Genfærd

Dead Danes

Haha, I guess we had very low standards in the 50s and 60s. I think that the nickname is more based on his filmography rather than his looks even though he back then could have been slightly compareable.

Also, it was in the article. I had no idea people compared him but thought I'd add it to my post to get some tension. Worked like a charm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 13/02/2020 at 11:23, Genfærd said:

One part of the Olsen Brothers, Niels Noller Olsen, has been diagnosed with cancer not too long ago and might not have too long. Got him in the top 3 of my list.

According to Jorgen, Niels had cerebral lymphoma and still isn't out of the wordwork albeit being cancer-free. Still in rehab. Jorgen also suffered from corona back in December. https://nyheder24.dk/nyheder/haardt-ramt-nu-taler-joergen-olsen-ud

On 08/12/2020 at 11:59, Ulitzer95 said:

267_110799478308.jpg.b76aa9a47c5897180eafd6d2039e9233.jpgimages.jpeg.8239d5c50f099a0a39ed2d900afe11e3.jpeg220px-James_Dean_-_publicity_-_early.JPG.b8c7aa5bdfbca539b2fa72fe8f841d45.JPG94a91c4a7fc45be94c8143fafe4a9e.jpg.25831965bc15407d512bfa5b0dba825e.jpg

Above is James Dean, one of the most fuckable men to have ever graced Hollywood. Below is "Danish James Dean".

To me the difference is like paying £250 for a designer coat or opting for the £20 ripoff from a backstreet Chinese market, which you may have to deflea when you get home. The Danes can pipe down :P

Unknown.jpeg.06f2716518b046921ca2421c40583a07.jpeg

Only just seen this. Anyone claiming to be the answer to James Dean is surely terminally fucking  their cause by living to be 85.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Legendary Danish sports reporter, Tommy Troelsen, dead at age 80.

Side note: Won a silver medal with the Danish football team at the 1960 Olympics in Rome.

Marks my 1st hit on the nearly impossible Danish deadpool.

• Like 1

Birgitte Reimer (wiki), Danish actress who appeared in movies between 1947 and 1964 er død at 95.

• Like 2

Johannes Møllehave, famous Danish priest and author, dead at 84.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Former Danish PM Poul Schluter dead: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-28/poul-schluter-danish-premier-who-introduced-krone-peg-dies

I think this is another Crumbly DDP pick.

One of my Scavenger picks from the last round. 

See, Willz? The DDP always picks up as soon as I start to clear out the "to do" list!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, msc said:

One of my Scavenger picks from the last round. 

See, Willz? The DDP always picks up as soon as I start to clear out the "to do" list!

Well, you've another one to do, QO for Schluter: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/poul-schlueter-longtime-danish-prime-minister-dies-at-92-copenhagen-european-union-european-parliament-conservatives-maastricht-b1855746.html

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Former Danish PM Poul Schluter dead: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-28/poul-schluter-danish-premier-who-introduced-krone-peg-dies

I think this is another Crumbly DDP pick.

Arrgg @msc Another unique  pick for me this month in the Derby Dead Pool!! The third and my second joker too!

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Arrgg @msc Another unique  pick for me this month in the Derby Dead Pool!! The third and my second joker too!

If you put those crumbles together you'd be player of the month.

tbf I've done no counting whatsoever on that. (It has to be done manually, which is a fucker...)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, msc said:

If you put those crumbles together you'd be player of the month.

tbf I've done no counting whatsoever on that. (It has to be done manually, which is a fucker...)

If I get a third 'hit' in my blueberry crumble team  before the months out then maybe  I will seal that title but admittedly it's a big ask especially with just three days to go!

Joanne Woodward,  Vera Miles , Rosemary  Squires are were my hopes are most pinned!

3rd hit on my Danish list. Already better than last year!

• Like 1

Bent Melchior, brother of former politician Arne Melchior, and chief rabbi from 69' till late 90s, dead, age 92.

• Like 4

Lars Høgh, Danish goalkeeper, has been treated lately since he has relapsed. It doesn't seems like he is severely ill but that his cancer is worsening.

Source: Ekstra Bladet (Danish)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Lars Høgh, Danish goalkeeper, has been treated lately since he has relapsed. It doesn't seems like he is severely ill but that his cancer is worsening.

Relapsed pancreatic cancer for the 3rd (or 4th) time. I can't decide if he's really unlucky or lucky, the latter because most people who suffer a relapse with that are long gone.

• Like 3

On 30/08/2021 at 17:28, Genfærd said:

Latest is that he has been told that his body cant handle more chemo for the time being. Has also been asked to prepare a will, funeral etc. Just in case he will pass soon. 

Not the bestest of news. 

Source: Bold.dk (Danish) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 08/11/2021 at 15:24, Genfærd said:

Latest is that he has been told that his body cant handle more chemo for the time being. Has also been asked to prepare a will, funeral etc. Just in case he will pass soon. 

Not the bestest of news. 

Source: Bold.dk (Danish) 

Couple of months left, says doctor (Danish Source).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Couple of months left, says doctor (Danish Source).

Just in time for the competitions with relaxed Obit rules (He is not likely to get a Q/O even through he is still the Danish National team’s goalkeeping coach.) 

34 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Just in time for the competitions with relaxed Obit rules (He is not likely to get a Q/O even through he is still the Danish National team’s goalkeeping coach.) 

Not sure - QOs are becoming a lottery. Alvin Seeco Patterson, who guided Bob Marley back into music, was the percussionist on some of the Wailers' biggest UK hits and was there as Marley drew his last breath still hasn't a QO at all.

But Hilmar Koppar has, as does some dame who was a  US college advocate for human rights.

I think Hogh's relative youth and cancer are a sub-editor's cream dream.

57 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He did play in the 1986 World Cup. Denmark's involvement in that event, their first, has always had a romanticism about it in the press and so I think he would obit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

He did play in the 1986 World Cup. Denmark's involvement in that event, their first, has always had a romanticism about it in the press and so I think he would obit.

He was also iirc on the pitch when Eriksson had his life saved at the Euros. That Euro rum cements an obit I feel was already likely.

• Like 1