CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

On 18/04/2020 at 14:01, Boudicca said:

That makes all kinds of sense. Thank you.

Ditto msc's suggestion of a pet tiger.

I was absolutely floored by it and tbh didn't help I had nobody to make me food because I'm usually borderline underweight anyways. My pal getting Marmite toast slid under his door, I was so jealous!

But feed a cold, starve a fever my granny said. 

I'm not sure how this applies to tigers @msc

How long did yours take to clear up?  I'm feeling alot better almost my old self taste and smell is coming back but still have a persistent cough That gets worse in the night. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that @the_engineer

Few weeks. I keep thinking I'm better so I overdo it, then get booted all over again. I've never been so ill I can't walk two miles to the shop for more than one or two days. I smoked through pleurisy when I smoked and gave not one fuck. This is something else all right. It ain't man flu and it affects you XY people even more. 

I don't so much sleep as burn up and hallucinate with my eyes closed. 

I ate today for the first time in almost a week so all that doesn't help. Taste and smell like you say, you honestly can't be hooped but you should try.

Coughing at night is shite. You never get the rest you really need. 

I think this IS the mild version though. Someone I know is likely dead within two days. 

So I think we're okay.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Boudicca said:

Sorry to hear that @the_engineer

Few weeks. I keep thinking I'm better so I overdo it, then get booted all over again. I've never been so ill I can't walk two miles to the shop for more than one or two days. I smoked through pleurisy when I smoked and gave not one fuck. This is something else all right. It ain't man flu and it affects you XY people even more. 

I don't so much sleep as burn up and hallucinate with my eyes closed. 

I ate today for the first time in almost a week so all that doesn't help. Taste and smell like you say, you honestly can't be hooped but you should try.

Coughing at night is shite. You never get the rest you really need. 

I think this IS the mild version though. Someone I know is likely dead within two days. 

So I think we're okay.

Yea it's keeping me up now :( .Totally get how this kills vulnerable people. I'm not unhealthy aside from being a little overweight BMI 26 and I was bedridden for 3 days . Literally had no energy and couldn't get up. The muscle aches especially the joints were just awful. I dislocated my shoulder last year and it inflamed that shoulder again worse than other joints. This disease seems to have many ways to attack the body.

Anyway those issues eased then the cough started , just happy the taste and smell are returning though currently I can only taste sweet things which ain't to bad :D great excuse to eat all the junk food.

• Haha 1

If you can get the junk food. Harry Gow's Dream Rings aren't always available :(

I don't think your BMI sounds over. I got absolute telt when mine got down to 16 but I'm likely smaller so about right I'd say.

I know it sounds obvious but might you get exhausted enough to sleep semi upright perhaps? And keep with the fluids and the vitamin D (difficult if you can't go out, I know)

We're twenty years too young to be interested in the medical issues of our friends, colleagues and acquaintances, but this is what this thing has done to us!

And also can one of the admins please split this thread into notable victims and just non obitable Deathlisters etc please?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Yea it's keeping me up now :( .Totally get how this kills vulnerable people. I'm not unhealthy aside from being a little overweight BMI 26 and I was bedridden for 3 days . Literally had no energy and couldn't get up. The muscle aches especially the joints were just awful. I dislocated my shoulder last year and it inflamed that shoulder again worse than other joints. This disease seems to have many ways to attack the body.

Anyway those issues eased then the cough started , just happy the taste and smell are returning though currently I can only taste sweet things which ain't to bad :D great excuse to eat all the junk food.

BMI is a load of shite, mind you.  Just saying.

My best BMI was when I was chronically underweight and visiting A&E for lung problems! Now that I keep regular exercise (the lockdown is getting in the way somewhat) to battle my asthma, and eat properly, I am a lot better health wise than I was then, and my BMI is much worse!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, the_engineer said:

I'm feeling alot better almost my old self taste and smell is coming back but still have a persistent cough That gets worse in the night. 

For a cough I always keep pholcodine linctus in the house.  Unbranded and cheap, usually have to ask for it at the pharmacy counter. 

