CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

1 hour ago, Toast said:

'Notable' doesn't necessarily mean 'famous'.

I think GUN qualifies.

Notable

A. adj.

1. Worthy or deserving of attention, esp. on account of excellence, value, or importance; significant in size or amount; noteworthy, remarkable, striking, signal, eminent.
(OED)

The intent of this thread is pretty bloody clear however you spin it.

There's a million threads in Deathlist Extra-Curricular he could have utilised if he wasn't on an ego trip....

8 minutes ago, Deathray said:

There's a million threads in Deathlist Extra-Curricular he could have utilised if he wasn't on an ego trip....

These threads strangely do not include one for such comments as yours, namely the rage thread. Which should be in extra-curricular for real, if you ask me, unless some deathlister actually died while commenting on there. Now that, as opposed to GUN being sick, is one thread that has no reason to be in the main, death-related forum.

10 minutes ago, SusanStoHelit said:

These threads strangely do not include one for such comments as yours, namely the rage thread. Which should be in extra-curricular for real, if you ask me, unless some deathlister actually died while commenting on there. Now that, as opposed to GUN being sick, is one thread that has no reason to be in the main, death-related forum.

It's a rage thread for 'Visitors' i.e Guests who once upon a time spammed the forum with moralistic fuddyduddying.

It's fine where it is, don't try and run the place when you've barely finished your first shift.... 

33 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I agree with you up to a point, but I think it should have been restricted to people who actually died from the virus.

'Victims' suggests to me something stronger than people who get a mild dose and then recover. 

We do have the Drunk, Bored Psychopath thread on extra curricular where we can move various rantings and ravings. Deathray will already be aware of this.

However, this is a difficult time and I think it is inevitable that tempers may become a little frayed due to current circumstances.  Therefore our usual iron -fisted standards of moderation may have been relaxed a bit.  

@Grim Up North get well soon, looking forward to having you back with us.

@SusanStoHelit I'm sure GUN knows @Deathray well enough not to take any offence.

Easter greetings to everyone :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

We do have the Drunk, Bored Psychopath thread on extra curricular where we can move various rantings and ravings. Deathray will already be aware of this.

However, this is a difficult time and I think it is inevitable that tempers may become a little frayed due to current circumstances.  Therefore our usual iron -fisted standards of moderation may have been relaxed a bit.  

@Grim Up North get well soon, looking forward to having you back with us.

@SusanStoHelit I'm sure GUN knows @Deathray well enough not to take any offence.

Easter greetings to everyone :)

You don't want to know how many beats my heart just skipped when I saw you'd @'ed me...... :lol::lol:

• Haha 1

Maybe the guy who made this 2015 song and music video titled, "Coronus, The Terminator" can give us a little glimpse of the future.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Country singer Sturgill Simpson says he tested positive for coronavirus almost one month after first experiencing symptoms.

https://pitchfork.com/news/sturgill-simpson-tests-positive-for-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR0y7VdjZmlYw9O4EwMi9xAcxzZcVlEJT8el4wRjoPxytOfUE2Xj8lr6QLM

Who

gives

a

big

fat

fucking

shit?

10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Who

gives

a

big

fat

fucking

shit?

you apparently

37 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Country singer Sturgill Simpson says he tested positive for coronavirus almost one month after first experiencing symptoms.

https://pitchfork.com/news/sturgill-simpson-tests-positive-for-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR0y7VdjZmlYw9O4EwMi9xAcxzZcVlEJT8el4wRjoPxytOfUE2Xj8lr6QLM

Sounds like total b/s to me. Surely he'd be in critical care if the virus had persisted in his system for that length of time?!

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Sounds like total b/s to me. Surely he'd be in critical care if the virus had persisted in his system for that length of time?!

And how does he know he's "still contagious"?  Especially as his wife has tested negative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Ummm no.  It could be a relatively curable version but if you fuck around and don’t do what’s necessary then it can develop OVER TIME to pneumonia which is the first of the real bad stages, the one that requires hospitalisation.

