LB93

Rush Limbaugh

I had to check who he is exactly and a bit of background on his personality and the fact that the BBC, Guardian, Independent and the Daily Mail cover the announcement of his illness, means a UK obituary is pretty much certain 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

You don't have to be sick to see every conservative die.     I repeat my question. Who is he and why is he hated so much? 

He is a far right conservative Republican radio talk show host, who has a wide following of crazed members of the Tea Party- and other Right Wingers. He has been around for a long time, even before the 2000 election. One of those guys who is either loved or hated, depending on your political values.

Here is an example of Rush Limbaugh, giving a speech to students:

He’s a fat misogynist cunt 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Ok, who is he and why is he hated so much? 

Rush on nicotine:

“There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.”

Rush on the genocide of American Indians:

“Columbus saved the Indians from themselves.”

Rush on Michael J Fox having parkinsons disease:

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Rush on African Americans voting:

“[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

Rush on the NFL:

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

Rush on global warming:

“If you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in man-made global warming."

Rush on global warming 2:

"Global warming relies on the theory that we are destroying ecosystems. There is no evidence that we could destroy ecosystems."

Rush on global warming 3:

"For years I’ve pointed out that global warming is bogus."

Rush on feeding poor children in public school:

“If you feed them, if you feed the children, three square meals a day during the school year, how can you expect them to feed themselves in the summer? Wanton little waifs and serfs dependent on the State. Pure and simple.”

Rush on a 13 year old girl:

"Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?” (Rush Limbaugh, while holding up a photograph of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton)

Rush on exercise:

“Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.”

Rush on feminism:

"Feminism has led women astray. I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it.”

Rush on LGBT:

“When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.”

Rush on people in the military who didn't support the Iraq War:

"The phony soldiers."

Rush on women:

"Women still live longer than men because their lives are easier."

Rush on women protesting sexual harassment:

“They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.”

Rush on the homeless population:

"Isn't that how the homeless became homeless? They used to be institutionalized and a bunch of liberals came along and said, "They have rights! You can't keep them there"?"

Rush on the heterosexuality:

"Heterosexuality may be 95, 98 percent of the population. [Heterosexuality is] under assault by the 2 to 5 percent that are homosexual.”

Rush on legalizing gay marriage:

I simply asked you to think what was your first reaction when you heard first about gay marriage? And I said you’re probably having the same reaction here. And gay marriage is now standard, normal operating procedure. [Pedophilia] could be, too.

Rush on what criminals look like:

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”.

Rush on Sandra Fluke who testified that women should have access to affordable contraceptives:

"It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We're the pimps. (interruption) The johns? We would be the johns?

Also very pro-torture. Hard to pick just one torture quote from him.

Rush on consent:

“You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element, do you know what it is? Consent.”

“If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it’s perfectly fine, whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there’s no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left.”

Rush on lung cancer and smoking:

CALLER: If you’re in an environment where somebody smokes, you can get secondhand disease from —

RUSH: No.

CALLER: — secondhand smoke.

RUSH: No. You can’t. That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed. There is no fatality whatsoever. There’s no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, CastAway said:

Rush on nicotine:

“There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.”

Rush on the genocide of American Indians:

“Columbus saved the Indians from themselves.”

Rush on Michael J Fox having parkinsons disease:

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Rush on African Americans voting:

“[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

Rush on the NFL:

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

Rush on global warming:

“If you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in man-made global warming."

Rush on global warming 2:

"Global warming relies on the theory that we are destroying ecosystems. There is no evidence that we could destroy ecosystems."

Rush on global warming 3:

"For years I’ve pointed out that global warming is bogus."

Rush on feeding poor children in public school:

“If you feed them, if you feed the children, three square meals a day during the school year, how can you expect them to feed themselves in the summer? Wanton little waifs and serfs dependent on the State. Pure and simple.”

Rush on a 13 year old girl:

"Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?” (Rush Limbaugh, while holding up a photograph of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton)

Rush on exercise:

“Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.”

Rush on feminism:

"Feminism has led women astray. I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it.”

Rush on LGBT:

“When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.”

Rush on people in the military who didn't support the Iraq War:

"The phony soldiers."

Rush on women:

"Women still live longer than men because their lives are easier."

Rush on women protesting sexual harassment:

“They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.”

Rush on the homeless population:

"Isn't that how the homeless became homeless? They used to be institutionalized and a bunch of liberals came along and said, "They have rights! You can't keep them there"?"

Rush on the heterosexuality:

"Heterosexuality may be 95, 98 percent of the population. [Heterosexuality is] under assault by the 2 to 5 percent that are homosexual.”