I'm not sure it's as effective as it used to be as I fear that as usual they may have removed the ingredient that made it work :rolleyes: but it always used to help me get off to sleep when the cough was at its worst.  Try it and see.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, msc said:

BMI is a load of shite, mind you.  Just saying.

My best BMI was when I was chronically underweight and visiting A&E for lung problems! Now that I keep regular exercise (the lockdown is getting in the way somewhat) to battle my asthma, and eat properly, I am a lot better health wise than I was then, and my BMI is much worse!

I agree but this BMI bollocks gets drummed into you . BMI always feels like you're fighting a losing battle. My weight is stable on 26 , I did get it to 24 for a few months but I had headaches and didn't exactly feel healthy. 

4 hours ago, Toast said:

For a cough I always keep pholcodine linctus in the house.  Unbranded and cheap, usually have to ask for it at the pharmacy counter. 

I'm not sure it's as effective as it used to be as I fear that as usual they may have removed the ingredient that made it work :rolleyes: but it always used to help me get off to sleep when the cough was at its worst.  Try it and see.

I'll have a look for that toast. 

• Like 2

Nothing on Tony Lloyd MP. Last update was 6 days ago which said he was still "very poorly" but responding to treatment. He was put into ICU two weeks ago now...

As far as I can tell all other current British MPs who have had it have recovered – Nadine Dorries, William Wragg, Boris Johnson, Matt Hancock, Virendra Sharma, Tom Hunt, Tim Farron, Russell Lloyd Moyle, Ben Everitt, Cat Smith, Ben Wallace, Giles Watling, Brendan Clarke-Smith, Stuart Anderson, Christian Wakeford, Alister Jack, Angela Rayner and Kate Osborne.

Anyone else?

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nothing on Tony Lloyd MP. Last update was 6 days ago which said he was still "very poorly" but responding to treatment. He was put into ICU two weeks ago now...

As far as I can tell all other current British MPs who have had it have recovered – Nadine Dorries, William Wragg, Boris Johnson, Matt Hancock, Virendra Sharma, Tom Hunt, Tim Farron, Russell Lloyd Moyle, Ben Everitt, Cat Smith, Ben Wallace, Giles Watling, Brendan Clarke-Smith, Stuart Anderson, Christian Wakeford, Alister Jack, Angela Rayner and Kate Osborne.

Anyone else?

Probably some who haven’t mentioned having mild symptoms.

Reports from Austria suggest this is likely to lead to a massive increase in COPD in the composing years. 

we might massively see life exptency drop in the places where lots of younger people got it mildly, 

In fact some people I know have reported permanent lung damage. A small part of those who got it, anyway...

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Was hoping DI might forget about him with a new Cup round next week...

• Haha 1

Odds are he will either be dead or be recovering  by the end of the month anyway. 

4 minutes ago, drol said:

In fact some people I know have reported permanent lung damage. A small part of those who got it, anyway...

Which is still millions of people. 
In 10-20 years time we might see the average age of the death list drop down. 

How are you doing anyway, @drol

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

How are you doing anyway, @drol

Well, gladly I never caught it! I still went to work almost everyday during the emergency; now active cases (read "sick people") seems to be steadily decreasing in Italy. The worst is over, but no one is too sure about so called "phase 2" as we need to be extremely careful.

• Like 4

Tony Lloyd MP is out of ICU and "is on the mend" according to statement from a local Rochdale councillor on Twitter. 

• Like 1

Most of the politicians with coronavirus seem to have done a lot better than the retired footballers 

7 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Most of the politicians with coronavirus seem to have done a lot better than the retired footballers 

Better underlying health plus maybe slightly more prompt treatment.

2 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Politicians likely whine at the slightest symptom, and seek treatment immediately.  Retired footballers, well....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Unless if you're from Italy or Iran.

13 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Unless if you're from Italy or Iran.

What Italian politicians have died from coronavirus? Only majors of small towns, not very notable.