paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Color me absolutely stunned by the finding. You mean people staying home reduces the COVID spread? No way 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

People going back to the cinema should help boost the numbers.

You can sit as far apart as you like and even wear facemasks but breathing the same air as others for over 2 hours is going to increase your chances no matter what.

My 21 year old cousin got Covid from his friend few weeks ago. Within less than a month he lost about a stone in weight due to loss of taste and smell made him not really want to eat. He is over it though thankfully.

Because he lives with his family they have to double time in self isolation because they have to wait until he has recovered so anything he may have passed on doesn't go from them to other people.

• Sad 3

I have noticed that the number of infections started to rise just about the same time as face masks were made compulsory in certain places, could there be a connection?

Well YES, simply because people don't know how to wear masks and also because they wear the same one time and again.

Not that I want to see even more discarded masks lying about the street but what I am saying is do it right or don't do it at all.

3 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

I have noticed that the number of infections started to rise just about the same time as face masks were made compulsory in certain places, could there be a connection?

Well YES, simply because people don't know how to wear masks and also because they wear the same one time and again.

Not that I want to see even more discarded masks lying about the street but what I am saying is do it right or don't do it at all.

I don't think so, because the small amount of protection offered either way by a mishandled mask must be better than none.

But I take your point.

I can't tolerate wearing a mask the whole time I'm out, so I only wear one when I'm inside a shop.  I suppose I should be sealing that mask into a bag and breaking out a new one for the next shop.  But I don't, because on a typical day in town I would be going through a lot of masks.  As long as it stops me breathing potentially virus-laden exhalations over people, it must be better than nothing.

I work in a hospital and despite there being special bins in places you put your used face masks, they are still on the ground within the hospital or even in coridoors - two this week i've had to pick up and dispose of inside the building.

I had a woman this week in for a test wearing a mask come in and ask if she had to wear a mask while waiting, and even while waiting for her test she didn't have it on properly until I asked her to wear it. Yes nobody is here but people walk in frequently and staff like myself are near you.

Tomorrow I go back to volunteering since March at a place that offers free counselling to young people (as a reception/admin). I had an hour and half induction on Wednesday to discuss the new layout (moved into a new building), how there is now a 1 way system for everyone, no client can come early and wait (have to arrive on time) and I will need to temperature check everyone coming in. No pressure much.

• Like 1

Broadly speaking, face masks have eroded whatever common sense people had regarding this virus.

Wear a mask? Great, the 2m rule can go out of the fucking window because face masks protect, right?

It's a bit like some twat believing that they will never have an accident because their car has anti lock brakes and collision avoidance technology.

No fucks given, basically.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Broadly speaking, face masks have eroded whatever common sense people had regarding this virus.

Wear a mask? Great, the 2m rule can go out of the fucking window because face masks protect, right?

It's a bit like some twat believing that they will never have an accident because their car has anti lock brakes and collision avoidance technology.

Totally agree on the face masks. Wearing one while doing the shopping today and two people walked right up to me and wanted to shake my hand and say hello. 2m rule my arse. I did tell them both to feck off but do others.

3 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Totally agree on the face masks. Wearing one while doing the shopping today and two people walked right up to me and wanted to shake my hand and say hello. 2m rule my arse. I did tell them both to feck off but do others.

I have no issue shaking someone's hand so long as it is on the end of a ten foot fucking arm.

42 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yep. No consideration that both parts might be necessary. Morons.

I'll tell you what else makes me laugh is how many dickheads you see wearing the face mask over just their mouth, leaving their nose completely out. How fucking useless is that? That's a bit like putting a condom over just your bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, The Quim Reaper said:

Yep. No consideration that both parts might be necessary. Morons.

I'll tell you what else makes me laugh is how many dickheads you see wearing the face mask over just their mouth, leaving their nose completely out. How fucking useless is that? That's a bit like putting a condom over just your bollocks.

I do recall, and I am sure they existed, condoms that covered cock AND balls.

I am not sure why, it makes no sense.:lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Bloody hell, you're right :o You can buy the fuckers on Amazon!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That was the Femidom from the 90s. 

27 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

That made me think of Dick and Dom. 

Word association .....

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

...and how did they feel on you?

13 hours ago, Toast said:

That made me think of Dick and Dom. 

Word association .....

"Do you remember Dick and Dom? I wonder what they're up to now, I'll just google them."

"No Mum, I beg you not to do that." 

• Haha 2

On a more sober note, 300 dead in France in the last four days. Second lockdown on the cards? 

200,000 officially dead in the US, but it might not even be the central focus at this point. 

The death rate in the US is starting to drop, but I'd expect it to hit 300,000 before this is over - regardless of the Big Orange's words about the vaccine. 

He wanted one ready by the end of May, you may recall. 

UK had 6,178 new cases today, the most since the record of 6,201 on 1st May. Deaths are highest since July too, and remember they count deaths differently now.

Fucked, I tell you. Fucked.

16 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

UK had 6,178 new cases today, the most since the record of 6,201 on 1st May. Deaths are highest since July too, and remember they count deaths differently now.

Well 1% of us are fucked. 10% to 20% will feel a bit ill for a bit (some worse than others) and the remainder will be fine (particularly purveyors of your finest masks and hand sanitiser). 

19 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

You obviously didn’t read about my new vision I had the other night. Think I posted in 2nd wave thread.  All this is going to pass very very quickly so none of us need to worry 

14 minutes ago, Steve said:

You obviously didn’t read about my new vision I had the other night. Think I posted in 2nd wave thread.  All this is going to pass very very quickly so none of us need to worry 

“Fuck off, Steve” is in danger of becoming the site motto.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Well 1% of us are fucked. 10% to 20% will feel a bit ill for a bit (some worse than others) and the remainder will be fine (particularly purveyors of your finest masks and hand sanitiser). 

The country in a general sense is fucked. But we’ve known that for a fact since December 2019, I suppose.

10 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

“Fuck off, Steve” is in danger of becoming the site motto.

I do wish you and others would pay attention to my visions. They are good positive visions too.