CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

They won't let me have a test.I phoned 111 and they just told me to sit tight and see what happens.I got the impression they are so swamped with cases they can't offer much in the way of sympathy or advice!

13 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Poor Husband. I cant imagine how terrible it must be to have Amy Klobuchar as your wife.

Just hope he avoided all of her staplers...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

They won't let me have a test.I phoned 111 and they just told me to sit tight and see what happens.I got the impression they are so swamped with cases they can't offer much in the way of sympathy or advice!

Just had a text from NHS about the 111 service and Covid-19. I'm assuming it went to a lot of folk today.

Any real problems in breathing or deterioration, phone an ambulance.

28 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Your only supposed to ring 111 if you need hospital treatment at this point, there basically a 2nd 999 in this sort of situation

Don't phone them to tell you you've got the fucking thing. Half the country has and your taking the line up for someone who needs an ambo. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Eat oranges and hot lemon and honey drink. Have a hot shower aswell. If you feel in your gut something isn't right after that call an ambulance.

Radiohead's Ed O'Brien is the latest to catch the disease.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Radiohead's Ed O'Brien is the latest to catch the disease.

How To Disappear Completely.

• Like 1

Quite a lot of celebs are dying of the  virus now.I think it's now the single biggest cause of deaths .Didn't think it would have that big an impact so fast ! 

PS I still feel like shit but not any worse than yesterday so maybe I don't have it after all.Here's hoping ! 

Ah, very sad.

I did have him under potential deadpooling observation. But he continued touring until quite recently.. now this is what kills him.

Wikipedia also told me that a Zimbabean government official  journalist died of Covid-19... so it has reached Africa, and probably quite significantly.

Former Real Madrid president Fernando Martin Alvarez hospitalized with COVID-19. 

Where have I already heard something like this....

A quick glance at Wikipedia's recent deaths page shows that many people who are considered Wikipedia notable are now falling victim to COVID-19

btw : who do you think is the most famous victim of CoVid19 so far ? I would go with Manu Dibango here in France. 

He writes for The Independent and randomly appeared on my Twitter feed.

There may not be a cure for corona virus yet, but I have found a good way of coping with the symptoms- vodka ! I have to admit I've had more than my fair share over the last few days ! 

On a more serious note I have told my elderly mum and dad I will not be able to see them face to face for at least the next 3 months, maybe a lot longer.If I met my dad right now, who has severe emphysema, I would almost certainly kill him. It's  heartbreaking to not be able to see the people I love most  in the world, but I know it has to be done.Hopefully it means they will still be alive and well when this horrible thing is over and we can meet again !   

• Like 4