I also have a Cup team person who only recently went into a coma/ventilator and was first diagnosed early on - he was the reason the NBA quit playing its basketball season and that was a long time ago.

The virus as I’ve explained feels like it goes away and then rages back much worse a second time in bad cases.  Most victims’ relatives and/or ventilator survivors report this. This could take a couple weeks or more easily. 

1 hour ago, Toast said:

And how does he know he's "still contagious"?  Especially as his wife has tested negative.

Would you be so stupid as to go near your spouse if you had the virus?  Then Why do you assign such utter selfish stupidity onto this man and his wife?  Maybe you need a crash course on virology - if you have it, you’re fucking contagious.  That’s the entire course.

SC

14 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Ummm no.  It could be a relatively curable version but if you fuck around and don’t do what’s necessary then it can develop OVER TIME to pneumonia which is the first of the real bad stages, the one that requires hospitalisation.

I also have a Cup team person who only recently went into a coma/ventilator and was first diagnosed early on - he was the reason the NBA quit playing its basketball season and that was a long time ago.

The virus as I’ve explained feels like it goes away and then rages back much worse a second time in bad cases.  Most victims’ relatives and/or ventilator survivors report this. This could take a couple weeks or more easily. 

I understand all that but you're missing the point – the article suggests he isn't seriously ill with it. He doesn't have complications like pneumonia etc. so it is an oddity that there is a combination of his body not getting rid of it, whilst being in reasonable physical condition at the same time.

He should have developed complications by now that are symptomatic of his body fighting back. Whilst I realise that some people are asymptomatic, a virus doesn't really "just sit there" for an entire month and nothing happens.

That's why I'm calling b/s on his story. I think it's the same as the Paul O'Grady one the other day. Something else was up and they're purely seeking a little press attention. I'm not just having a pop at celebs here – hearing this all the time right now from people everywhere. A minority of folk get little to no symptoms but rest assured in the vast majority of cases, when you've got it you bloody well know you've got it because it stuns you for several days.

32 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Would you be so stupid as to go near your spouse if you had the virus?  Then Why do you assign such utter selfish stupidity onto this man and his wife?  Maybe you need a crash course on virology - if you have it, you’re fucking contagious.  That’s the entire course.

In the man's own words: 

My wife (who has been by my side since Europe) tested negative.

And I know someone with a fucking degree in virology - specifically about virus spreading - so I'll take his word for it, not yours, thanks.

jesus-facepalm.jpg.cdccbbf3446ada54c2ff3a18ca3af5c4.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone lost their sense of smell and taste? Mine seems dulled and my nose is blocked. 

5 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Has anyone lost their sense of smell and taste? Mine seems dulled and my nose is blocked. 

I lost mine when I had it. In fact it was still gone a whole week after recovering from it. It will come back though, just be patient.

• Like 1

Another piece of my childhood ripped away. Who would have thought he would go before Bill Oddie.  Does he get the title of most famous British person to die of corona or is it still Eddie Large? Corona is not goodie.It's very baddie :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Another piece of my childhood ripped away. Who would have thought he would go before Bill Oddie.  Does he get the title of most famous British person to die of corona or is it still Eddie Large? Corona is not goodie.It's very baddie :(

Probally him due to having a level of international fame - the obit's mention how the Goodies was a big hits in Australia and New Zealand.

According to Jack Dee he had been told he was ill but was informed he was recovering - seems to be a pattern of recovery then death from it.

My dad is sad about that, one of the few radio 4 panel shows he listens to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I had had Tim Brook-Taylor down as the one of the Goodies I expected to last longest. Devestating news. I would say bigger than Eddie Large because he was still working

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I lost mine when I had it. In fact it was still gone a whole week after recovering from it. It will come back though, just be patient.

I went to do an essential shop in a mask and gloves then a few hours later taste and smell reduced it's completely gone now can't smell or taste anything,scary stuff. I have no idea how I caught it .