CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

10 hours ago, Death Impends said:

The Motion Picture Home has some interesting people inside, most notably DL forum regulars Ruthie Thompson and Glynis Johns, but also Helen Reddy and Joanne Linville. Will some of them fall to the 'rona?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, drol said:

The Motion Picture Home has some interesting people inside, most notably DL forum regulars Ruthie Thompson and Glynis Johns, but also Helen Reddy and Joanne Linville. Will some of them fall to the 'rona?

I was randomly thinking about Glynis earlier this morning - hopefully she will survive but once it's in a home the majority of residents will get it sadly.

• Sad 1

Sinn Fein president Mary Lou McDonald has said she has received a positive diagnosis for Covid-19. 

This came after being tested on March 28.

She said she experienced weeks of being “very unwell”, adding she had a setback to her recovery at the weekend when she developed pleurisy.

Apparantely there has been a big increase in non corona related deaths compared to other  years. Could be due to people with other conditions either not getting adequate treatment or maybe not seeking treatment because they don't want to overload the NHS.. The top medical people are very worried about it.

• Like 1

Rio de Janeiro’s governor, Wilson Witzel, has announced he has tested positive.

Also posted in oldest living footballers thread:

Cyril Lawrence, the 3rd oldest confirmed former league footballer alive has contracted coronavirus - https://www.soundhealthandlastingwealth.com/health-news/coronavirus-uk-care-home-deaths-jump-ten-fold-in-a-week/ - sadly, it really doesn't look good:

‘I never in a million years thought this would happen at the end of life. My dad is battling on but it’s just a question of time now.

‘Dad is the longest surviving player of Blackpool Rochdale and Wrexham football clubs. 

‘He’s a battler and I know he’s doing his utmost to beat this but I know he won’t. I’m waiting totally heartbroken supporting my mum. 

‘My mum will be 100 on June 3, and dad 100 on the 12th. To be cruelly taken like this is just so very sad.’ 

Mr Lawrence’s early career at sea was spent on the Arctic convoys delivering aid and essential supplies to the Soviet Union.

He represented the Royal Navy at football, appearing in exhibition matches in Cairo and Alexandria and against New South Wales at the Sydney Cricket Ground. 

1 hour ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Cyril Lawrence, the 3rd oldest confirmed former league footballer alive has contracted coronavirus - https://www.soundhealthandlastingwealth.com/health-news/coronavirus-uk-care-home-deaths-jump-ten-fold-in-a-week/ - sadly, it really doesn't look good:

‘I never in a million years thought this would happen at the end of life. My dad is battling on but it’s just a question of time now.

‘Dad is the longest surviving player of Blackpool Rochdale and Wrexham football clubs. 

‘He’s a battler and I know he’s doing his utmost to beat this but I know he won’t. I’m waiting totally heartbroken supporting my mum. 

‘My mum will be 100 on June 3, and dad 100 on the 12th. To be cruelly taken like this is just so very sad.’ 

Mr Lawrence’s early career at sea was spent on the Arctic convoys delivering aid and essential supplies to the Soviet Union.

He represented the Royal Navy at football, appearing in exhibition matches in Cairo and Alexandria and against New South Wales at the Sydney Cricket Ground. 

Old person ill. Stop press.

15 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Old person ill. Stop press.

giphy.gif.bc32775ef039d7ce894d471d237b81fa.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1

On 12/04/2020 at 07:57, ladyfiona said:

My dad is sad about that, one of the few radio 4 panel shows he listens to.

Very sad, another Willie Wonka death too...

51 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

giphy.gif.bc32775ef039d7ce894d471d237b81fa.gif

Boredom and to wind sad cunts like you up. :) Wanker.

10 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Cyril Lawrence died yesterday and got a brief obit from the Daily Mail. https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20200415/282810718405140

• Sad 1

On 30/03/2020 at 17:11, Deathrace said:

Legendary children's author, Michael Rosen, has been hospitalised and has been in ICU. 

Michael Rosen moves from ICU after 2 weeks but according to twitter is still rather poorly.

• Like 1

Portuguese immunologist Maria de Sousa, whose work was published in scientific journals and who was bestowed with numerous honours from multiple presidents, has died of coronavirus.  She was 81.

https://www.portugalresident.com/immunologist-maria-de-sousa-one-of-portugals-most-important-scientists-dies-of-covid-19/

Been very unwell these last few days. It really does hit you, couldn't get out of bed and just wanted to sleep. I've never been this sick before (appendix aside). But feeling alot better today.

Had very bad muscle aches especially in hip, knee ,shoulder and thumb joints. Smell and taste still gone muscles still aching but less so now,have developed a bit of a cough . No fever or breathing difficulties. Wife rang 111 they put us through to a medical assessor and them deemed it can be treated at home with paracetamol . 

No paracetamol for me I'm taking these. Stay safe everyone god bless. Thanks for the kind words .

IMG_20200416_130943.thumb.jpg.8fb631dec8fea69c3f485494009c5648.jpg

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Been very unwell these last few days. It really does hit you, couldn't get out of bed and just wanted to sleep. I've never been this sick before (appendix aside). But feeling alot better today.

Had very bad muscle aches especially in hip, knee ,shoulder and thumb joints. Smell and taste still gone muscles still aching but less so now,have developed a bit of a cough . No fever or breathing difficulties. Wife rang 111 they put us through to a medical assessor and them deemed it can be treated at home with paracetamol . 

No paracetamol for me I'm taking these. Stay safe everyone god bless. Thanks for the kind words .

IMG_20200416_130943.thumb.jpg.8fb631dec8fea69c3f485494009c5648.jpg

Paracetamol should be okay and will ease the symptoms of your body's response. I'd just advise you to stay clear of ibu-profen

Vitamin C and D3 are very good. I would also advise Omega 3 – it's more use against a bacteria than a virus but still effective.

• Like 1

Yeah, as one of the "vulnerable" I'd been advised against Stewart Adam's brilliant drug (to get round the block on saying brufen on here) as it can cause issues with corona apparently. Annoying as it was my go to for pain relief.

• Like 1

The thought occurs that although your listed interest has been unchanged for absolutely ages msc, it is suddenly an order of magnitude more apt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

The thought occurs that although your listed interest has been unchanged for absolutely ages msc, it is suddenly an order of magnitude more apt.

:lol:

It's from an old quip by Lemmy. "The trick to not dying is to keep breathing, mostly."

• Like 2

I did consider it might be something like that, but couldn't place it. Thanks.