CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

Radio Clyde founder (or co-founder) Lord James Gordon of Strathblane has died of COVID at 83. The late Hamish Wilson often worked for Radio Clyde.

• Like 2

For those interested, the New York Times now has a section dedicated to those who died by coronavirus, and along with the big names, there’s also obits in there for some of the more local heroes who definitely deserves to be remembered...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drol said:

Radio Clyde founder (or co-founder) Lord James Gordon of Strathblane has died of COVID at 83. The late Hamish Wilson often worked for Radio Clyde.

Oh he was a BBC4 talking head last year but unlike many of the misses in that category he actually looked well for his age. Well, he did until coronavirus appeared, presumably...

First member of the House of Lords to die from it - I saw a prediction that 20-25 of them may go from it based on age statistics.

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

First member of the House of Lords to die from it - I saw a prediction that 20-25 of them may go from it based on age statistics.

And their name is? :huh:

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

And their name is? :huh:

Lord Gordon as mentioned in the post above.

17 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Who is the most famous to die so far do you reckon? 

I think we can safely say Eddie Large was the answer to that question! In the UK anyway

• Like 2

Just now, TomTomTelekom said:

Sad news indeed.

Jimmy Weldon, 96, is now the sole surviving voice actor from The Yogi Bear Show in the 60s.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Death Impends said:

My old man sings that song about me, he replaces the lyrics with my daughters name (for these purposes I’ll call her Daphne) and sings Daphnes Mum, she takes it up the bum.

He wishes. 

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Who is the most famous to die so far do you reckon? 

Fans of old movies will certainly know Lucia Bosè, who worked with Fellini, Antonioni, Duras after she became miss Italy.

And Terrence McNally wrote "Kiss of the Spider Woman" & "Master Class". 

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Surprisingly John Prine is hanging on though ! He is now described as 'stable'  https://www.nme.com/news/music/john-prines-wife-updates-on-singers-condition-following-sudden-onset-of-coronavirus-2638030

He'll get an album out of this!

I stood at my window at 8pm ,clapping away for the NHS and emergency workers, but I couldn't see any of my neighbours doing the same .I felt a bit silly to be honest ! I   still feel good that I did it though. I'm not normally the sort of person that does that sort of thing, but since my niece is an NHS worker, and my sister works in     a shop dealing with a lot of grumpy customers I thought I had a duty to do it! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I stood at my window at 8pm ,clapping away for the NHS and emergency workers, but I couldn't see any of my neighbours doing the same .I felt a bit silly to be honest ! I   still feel good that I did it though. I'm not normally the sort of person that does that sort of thing, but since my niece is an NHS worker, and my sister works in     a shop dealing with a lot of grumpy customers I thought I had a duty to do it! 

One other family on my street did it (maybe more further along) but two separate people walking home from work joined in presumably getting a time reminder on their phone.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

One other family on my street did it (maybe more further along) but two separate people walking home from work joined in presumably getting a time reminder on their phone.

To be fair I guess most people didn't know it was happening again this week.They presumably thought last week was a one off.I'm usually  the sort of person that moans about us doing a minutes silence for any reason, like for example the football team managers dog has just died or something, but I can't help but be awestruck at what those poor sods who work in hospitals are going through right now , and they really do care. It's such a shame they've been so badly let down by the govt over the years.. :(

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

To be fair I guess most people didn't know it was happening again this week.They presumably thought last week was a one off.I'm usually  the sort of person that moans about us doing a minutes silence for any reason, like for example the football team managers dog has just died or something, but I can't help but be awestruck at what those poor sods who work in hospitals are going through right now , and they really do care. It's such a shame they've been so badly let down by the govt over the years.. :(

I thought it was a one off thing and would've liked to have joined in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Sad news indeed.

Jimmy Weldon, 96, is now the sole surviving voice actor from The Yogi Bear Show in the 60s.

Also looks like Julie Bennett was one of the very last surviving voice actors of the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies shorts from 1926-1969. Larry Storch did some voice roles in the studio's final few years, is he all that's left?

• Like 1

NFL star Tom Dempsey is now in hospice care with coronavirus. :skull:

Dont see any earlier mentions of this.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

NFL star Tom Dempsey is now in hospice care with coronavirus. :skull:

Dont see any earlier mentions of this.

That really sucks.   Record for longest field goal for a few decades.  With half a foot.

YNW Melly

DDP Pick and Rapper who is in Jail awaiting trial on murder charges has tested positive for Covid-19

11 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

In France, everybody does it, there’s huge claping meeting on the balcony and everything with music and people congratulating the medical staff. That’s heartmelting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

In France, everybody does it, there’s huge claping meeting on the balcony and everything with music and people congratulating the medical staff. That’s heartmelting.

It's virtue signalling craptrap of the highest order only engaged in by utter wankers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2