CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

2 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Edit - Done, but can't think of a witty subtitle...

"Disease the rhythm of the night"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, CastAway said:

Two Iranian politicians have already fallen victim. 

Also, ex-Danish international footballer Thomas Kahlenberg has caught the disease.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/03/05/thomas-kahlenberg-coronavirus-denmark

Thought a new thread dedicated to it might be useful/necessary.

A dedicated thread for the virus had to happen.Will be interesting to see if any  really famous people succumb to it, other than Iranians ! 

I'm not worried about it  for myself, but I am a bit worried about my dad who is in his 80s with a lung condition ! Still, they say even 95 %  of the most vulnerable people should survive  so I guess he should be OK ..

2 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Edit - Done, but can't think of a witty subtitle...

Virus mac Virusface? 

Brett Dean, Australian composer. Conditions not exactly known.

7 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

giphy-4.gif.efbc8c978bd6b0e42e8cdc56dc09987a.gif

This sounds like the sort of asinine, hysteria-stirring subheading you might find in the fucking Daily Mirror.

It's a fucking big 'if'. Now calm down, people.

its an "If" that needs to be prevented by trying everything to curbing the infection. It also helps lowering the death rate because the mutate then has to mutate to spread even faster and that usually makes it less deadly.

7 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

yeah but at time of Black Death I doubt there were 131 million new people being born every year. Also many of the 250 million are old/ill already.

You are basically talking about worldwide population growth being paused for 2 years even at these astronomical levels.

Well that is only if the death rate stays like that. With 20% complication rate and overloaded it could go towards 5 or even 10% if it isnt controlled.

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

We HAVE A THREAD already for this outbreak.  Who was the asshole who launched this thread?  *looks*  @CastAway you win the March 2020 DL Dumbass Award (in fact you're a malaprop, we just call the award the 'CastAway').  Maybe you can double up next month and win back to back CastAways. 
SC

One day, if you keep at it, you may take the mantle of one 'Doctor Zorders' Esq.  :)

On 06/03/2020 at 21:19, roaming_comrade said:

its an "If" that needs to be prevented by trying everything to curbing the infection. It also helps lowering the death rate because the mutate then has to mutate to spread even faster and that usually makes it less deadly.

That's genius, you've cracked it; we should try and curb the infection! 

Look, as a percentage, very, very, very few people in the world will get it. And very few of those who get it will die. And very few of those who die will have been otherwise healthy before they contracted the virus. This will all pass soon. The majority of people who've caught a touch of the Coronas have already recovered and are back at work, wondering what all the fuss is about. We know the score when it comes to reducing the risk of catching something contagious, much like when bird flu was rife we didn't need telling not to bowl about using dead pigeons as flannels. All we need telling is to stop panicking and have some common sense. Wash your hands, don't cough over everything like a scummy fucker and just go about your day, preferably without doing silly things like panic buying 240 loo rolls, french kissing infected people, predicting the world's going to end or reading The Sun.

32E015B5-0990-409A-BF62-E7765BC63F52.jpeg.da147657db0933c61a9248bcc5cdf1c3.jpeg

EDIT: Hello, this is TQR coming from almost three years in the future. Yeah, hi. I’m good thanks. Erm, so this post did not age terribly well. Eight weeks after posting this, I nearly died of “a touch of the Coronas”. The virus mutated horribly and many, many governments did not respond in time or to the degree that scientists urged them to. Matt Hancock, for one, let it into care homes and killed tens of thousands of nans and grandads. At least 6.7m people died globally, and they’re just the reported ones. To my credit, my opinion changed very quickly after this post. It was a weird time back then, and I suppose there was a modicum of not wanting to believe what this thing could mean. Believe it or not, some wacko cranks still think it’s a myth, and that vaccines which curbed serious cases and transmission rates (even where restrictions were dropped like no fucks were given) are some kind of NWO bollocks. Thankfully, normality has pretty much been restored in most parts of the world, though many remain scarred, bereaved and anxiety-riddled as a result. Our nurses, doctors, healthcare assistants etc are considered heroes by all but the most virulent and sociopathic of Tory supporting arseholes. Oh yeah, and speaking of them, they partied while you locked yourself away and missed your loved ones’ funerals. But you could’ve predicted that. Anyway, I digress; the point of this additional bit of info from the future is to mark what I said back then as utter drivel. It is an admission of almost total wrongness, and I apologise profusely for it.

