paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Sore throat for 3-4 days then moves into sinuses.  Don’t be drama queen, you’ve no more the virus than your dug.

BTW. not ONE dug has the virus.  All dogs lick their arses.  Clearly then, to avoid the virus get down there and lick your dog’s arse.

Dr Creep

The World Health Organisation has announced that dogs cannot contract Covid-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released.  To be clear, WHO let the dogs out. 

Patient Bearer

BTW not being a drama queen.  Just sayin my symptoms.   It's only a cold I have. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Speaking of which, what the hell are the bookies gonna do?

National League (formerly the Conference) is mostly going ahead this weekend, as are National League North and South.

Just now, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

National League (formerly the Conference) is mostly going ahead this weekend, as are National League North and South.

Every game in Scotland postponed from the premier league right down to the juniors. 

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That is hysterical bollocks.

Healthcare 'as we know it' will not collapse into a fucking heap, stretched to the limit, yes, collapse, no.

Italy doesn't have enough ITU beds/respirators, hence more people are dying. We have enough.

Italy has nearly twice as many ITU beds per capita than the UK... https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2020/03/12/the-countries-with-the-most-critical-care-beds-per-capita-infographic/#2e7f043d7f86

As for being "tactile"... this virus lives very well on surfaces. How often do you think that the handrails on public transport get cleaned?

1 minute ago, paddyfool said:

Italy has nearly twice as many ITU beds per capita than the UK... https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2020/03/12/the-countries-with-the-most-critical-care-beds-per-capita-infographic/#2e7f043d7f86

As for being "tactile"... this virus lives very well on surfaces. How often do you think that the handrails on public transport get cleaned?

Maybe more so than the Italian hand rails, which is the whole point.

Corona deaths in Germany by age, region and gender:

-89 (1), from North Rhine-Westphalia (female)

-85 (1), from Baden-Württemberg  (male)

-83 (1), from Bavaria (male)

-80 (1), from Baden-Württemberg  (male)

-78 (2), both from North Rhine-Westphalia (one male, one female)

-67 (1), from Baden-Württemberg (male)

• Like 1

Maximum coronavirus annoyance points .....

Friends of mine flew to Malta this morning for a week's holiday. 

Or so they thought.

While they were airborne it was announced that all non-residents arriving on Malta would have to go into quarantine for 14 days.

So they had to return on the same plane - never even left the airport!

Ah yeah, this one day will totally wipe coronavirus off the face of the earth...

• Haha 1

I went into a chemists today and asked, "What's good for killing the Coronavirus?"

She said, "Ammonia cleaner". 

I said, "I'm sorry, I thought you were the pharmacist".

• Haha 5

On 13/03/2020 at 08:39, theoldlady said:

Good morning! Today is Friday the 13th March, 2020

We start our morning in Norway with 801 cases, 1 death, 1 recovered (this person recovered a while back now.)

876 as of 12:30 p.m.

934 cases as of 8 p.m.

Everything is closed now - Even the ferries connecting Norway with the rest of Europe. Can`t travel to the USA.

988 cases reported as of 10:36. I guess there will be 1000 when I wake up tomorrow. Good night!

Good morning! Today is Saturday the 14th of March 2020.

This morning there are 996 cases reported. Still one death :rip: and 1 recovered. At least 27 were critical last night. We will see what the Grim Reaper may bring today. 
1030 cases as of 1 p.m. 

Edited by theoldlady
Updates
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Maybe more so than the Italian hand rails, which is the whole point.

I think that a big part of the gap in case numbers between the UK and Italy is down to luck, with a further portion down to our not testing enough people (for instance, the gvt just stopped community testing in the UK entirely). Kissing on the cheek may be a small factor too, but it's hardly the only way to catch this.

You can't tell me people in the UK are especially hygienic - handwashing stats etc are OK, but not drastically different to other European countries https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/revealed-dutch-are-least-hygienic-europeans, and other countries with better stats than us, e.g. Germany and Sweden, have apparently been hit harder by Covid19 so far. 

Meanwhile, the UK's population density is higher than Italy's (274 vs 200 people per square km), and we have many fewer doctors, nurses, hospital beds and ITU beds while also having a very elderly population. We're having the same numbers of new cases per day now that they were two weeks ago... and there's nothing about the current response that reassures me we won't be in similar straits or worse to the ones they are in now before the month is up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toast said:

Maximum coronavirus annoyance points .....

Friends of mine flew to Malta this morning for a week's holiday. 

Or so they thought.

While they were airborne it was announced that all non-residents arriving on Malta would have to go into quarantine for 14 days.

So they had to return on the same plane - never even left the airport!

and they probably caught the virus through the air conditioning system so will need to self isolate as soon as they get home.

Mass gatherings likely to be officially banned from this week onwards.

Trains to potentially be banned. Aircraft to be banned. Ships to be banned.

