think many of us do.  Although yes, there is news to tell us this, I think there is great value in sharing this info on the site, both for the readers to know there are others of 'us' experiencing the same uncertainty and anxiety, and for the writers to be able to express themselves. We're not all here because we want everyone to die.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

So the UK figures were low yesterday due to admin reasons as they've changed the time frames.

20 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Actually, I think many of us do.  Although yes, there is news to tell us this, I think there is great value in sharing this info on the site, both for the readers to know there are others of 'us' experiencing the same uncertainty and anxiety, and for the writers to be able to express themselves. We're not all here because we want everyone to die.

So you don't read newspapers or watch the TV then? This fucking thing is EVERYWHERE and we are getting coverage 24/7. We don't need a constant roll call on how many are dead in Norway, we get it, it is shit everywhere ffs.

The 'writer' is on some sort of ego trip, posting daily updates gives her, in her own mind, some sort of status and words a degree of gravitas on here.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

It's boring, its pointless and it is not important compared to other nations in deeper shit.

Bit like Norway itself, actually.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I’d like to refer back to Toast’s post that the constant live stream of news about Corona is having awful effects on people’s mental health and general attitudes. It’s manifesting everywhere, including here.

Maybe we do need fewer updates about how horrendous this pandemic is. The most important thing, though, is that we know how to switch off from all this stuff; it’s only making people anxious, bad-tempered, miserable and exhausted.

Sure, if people want such information about the doom and gloom, it’s there for them. And that’s fine. The most important thing, though, is that we have other things to talk about, other forms of entertainment to take our minds off the virus as much as possible and calm us down a bit. That’s the best way we can support each other.

Dreadful though things may be now, there is an end to it in the not too distant future, and that’s what we’ve got to focus on, because the alternative is dwelling on the bad news and aggravating ourselves more. Now let’s shut the fuck up and find something funny to talk about instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those who were worried and had not been able to get to a radio recently, I am happy to inform you all that the village of Ambridge is still coronavirus free. I hope this puts some peoples worries at rest. 

• Like 2

It is horrendous and you know I'm living in a rabbithole of nightmares, but it could have been even worse. And I guess it will come sooner or later it will come. I just pray it does not happen during my lifetime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

For those who were worried and had not been able to get to a radio recently, I am happy to inform you all that the village of Ambridge is still coronavirus free. I hope this puts some peoples worries at rest. 

Don't you mean:

Good Evening! Today is Thursday 26th March.

There are 0 deaths village-wide, not counting the deaths China is hiding. In Ambridge the day closes with 0 cases, 0 dead, 0 critical. :rip:

This is my nth day working from home. Our Prime Minster is a prick and has extended the gap between himself and the chancellor in terms of competency.

EDIT: 0 new cases for a total of 0.

• Haha 4

Well that package to help self-employed people is going to help our family to the tune of fuck all. Hurrah.

Just now, Lard Bazaar said:

Well that package to help self-employed people is going to help our family to the tune of fuck all. Hurrah.

I will get fuck all too.

Does anyone find a delicious irony to China closing its borders to foreign nationals... after the Chinese Gvt earlier protested when some other countries closed their borders to flights from China? (Not that it made that much difference, as Italy was among the first countries to do so).

26 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I will get fuck all too.

I might go on the game, there must be loads of men that would pay to pork a fat bird.  This time next year Rodney!

• Haha 4

Here have some clapping to brighten your spirits:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I will get fuck all too.

Aye, same!

Btw, "one lump sum in June" for those who are entitled to this. Bet that'll really help their bills and rent and what not.

1 minute ago, msc said:

Aye, same!

Btw, "one lump sum in June" for those who are entitled to this. Bet that'll really help their bills and rent and what not.

I'm taking a break on my mortgage, it will help.

If I rented, I'd take a break on that to, whether they fucking liked it or not.

You do what ya gotta do now, fuck em.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I might go on the game, there must be loads of men that would pay to pork a fat bird.  This time next year Rodney!

Maybe you could go into the nanny fetish, where blokes like to be dressed as babies and have their nappies changed and all that.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I didn't realise the RNIB were hiring prostitutes to go  with their dogs? 

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’d like to refer back to Toast’s post that the constant live stream of news about Corona is having awful effects on people’s mental health and general attitudes. It’s manifesting everywhere, including here.

