CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

7 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

And they just keep coming.The actor Allen Garfield has been taken by the virus.. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/allen-garfield-dead-actor-conversation-stunt-man-nashville-was-80-1289151

Was in the Motion Picture Home - might be other notables in that care home at great risk now.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Was in the Motion Picture Home - might be other notables in that care home at great risk now.

Where's confirmation of that?

https://deadline.com/2020/04/coronavirus-deaths-mptf-nursing-home-motion-picture-television-fund-1202903192/

Variety says the dead there were in 80s and 60s, and Prine was 73. To be fair it'll still be an issue at the Motion Picture Home, but not because of Prine

Just now, CastAway said:

Where's confirmation of that?

https://deadline.com/2020/04/coronavirus-deaths-mptf-nursing-home-motion-picture-television-fund-1202903192/

Variety says the dead there were in 80s and 60s, and Prine was 73. To be fair it'll still be an issue at the Motion Picture Home, but not because of Prine

He was referring to actor Allen Garfield, who was in Motion Picture Home since his 2004 stroke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drol said:

He was referring to actor Allen Garfield, who was in Motion Picture Home since his 2004 stroke.

Whoops, missed that - thanks, my error

1 hour ago, arrowsmith said:

Did you even bother to read the article? 

Yes I did - Apparently you miss what I put. 

11 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Jean-Laurent Cochet (85) Gérard Depardieu's & Isabelle Huppert's acting teacher, died yesterday.

She should have been state executed long ago.  She must have been in hiding is all I can think of.

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1

Hey people - the thread title isn’t ‘list everyone who dies of C19 here’.  

You are allowed and should be posting deaths in their appropriate thread, in general.  
I know some of us grew up on Webster’s and others with OED, but I’m fucking sure the word ‘notable’ will have a very similar entry.

ModC

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

You are allowed and should be posting deaths in their appropriate thread, in general.  
I know some of us grew up on Webster’s and others with OED, but I’m fucking sure the word ‘notable’ will have a very similar entry.

ModC

Why can’t you let people post what they want, within reason, and not be such a post nazi?

I understand getting annoyed by late or double posts, but you seem to get irritated on the daily about posts you don’t think are in the correct place or worth posting. Why do you care so much about it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

She should have been state executed long ago.  She must have been in hiding is all I can think of.

And first of all, she was a male.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

ModC

If the point of this thread is not to post covid deaths, What is it then ? Oh I know ! We should create topics for every person Who dies from it just to say they are dead ! This way you won’t have to freak out, there won’t be any entries here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I hope that your favorite celebrities die, before Depardieu does. :)

• Like 1

On a separate note, there has been a distinct lack of notable names who have died from COVID-19 in the last 48 hours (bar John Prine, but we already knew he was very sick).

Have the notable deaths from the virus peaked? :scratchhead:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

On a separate note, there has been a distinct lack of notable names who have died from COVID-19 in the last 48 hours (bar John Prine, but we already knew he was very sick).

or is it the calm before the storm ? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I'm going with this tbh

• Like 1

I think in California, New York and Paris the peak has been reached but in the Uk and Tokyo it has not. Most of the deathlist are in those five locations.

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I like your thinking :hatsoff:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think in California, New York and Paris the peak has been reached but in the Uk and Tokyo it has not. Most of the deathlist are in those five locations.

What makes you think California and New York have peaked? The UK entered lockdown before the States, and even now the States hasn't gone into as strict a quarantine.

As of today there have been about 15,000 deaths in the States. Just a week ago that number was 5,000. The number of new cases doesn't seem to be shrinking in the States either, only in the statistics because they're now focussing testing rather than granting it to everyone.

Also don't know why you think Tokyo will have it significantly bad. Only 93 people have died in Japan thus far and the virus was an issue in their country before it was in most other places...

22 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What makes you think California and New York have peaked? The UK entered lockdown before the States, and even now the States hasn't gone into as strict a quarantine.

As of today there have been about 15,000 deaths in the States. Just a week ago that number was 5,000. The number of new cases doesn't seem to be shrinking in the States either, only in the statistics because they're now focussing testing rather than granting it to everyone.

Also don't know why you think Tokyo will have it significantly bad. Only 93 people have died in Japan thus far and the virus was an issue in their country before it was in most other places...

New York's deaths and hospital admissions are flatlining.

Tokyo has just gone into a state of emergency and it's governor thinks it could get bad there - at the moment most of the new  cases are among the young but it won't be long till it enters the care and hospital systems.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/clash-looms-in-japan-as-tokyo-governor-says-abes-covid-19-measures-not-enough

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I don't think we had so many A or B listers dying from the 'rona even before that.
We still have Marianne Faithfull on standby. If she goes on the Prine route (his condition 'stabilized' 8 days before his ultimate death), we should get an idea on where she's heading in 3-4 days.

how's Tom Hanks doing?

First it was just mild. Then it became serious. THEN he was recovering at home and last I heard he wasn't doing too well. Surely, he must've recovered by now.

Well the only 2 DDP picks to fall so far out of 3396 entries are Eddie Large and some bloke called Compton that I've never heard of. I did think we'd be getting at least one DDP pick keeling over a day from the 'rona by this point, approaching the peak.

• Like 1