Just add buses and cars to that and then absolutely nobody can work.

This will be us in 2 weeks time:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

This will be us in 2 weeks time:

Think it will more be....

4 hours ago, paddyfool said:

I think that a big part of the gap in case numbers between the UK and Italy is down to luck, with a further portion down to our not testing enough people (for instance, the gvt just stopped community testing in the UK entirely). Kissing on the cheek may be a small factor too, but it's hardly the only way to catch this.

You can't tell me people in the UK are especially hygienic - handwashing stats etc are OK, but not drastically different to other European countries https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/revealed-dutch-are-least-hygienic-europeans, and other countries with better stats than us, e.g. Germany and Sweden, have apparently been hit harder by Covid19 so far. 

Meanwhile, the UK's population density is higher than Italy's (274 vs 200 people per square km), and we have many fewer doctors, nurses, hospital beds and ITU beds while also having a very elderly population. We're having the same numbers of new cases per day now that they were two weeks ago... and there's nothing about the current response that reassures me we won't be in similar straits or worse to the ones they are in now before the month is up. 

Firstly, as per my original post, the ITU situation in Italy was told to me by someone within the NHS, I did not pluck that on out of thin air.

Whether that is bravado from our Health service or the Italians have bigged up their capabilities is a moot point and, as such, it will not really cement an argument as to what is the right way of dealing with this or not, perhaps.

My other point pertained to the cultural differences between countries and societies.

Of course this virus can live on hard surfaces, most viruses can, that was not the point.

The point was that a more tactile 'touchy feely' society is much more likely to allow virus to spread person to person than those that tend to be, shall we say, more formal?

This compounds the problem, it cannot do anything less.

Hygiene is just another facet and this notion that Europeans are all broadly the same when it comes to it is not strictly true, I have lived in Europe,  we are definitely better than some.

I know you do like pulling out stats but, fucking hell, that one was taken from a Gallup poll five years ago ( we know how accurate polls are if they are not done properly) and it's on one of those websites that is also trending 'Masturbation boosts your immune system, helping you fight off infection and illness '.

Well, Deathray is never going to get it, is he!

Maybe we should all spend our spare time wanking to beat the virus.....:D

What we do not know, and certainly not the Government, is whether a lock down will stop its spread my any great measure.

On the basis that the Italians are two weeks ahead of us ( really?) maybe we need to see if a lockdown actually works?

We cannot take what China says as fact, nobody believes what China says, fuck, they are actually blaming the US for it.

In the meantime, lets just carry on panicking.

With regard to hygiene, I've always thought it healthier to have some exposure to dirt and germs as it keeps the immune system ticking over.

As my grandmother used to say, "You have to eat a peck of dirt before you die".

Although that could be interpreted as it would take that amount of dirt to kill you. :D  Still, the old girl lived to be 100, so she obviously did something right.

• Like 3

Idiot Norwegians are heading for the hills to do a tad of skiing! Most off us now have 2-4 weeks where we are supposed to work from home and we are supposed to self-isolate ourselves! The municipalities that have the most vacation/holiday cabins are BEGGING these people to stay home - there are limited hospitals and doctors in these areas. It is the childish thought process: nothing will happen to me that seems to take over here. Why they think that they cannot get infected on the ski slopes is beyond me. Point in case: the Italian and Austrian infections that those with the virus here brought home with them a little while back and are now the majority of the cases in Norway. Stupid is as stupid does. 

BBC reporting 21 deaths UK-wide.

(It's like listening to the radio in HP And The Deathly Hallows).

Yes, these are the loved ones old Blibberwimble thinks are worth it for the economy. Which is about to be soiled down the bog anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

BBC reporting 21 deaths UK-wide.

(It's like listening to the radio in HP And The Deathly Hallows).

Yes, these are the loved ones old Blibberwimble thinks are worth it for the economy. Which is about to be soiled down the bog anyway.

Boris Johnson is a dork. In a week or two he will eat any of his words or will be lynched. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, drol said:

Boris Johnson is a dork. In a week or two he will eat any of his words or will be lynched. 

The fate suffered by his paternal great-grandfather back in 1922.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Kemal

• Like 1

From the Governments own statistical data: 'The provisional number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 28 February 2020 (week 9) was 10,816; this represents a decrease of 25 deaths registered in comparison with the previous week (week 8). The average number of deaths for the corresponding week over the previous five years was 11,183'.

The sheer degree of panic and fuckwittery that is going on is fucking moronic.

Ok, man. Then come here to see how many 50 year old who have a completely normal life go to ICU everyday for this fucking thing. Average obituaries pages for obituary on L'Eco di Bergamo is 2 pages; now it is 10 pages everyday.

I see deaths everyday around me and I'm really tired of people who are not in the middle of hell and still make judgements. And God, I don't wish on anyone what we are enduring.

• Like 1