Maybe we do need fewer updates about how horrendous this pandemic is. The most important thing, though, is that we know how to switch off from all this stuff; it’s only making people anxious, bad-tempered, miserable and exhausted.

Sure, if people want such information about the doom and gloom, it’s there for them. And that’s fine. The most important thing, though, is that we have other things to talk about, other forms of entertainment to take our minds off the virus as much as possible and calm us down a bit. That’s the best way we can support each other.

Dreadful though things may be now, there is an end to it in the not too distant future, and that’s what we’ve got to focus on, because the alternative is dwelling on the bad news and aggravating ourselves more. Now let’s shut the fuck up and find something funny to talk about instead.

I have been working from home now for three weeks, I have remote access to my PC and it works quite well, I miss the craic in the office, the bad coffee, the massive jar of swizzles on reception the netflix chats and the trips to M&S at lunchtime for my four times a week curry. We do have a daily conference call update. We have also started to talk to the neighbours a bit more who have been helping with our self isolating, this weekend I am going to set up my turbo trainer to get some exercise. I am though starting to climb up the wall, It does not help that my wife is a junior school teacher.

I'm pleased that the self employed are being taken care of to some extent, those who have under declared income in the past can not expect to claim that they have had a non taxable money tree in the back garden for a number of years. Being self employed you take a risk and should have a level of short term funding, the aid appears to be fair the comments re the future taxes also seem fair from an equitable point of view. I don't expect to get a deal of thanks for this post but the government seem to be doing a reasonable job in a hard situation. Only the long term results will show in retrospect how well they did, as one commentator said the worst thing that someone can do is nothing. With no history the plan is hard, opposition might criticise but they could not even put forward a plan, leader or credible manifesto. Boris may not be the best, but he makes Trump look like a buffoon and his deputies are impressive under pressure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The most important thing, though, is that we have other things to talk about, other forms of entertainment to take our minds off the virus as much as possible and calm us down a bit. That’s the best way we can support each other.

Outbreak is on ITV2 right now...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ok, so show me where the existing supply chain has been ignored.:rolleyes:

As I understand it, we do not have enough ventilators and we cannot manufacture them fast enough, hence, we need other businesses to come in and make them too.

This is just another left wing cunt bucket that wants to politicise the crisis.

Let me make this clear. I DO NOT GIVE A SINGLE FUCK WHO IS MAKING THEM SO LONG AS SOMEBODY MAKES THEM.

I suspect the vast majority of this country will echo that as they have more fucking sense than the tiny minority who are only interested in the 'us against cronyism/capitalism shit.

This is a World crisis, give it a fucking rest, eh!

Here's one of the places the existing supply chain has been ignored: https://thenantwichnews.co.uk/2020/03/24/nantwich-firm-blasts-government-over-delay-after-offering-5000-ventilators

Here's another: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/no-10-boris-johnson-accused-of-putting-brexit-over-breathing-in-covid-19-ventilator-row

However, I would tend to put these failures down to incompetence rather than corruption.

1 hour ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

but he makes Trump look like a buffoon

10hvUFWkQEmoCs.gif

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Outbreak is on ITV2 right now...

Pah!!!!! That'll never happen. Mark my words. 

7 hours ago, drol said:

The death toll in Italy is much higher than that as few people were tested before/after their deaths. Studying the total deaths it emerged it should be at least 13-14.000.  Before you call me a bullshitter:

1)In Bergamo last year from 1 to 24 March there were 98 deaths

2)This year it's 446 deaths

3)Only 136 of these 446 have been classified as COVID deaths by the government.

Death toll much much higher.... 

SOURCE

Scary stuff as I imagine people in lot's of countries are dying from this but having it counted as something else due to a combo of age and previous medical conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

May I suggest that those of you who get stressed out about my posts in this thread, just stop reading them. Also I point out that the title of this thread is: Coronavirus Death Toll 2020 - where people can post the death toll in their areas, along with their own thoughts and reactions to what is happening. I understand that this situation is now hitting home for some of you. It is a scary situation. There are lots of other interesting threads to read on this site that might take your minds off these events. Because of the nature of this website though, death is a common theme, but usually not ones own. Keep safe!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Today is going to be the start of better days ahead, I can just feel it! 

Boris has tested positive, he has it.