CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

16 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

I know we say this a lot with a grain of salt but the words "It's coming nearer" should be taken more serious. The Deathlist site is more or less a tongue in cheek site not to be taken too serious, but now I myself feel I'm at risk. I'm not in the key Demograph that's to serious in danger (old people or people with underlying illnesses) but last week I stayed in a hotel in the Province of North Brabant in the Netherlands. This province is the hot spot in the Netherlands and any cough you make over there gets you a suspicious look, even though you might be suffering from an innocent flu. 

As of this week all restaurants and cafe's are closed. Hotels are still open but the restaurant part of them is not. So getting something to eat is already a challenge if you're not at home. Schools are shut so people with children are more or less force to take care of their children now they are at home. I already had to fill in for someone else (I don't have children) who had to stay home. 

Stay save everyone.....

It's scary. I went for a quick walk and the city was empty at noon. Barely any people out there. Our Queen is talking to the nation tonight - i've never experienced this besides the yearly new years speech. It's expected that Denmark will see a complete curfew. It's surreal to be in the middle of this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Genfærd said:

It's scary. I went for a quick walk and the city was empty at noon. Barely any people out there. Our Queen is talking to the nation tonight - i've never experienced this besides the yearly new years speech. It's expected that Denmark will see a complete curfew. It's surreal to be in the middle of this.

At least we are having a taste of what it was like during the war, except we don't have food rationing, or bombs falling on us etc.Mind you the pubs stayed open during the war so maybe it's even worse ! 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Nicolas Alfonsi, a former French politician on multiple political levels, has died of the coronavirus. He was 83.

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/politique/nicolas-alfonsi-est-decede-1584378281

(French language obit)

We're all going to have to get use to hearing about famous people here in UK and  elsewhere dying from the virus. It's hard to believe that it's spread so fast just in the past week ! There was a rumour on twitter that Roy Hudd might have died from it.No idea if that's true  or not ...

• Shocked 1

We will get a chance to bore future generations about "what we did during the coronavirus curfew".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

We will get a chance to bore future generations about "what we did during the coronavirus curfew".

I hope I'll get. I see people dying everyfuckingday here...

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

At least we are having a taste of what it was like during the war, except we don't have food rationing, or bombs falling on us etc.Mind you the pubs stayed open during the war so maybe it's even worse ! 

To be honest I wouldn't be overly suprised if there was some sort of European war when we come out the other side of this with all the border-controls that have been put in place - i'm not sure they'll all be lifted. 

On 16/03/2020 at 02:13, CastAway said:

Some more over in Iran:

I am rooting for Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, whom I have in a death pool elsewhere.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

We're all going to have to get use to hearing about famous people here in UK and  elsewhere dying from the virus. It's hard to believe that it's spread so fast just in the past week ! There was a rumour on twitter that Roy Hudd might have died from it.No idea if that's true  or not ...

CORONAtion Street

• Like 1

Fred Dinenage has chosen to isolate himself with his wife, despite showing no symptoms.

There comes a time
When we heed a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
Oh, and it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all

This is the moment that song was written for
  • Like 1

Unlikely to die from it but this has a certain hint of irony?

Cameroonian jazz legend Manu Dibango has COVID-19. At 86, and previously hospitalized for other ailments (contracted it in hospital), he would need some good luck...

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, drol said:

Cameroonian jazz legend Manu Dibango has COVID-19. At 86, and previously hospitalized for other ailments (contracted it in hospital), he would need some good luck...

IOW still not a single notable person 

Nooo.. not Manu Dibango!

Sir Creep, Dibango's hit "Soul Makossa" is regarded as the first disco song ever.

Edit: Also, listen to it to see where Michael Jackson's "Wanna be starting something" stole from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Nooo.. not Manu Dibango!

Sir Creep, Dibango's hit "Soul Makossa" is regarded as the first disco song ever.

Edit: Also, listen to it to see where Michael Jackson's "Wanna be starting something" stole from.

I agree with Reptile, SC. If you make a point of listening to multiple genres of music, you've likely heard him without maybe realizing it. He's got some terrific stuff.

• Like 1

So, just been sent my results of covid 19 screening, no need to self isolate, don't understand why boss wants to see me.

image.jpeg

• Haha 17

We have our first US Congressperson to test positive for the virus. Mario Diaz Balart, to be precise 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

We have our first US Congressperson to test positive for the virus. Mario Diaz Balart, to be precise 

The article has since updated to reflect a second Congressperson to be diagnosed, namely Ben McAdams.

Median Ages for Top Us govt spots

Senate: 64
47 of the 100 members of the Us Senate are 65 or older

House Of Representatives: 59

Supreme Court: 65

President :73

Eventually some of the older members of govt will join Diaz Balart and McAdams and it's likely many of them will be less likely to survive the virus

On 11/03/2020 at 11:24, Ulitzer95 said:

There's an up to date list of notable people who have caught the virus here on Wikipedia.

They've, annoyingly, deleted this and I have no idea why. Was enjoying periodically refreshing and having a nosy at the new additions. 

• Sad 1