paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

You made an account to bleat on about environmental matters in the midst of a global pandemic that is slashing emissions?

TBF, it is also slashing jobs and causing an economic catastrophe.

Amen.

17 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

TBF, it is also slashing jobs and causing an economic catastrophe.

Amen.

I know. Emissions is the least of our bloody concerns if we can't eat. 

• Like 1

So Brazil joined the USA in that elusive club of +1000 daily deaths.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

So Brazil joined the USA in that elusive club of +1000 daily deaths.

The population of Brazil is around 212 million.

The USA has a population of, around, 331 million.

A thousand deaths per day does not sound too shabby given those stats.

I am not trying to negate what is going on, my views have changed from the start of all of this but we all need to recognise that the death rate, although high, has to be put into perspective.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The population of Brazil is around 212 million.

The USA has a population of, around, 331 million.

A thousand deaths per day does not sound too shabby given those stats.

I am not trying to negate what is going on, my views have changed from the start of all of this but we all need to recognise that the death rate, although high, has to be put into perspective.

True. In terms of intensity, Italy, Spain, the UK and France (and Belgium) were doing worse. And the other population rich countries, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria they don't diagnose as well.

• Like 1

Brazil's figures are more unreliable than the USA through - with more deaths at home for example.

India, Bangladesh and Pakistan's infected numbers have been rising slowly every day, I wonder if it is a trend or just due to high testing levels.

They don't seem to be getting the same levels of death as there was in Europe and USA, warmer weather perhaps?

Changing the subject, Dominic Cummings was not a threat to the UK population through Coronovirus transmission unless he was to wipe out his own family and the Sage team (and even then probably not that big a threat). The media need to get a grip and focus on what is important, grammar, numeracy , intelligent analysis, and a proper review of the facts.

3 minutes ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Changing the subject, Dominic Cummings was not a threat to the UK population through Coronovirus transmission unless he was to wipe out his own family and the Sage team (and even then probably not that big a threat). The media need to get a grip and focus on what is important, grammar, numeracy , intelligent analysis, and a proper review of the facts.

Your taking the piss aren't you.

The media are widely ignoring this story if you compare coverage of this to lockdown professor. Cummings is as bad, having broke his own governments lockdown advise and should resign.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

India, Bangladesh and Pakistan's infected numbers have been rising slowly every day, I wonder if it is a trend or just due to high testing levels.

They don't seem to be getting the same levels of death as there was in Europe and USA, warmer weather perhaps?

I have seen reports of that the figures are unreliable (through incompetence not cover-up) in all three of those countries.

14 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

So, in effect, he did a 400 plus mile round trip without stopping anywhere on the way and, potentially, spreading the virus to petrol station workers and the like?

That would be bull shit.

What he did was wrong, he had other members of his family who could have stepped in. Even if it was not 'illegal' it was immoral.

Cummings is a cunt of the first order and a Svengali. Boris appears to be completely under his control to the point that it appears to be Cummings running the country and not him.

We really need him gone and Boris to follow, the country cannot afford to have them in full charge.

Cummings needs to be goings.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

So, in effect, he did a 400 plus mile round trip without stopping anywhere on the way and, potentially, spreading the virus to petrol station workers and the like?

That would be bull shit.

What he did was wrong, he had other members of his family who could have stepped in. Even if it was not 'illegal' it was immoral.

Cummings is a cunt of the first order and a Svengali. Boris appears to be completely under his control to the point that it appears to be Cummings running the country and not him.

We really need him gone and Boris to follow, the country cannot afford to have them in full charge.

Have I got it right - he drove a person infected with Covid-19 (namely his wife) 260 miles across the country?  Not just himself?

Come on.  That's outrageous.  It cannot be defended.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That would be bull shit.

I don't believe it but I think for the first time ever I agree with everything you have said re: Cumming and Bojo

24 minutes ago, Toast said:

Have I got it right - he drove a person infected with Covid-19 (namely his wife) 260 miles across the country?  Not just himself?

Come on.  That's outrageous.  It cannot be defended.

Either he or his wife had it, not sure which. Drove the wife and kid from London to Durham to stay with his parents, coincidentally round the time of his mums birthday. Defence is he needed help with child care but ignores the fact the kid had an aunt living in London for that.

Meanwhile there are thousands of people in the UK who couldn't even say goodbye to parents or kids who died thanks to the rules this guy helped set up.

He's a cunt and Boris and Raab and the rest of them are cunts for defending him.

• Like 5

Trouble is, he's in the sort of position where they can just pretend he's resigned/been sacked.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Trouble is, he's in the sort of position where they can just pretend he's resigned/been sacked.

Through security clearances would not be given if he publicly goes.

3 hours ago, msc said:

Either he or his wife had it, not sure which. Drove the wife and kid from London to Durham to stay with his parents, coincidentally round the time of his mums birthday. Defence is he needed help with child care but ignores the fact the kid had an aunt living in London for that.

Meanwhile there are thousands of people in the UK who couldn't even say goodbye to parents or kids who died thanks to the rules this guy helped set up.

He's a cunt and Boris and Raab and the rest of them are cunts for defending him.

They both had it through she claims she got symptoms the day before.

A van with a big screen has parked outside Dom Cum Cum’s house and is playing clips of government “Stay At Home” messages and public reactions.

• Like 1

Cummings reportedly been seen at Downing Street earlier? Planning his defence or planning his resignation? 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

People are saying this is the moment where Big Job will either sack Cumcums or not. I'd be amazed if he did.

This tweet from Armando Iannucci says it best:

33 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

People are saying this is the moment where Big Job will either sack Cumcums or not. I'd be amazed if he did.

This tweet from Armando Iannucci says it best:

Technically, every moment is the moment where he'll sack him or not.

Just sayin'

5 minutes ago, time said:

Technically, every moment is the moment where he'll sack him or not.

Just sayin'

Exactly. Kind of sums up the inanity of all this speculative being bandied about in the media.