Rush on legalizing gay marriage:

I simply asked you to think what was your first reaction when you heard first about gay marriage? And I said you’re probably having the same reaction here. And gay marriage is now standard, normal operating procedure. [Pedophilia] could be, too.

Rush on what criminals look like:

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”.

Rush on Sandra Fluke who testified that women should have access to affordable contraceptives:

"It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We're the pimps. (interruption) The johns? We would be the johns?

Also very pro-torture. Hard to pick just one torture quote from him.

Rush on consent:

“You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element, do you know what it is? Consent.”

“If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it’s perfectly fine, whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there’s no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left.”

Rush on lung cancer and smoking:

CALLER: If you’re in an environment where somebody smokes, you can get secondhand disease from —

RUSH: No.

CALLER: — secondhand smoke.

RUSH: No. You can’t. That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed. There is no fatality whatsoever. There’s no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you.

As much as I agree that Rush is not a desirable person, I think your points on feminism etc are a little too PC to take seriously.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

As much as I agree that Rush is not a desirable person, I think your points on feminism etc are a little too PC to take seriously.

Literally nothing in my post was my opinion, only quotes from Limbaugh, and just answering the question 'hey why does everyone hate the dick?' 

That said, I have no doubt that we're on completely opposite sides of the 'what is PC' debate, given I think that those mentioned quotes are reprehensible and Rush is way worse than 'not a desirable person' and more on the lines of I'm counting down the days and hoping he doesn't last long enough to make next year's list. But probably not the right place to have this debate :sherlock:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

The asshat campaigned for years that smoking is harmless and now suffers from advanced lung cancer from his own smoking. The asshat claimed a Florida hurricane was fake and many of his followers refused to evacuate while he flees the state. 

Also, how was anything in that post perpetuating any ideals other than Rush’s? CastAway made no points. 

• Like 3

Just seen him at the State of the Union Speech.I was shocked to see how frail he was ! I fear he won't be doing many more of his radio shows,,and Trumps award of that medal signals he knows that there is very little hope for him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

You can tell that he has already lost quite a bit of weight- he is definitely a very sick man-  if he doesn't die this year I am sure it will be next year!

• Like 1

Eh, he doesn’t really look that frail. I think he could survive at least a couple more months...

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Eh, he doesn’t really look that frail. I think he could survive at least a couple more months...

Aye - DL Cup fodder for sure

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Banana said:

The asshat campaigned for years that smoking is harmless and now suffers from advanced lung cancer from his own smoking. The asshat claimed a Florida hurricane was fake and many of his followers refused to evacuate while he flees the state. 

Also, how was anything in that post perpetuating any ideals other than Rush’s? CastAway made no points. 

Riiiight… I don't disagree...

I was just saying that Rush Limbaugh saying that he likes to walk behind women isn't a huge offence and lets not pretend it is.

9 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

As long as those last months are as painful as possible

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Months,sure, but not years !

1 less potential Trump voter in the pivotal swing state of Florida if he dies before Nov

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Riiiight… I don't disagree...

I was just saying that Rush Limbaugh saying that he likes to walk behind women isn't a huge offence and lets not pretend it is.

The quote was about feminism and in that quote, he said a blatant falsehood about feminism. Then he went on to make a joke out of it. 

Swing and a miss.

33 minutes ago, Greenwald said:

The quote was about feminism and in that quote, he said a blatant falsehood about feminism. Then he went on to make a joke out of it. 

Swing and a miss.

The quote was: 

First of all, Feminism is cancer lets be honest. Feminism has brought along a Marxist PC culture that shames people (namely housewives by choice and men in general) who don't concede to their agenda. Feminism has in the long run made women out to be like men and made them think that they must compete with men when instead they should embrace the qualities of being female (and no I don't mean stay in the kitchen). An ideology that claims you can rape someone by looking at them is fucking dumb or just the fact that men and women should be allowed to compete in the same sport. Sorry but I think he has a point on feminism...

Secondly, he was making a joke about women - getting angry at a joke is something I'll never take seriously. I agree he isn't a decent guy and I am in no way conservative but this one I can let slide. The fact that you're arguing over this proves that people will simply argue over anything.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Serves him right for smoking.  Filthy habit. 

• Haha 3

On 06/02/2020 at 14:35, CoffinLodger said:

Just been checking the survival rate for stage 4 lung cancer. Rush Limbaugh has a 5%  chance of still being alive in 5 years time. :o https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/lungb.html

I would like to know whether he has small or oat cell cancer, which smokers get, or Adenocarcinoma or Large cell carcinoma, which are slow growing- the first one responds to chemo but grows very fast- the other kind grows very slowly but doesn't respond to chemo- either way his goose is cooked! But it might affect how long he has- I think this year or next year.

• Like 1