Edited by TQR
From the future…ooh…
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Look, as a percentage, very, very, very few people in the world will get it. And very few of those who get it will die. And very few of those who die will have been otherwise healthy before they contracted the virus. This will all pass soon. The majority of people who've caught a touch of the Coronas have already recovered and are back at work, wondering what all the fuss is about. We know the score when it comes to reducing the risk of catching something contagious, much like when bird flu was rife we didn't need telling not to bowl about using dead pigeons as flannels. All we need telling is to stop panicking and have some common sense. Wash your hands, don't cough over everything like a scummy fucker and just go about your day, preferably without doing silly things like panic buying 240 loo rolls, french kissing infected people, predicting the world's going to end or reading The Sun.

"Look, as a percentage, very, very, very few people in the world will get it."

Yeah fam and why is that? Because governments are pulling all these drastic measures to keep it from spreading like wildfire. Going out with masks and all that will reduce the transmission rate and keep it under control and will keep the infections at a level that will not swamp the hospitals whil being ignorant will make it spread faster and will cause more people to get it. 

Buying toilet paper rolls is kinda dumb tho, I agree.

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Correct. In fact chances are a lot of people will have had it and not realised they've had it. 

On 06/03/2020 at 23:45, roaming_comrade said:

"Look, as a percentage, very, very, very few people in the world will get it."

Yeah fam and why is that? Because governments are pulling all these drastic measures to keep it from spreading like wildfire. Going out with masks and all that will reduce the transmission rate and keep it under control and will keep the infections at a level that will not swamp the hospitals whil being ignorant will make it spread faster and will cause more people to get it. 

Buying toilet paper rolls is kinda dumb tho, I agree.

Quite. So what you're saying is that it's pretty much under control, so there's no need whatsoever for any doomsday scenarios and far-fetched comparisons with the plague.

EDIT: Future TQR again. It felt under control, but it really wasn’t. Sorry.

Edited by TQR
Bad take highlighted
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Fatemeh Rahbar's an Iranian MP is dead but now they're saying she's in a coma .

Fatemeh Rahbar dead at 56.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Quite. So what you're saying is that it's pretty much under control, so there's no need whatsoever for any doomsday scenarios and far-fetched comparisons with the plague.

No need for that indeed, but only as long as we have it under control. Thats why we need all these extreme measures that will cause moderate panic because without them were doomed.

On 05/03/2020 at 23:21, Paul Bearer said:

Well, if I catch it and die, I'd just like to say that it's been nice "knowing" you all and hopefully see you all on the other side. :)

We will know if you don't post within 3 hours.....:)

7 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Italian leader of the Democratic party is infected.

Nicola Zingaretti the name, also Governor of Lazio. Apparently asymptomatic.

On 06/03/2020 at 14:15, roaming_comrade said:

Corona is worse than the flu because it has a 3.4% death rate (WHO says so) while the flu has a death rate 0.01-0.1%. The Flu is already under control and we have vaccines against measles or stuff like that. If the entire world gets infected we would still have around 250 million dead, making it worse than the Black Death.

In absolute numbers maybe, but the world population has exploded in the last century. Back then there were much less people living on earth so relatively the plague had a much worse death rate than now....  at the moment of writing.... 

Edit:

The Pope has a severy cold. That could be the first big one.

Ayatollah Haj Sheikh Reza Mohammadi Langroudi one of ayatollah Khomeini inter circle/ understudy has died. Khomeini could be at risk. 

About 35 doctors are dead aswell so far all across Iran . Some reckon that number is higher.

Khomeini is not at risk. He died in 1989.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Shocked 1

Prediction: Trump will suddenly leave America out of no where without journalists realizing - and call for a state of emergency.

Second death in UK took place in Milton Keynes Hospital... 7 minutes away from where I live.... Well its been nice meeting you all.

• Like 1

Corona taking out terrorists from Iran.

"Butcher of Tehran" dead.

• Like 3

President of Piedmont, Alberto Cirio, tests positive. In recent weeks he had been very critical of plans to play Juventus/Inter behind closed doors or even cancel it altogether. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

President of Piedmont, Alberto Cirio, tests positive. In recent weeks he had been very critical of plans to play Juventus/Inter behind closed doors or even cancel it altogether. 

Apparently infected by Zingaretti himself four days ago. Asymptomatic.

• Like 2