drol

Kenneth Kaunda

Being a little prescient and considering the love of DL for old African bad guys (Hastings Banda, Bobby Mugs, Daniel arap Moi) I think Kenny's inclusion on next year's list is quite likely if he makes it. President of Zambia since its independence for 27 years, and the last recognizable "founding father/tyrant" of an African Country (Sam Nujoma apart), he has been suffering from ill health at least since 2016, when he was mistakenly reported as dead. Anyway here we are four years later; all the African dictators born in 1924 have been wiped out except for Kenny.

Last week he got nominated for Nobel Prize for Peace and today he expresses his condolences for his "dear friend" Moi. Health updates quite regular and birthdays always celebrated, so thread won't be empty till death, I think.

• Like 8

96 today! :birthday:

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Kaunda talks at 2:21:05 to around 2:29:08, however the message is probably pre-recorded and whoever is playing it isn't that good at tech as it starts again at some point.

You can't properly hear what he's saying and he seems pretty frail.

https://twitter.com/ChellaRancen/status/1370031749527449602 Guy Scott doesn't look very great either, but still much better than last year. His wife's twitter is probably the best place to look for updates on Scott.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Celebrates his 97th birthday tomorrow. Here's a new video of him with the Chinese ambassador. I hope they include him in next year's deathlist if he's still alive, sounds worse than in the last video.

7 hours ago, arghton said:

Celebrates his 97th birthday tomorrow. Here's a new video of him with the Chinese ambassador. I hope they include him in next year's deathlist if he's still alive, sounds worse than in the last video.

he doesn't look that bad imo, Dole or Carter looks frailer at the same age but I agree he would be a good call

A new turn in the fight of KK, Rupiah Banda and Guy Scott about who will die next.

Now it seems Kaunda might win, but will he beat Banda (Overweight 84-year old fighting colon cancer) and Scott (Recently got to 77, end-stage parkinson's skeleton and reported "ailing", both physically and apparently also mentally)

Not confirmed, but rumors are it is COVID. Kenny did not get the jab to my knowledge and the outcome looks very promising... for us. 

A certain drought will be over pretty soon... 

Suffering from minor chest infection , was expected to be discharged today, but his condition worsened overnight, still he is "stable" and not on life support. 

Not his time apparently . Being treated for recurring pneumonia but already "much better". 

Drought to go on... 

Don't see any official confirmation for this besides Twatter and some Zambian outlets which already got it wrong with Milingo. 

Yes, hate to break it to you, but it is fake news. There would be obits everywhere in a minute if it was true.

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Yes, hate to break it to you, but it is fake news. There would be obits everywhere in a minute if it was true.

Tell that to the BBC journalist who tweeted it out...

The more time passes, the clearer it is that's utter bullshit. And too much time has already passed.

Well...duh?

• Haha 5

Actually his hospitalization was so widely reported I'm astonished there is not a flurry of obits out. 

I want to see that Reuters obit! 

@deadsox, you're going to have to wrestle drol for those points in the Oldest Living State Leaders DP.

No points at this level. Not enough confirmation.