gcreptile

Lewis vs. Trebek vs. Reid

The Pancreatic Cancer Mexican Standoff  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Three men, three pancreatic cancers...

.... one of them just turned 80.

...one of them is just about to.....

...one of them has just a little more to go, but will he make it?

Rep. John Lewis, Alex Trebek, Sen. Harry Reid... who of these people dies first?

I think it's going to be John Lewis, because he's black (indeed, worse statistics!).

Trebek, but imo all 3 could be dead by the time we have a Democratic Presidential candidate sorted out.

Trebek's appearance has been pretty "home stretch" as of late; voted him.

Trebek. He's in my team. I need points.

Lewis will be gone by the end of April. Trebek August/September. Reid makes 2021.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Lewis will be gone by the end of April. Trebek August/September. Reid makes 2021.

I respect Spade as I should but Lewis should outlive Reid.  Nothing about his diagnosis indicating his stage 4 is worse stage 4 than Reid (lol).  Please post if you have info.  Mathematics alone says he will outlive Reid based solely on date of diagnosis and life expectancy after said date of diagnosis, all things being equal.  And all things are equal unless you post info stating otherwise.  Why the hell is Lewis checking out by April??

Vote: Game Show Hosts for $1000.

On 14/02/2020 at 17:10, Sir Creep said:

I respect Spade as I should but Lewis should outlive Reid.  Nothing about his diagnosis indicating his stage 4 is worse stage 4 than Reid (lol).  Please post if you have info.  Mathematics alone says he will outlive Reid based solely on date of diagnosis and life expectancy after said date of diagnosis, all things being equal.  And all things are equal unless you post info stating otherwise.  Why the hell is Lewis checking out by April??

Vote: Game Show Hosts for $1000.

Isn't Reid's cancer in remission?

44 minutes ago, Prophet said:

Isn't Reid's cancer in remission?

He’s still receiving chemo for his cancer, which sounded like his pancan never really went away. 

• Like 1

Hate to take the chalk, but I’ll go with Trebek. 
Pro: We get near daily updates.

Con: Updates are usually Delayed a few months.

To be fair, I own a piece of each one several places, but many more shares of Trebek.

Went with Trebek. Seems he has already said his goodbyes.

Harry Reid has the peaceful, almost serene expression of a man who decided he's ready to die. Perhaps he will go first. I'm curious to see new photos of John Lewis. He looked always so angry. Perhaps he mellowed out.

reid-1-gty-er-200219_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

I think Harry Reid wants to live through one more presidential election. Then he'll die shortly after that.

• Like 1

Unfortunately John Lewis was the winner. 

• Sad 1

Hmm, I think my browser must be blocking the pop-up window to show the winners....

Edit: Okay, well done to @DevonDeathTrip @theoldlady @Spade_Cooley @Prophet @Perhaps @Torva Messor @Genfærd @ThereWillBeDeaths7 @Newjack @Sean @JiroemonKimura @Cant Wait @chiesa52 and myself.

@Tou gets a cone of shame for voting just now.

Thanks for playing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1