CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

4 hours ago, msc said:

Yeah, as one of the "vulnerable" I'd been advised against Stewart Adam's brilliant drug (to get round the block on saying brufen on here) as it can cause issues with corona apparently. Annoying as it was my go to for pain relief.

I have read that there is no clear evidence that SPAM is something that virus carriers should not take.

I have taken a couple of those migraine tablets, which contains said ibu thingy, and it has greatly improved my muscle aches, which has had me up the last two nights in enough pain to want to top myself.

So far, I'm still alive.

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I have read that there is no clear evidence that SPAM is something that virus carriers should not take.

I have taken a couple of those migraine tablets, which contains said ibu thingy, and it has greatly improved my muscle aches, which has had me up the last two nights in enough pain to want to top myself.

So far, I'm still alive.

I can’t see the harm in spam.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I can’t see the harm in spam.

Nor me, good wholesome food.

I can't be arsed to fuck about juggling words/letters.

I'm too ill.

Another motion picture home casualty with Allen Daviau sucmbing to it - a few ddp picks live there.

If an outbreak occurred at Brinsworth and/or Denville Hall we could get quite a few notables going from

5 hours ago, BeretBleu said:

Wikipedia has it updated that his cause of death wasn’t coronavirus but rather due to COPD. Unless it was a troll who changed it...

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Wikipedia has it updated that his cause of death wasn’t coronavirus but rather due to COPD. Unless it was a troll who changed it...

That's what his family declared. Anyway some newspapers insist he was admitted for COVID.

advanced COPD + COVID would most certainly = death

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

advanced COPD + COVID would most certainly = death

That's true. Actually I'm fucking tired of the whole "underlying conditions" thing. Almost all those people did not die for their "underlying conditions", died of the damned COVID. It's like saying I have diabetes and get run over by a car, and the cause of death is given as diabetes.

Last person who died of COVID I knew was a 78-year old neighbour. He looked at least 10-15 years younger, was in full health and incredibly active. Well, he catches COVID (from his daughter who got it from another woman who is now dead) and is dead in ten days more or less. The daily bulletin from my borough (there were 5 COVID deaths in my borough yesterday)  reports "all people were suffering from underlying issues". Bullshit. A lie they initially told to calm people, but how the fuck are they continuing after dozens of healthy 30-40-50 years old have died? This guy, according to his family, only suffered from a minor episode of pneumonia three years ago. Yeah, those were the "underlying conditions". What should I say? Consider myself mincemeat, I have hypertension, have been suffering from bronchial pneumonia various times and some heart issues, I have also a blood disorder. Nothing of this influences my life in any way. But I would be just another "underlying conditions" person who dies from it.

As a side note, mortality in my borough has increased of 310% in March in comparison to last year. Only half of deaths are attributed to COVID. Guess the other were random, oh yes...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Yes - while some do have pretty bad health before hand (some of the care home victims for example) others have relatively minor conditions or nothing at all.

But many with a lot of underlying conditions like Tom Hanks don't get badly affected

22 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

But many with a lot of underlying conditions like Tom Hanks don't get badly affected

Dead within the week. I bet you 50pence 

4 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

I think I've cracked the mystery, mind - going on the photographs in the paper of this week's victims locally they all seem to have been smiley people. 

Misery is healthy, go for it!  :(

On 29/03/2020 at 16:47, drol said:

Italian Milano-Sanremo winner Pierino Gavazzi in ICU with COVID-19.

Dominican merengue singer and former Santo Domingo Mayor Johnny Ventura positive to COVID and in ICU. Was being treated for a fall and chronic bronchitis.

Argentine football legend "El Loco" Hugo Gatti in ICU in Madrid with a very serious COVID pneumonia.

Explorer Robin Hanbury-Tenison, critically ill with COVID.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-joy-of-hearing-my-father-s-voice-again

Recovering.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Great for him! Ventura has already fully recovered and the other two of the original post are recovering too.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I think I've cracked the mystery, mind - going on the photographs in the paper of this week's victims locally they all seem to have been smiley people. 

Misery is healthy, go for it!  :(

I must be a picture of health!

(I’m not - my head is on fire, my body is exhausted AND I’m off my food - that’s ALWAYS a guarantee that I’m not feeling myself :D)

Social media reporting that Matt Seligman, associated with The Soft Boys, Thomas Dolby, and the Thompson Twins among others, has suffered a stroke while recovering from coronavirus and isn’t expected to live...

• Sad 1

On 16/04/2020 at 13:44, Ulitzer95 said:

Paracetamol should be okay and will ease the symptoms of your body's response. I'd just advise you to stay clear of ibu-profen

Vitamin C and D3 are very good. I would also advise Omega 3 – it's more use against a bacteria than a virus but still effective.

Happy to report I'm feeling alot better. Muscle aches and joint aches almost gone still a little sore. The cough is more of a tickle on the throat rather than dry cough now and I seem to be coughing less and sitting in the sun for an hour today I didn't cough once.

I understand why you said be patient , very frustrating having no taste or smell to the point I'm worrying it Won't come back. Did you say about a week it took for yours to come back? I did eat a bit of chocolate before and I could've sworn I tasted some slightly but now I'm wondering if I just imagined it. 

Ibu- profen I keep well away from I've notice  they seem to make emptying your bladder harder, haven't took them in years since that.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Happy to report I'm feeling alot better. Muscle aches and joint aches almost gone still a little sore. The cough is more of a tickle on the throat rather than dry cough now and I seem to be coughing less and sitting in the sun for an hour today I didn't cough once.

I understand why you said be patient , very frustrating having no taste or smell to the point I'm worrying it Won't come back. Did you say about a week it took for yours to come back? I did eat a bit of chocolate before and I could've sworn I tasted some slightly but now I'm wondering if I just imagined it. 

Ibu- profen I keep well away from I've notice  they seem to make emptying your bladder harder, haven't took them in years since that.

Yes, patience is key. Longest I lost my taste and smell for was about a fortnight after a really nasty chest infection back when I was a smoker. If it persists beyond the weekend maybe try a saline spray? Other than that there’s nothing you can do. Just have to wait for your body to reset itself.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Congratulations! Hope you continue to get better quickly

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Social media reporting that Matt Seligman, associated with The Soft Boys, Thomas Dolby, and the Thompson Twins among others, has suffered a stroke while recovering from coronavirus and isn’t expected to live...

Matthew Seligman dead.

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Dead.

10 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Glad to hear this mate, fingers crossed for a speedy return to normality. 

• Like 1