CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

35 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Given how long Sooty has worked with him I’m surprised he has said nothing about this.......

He used to talk quite normally until the day Corbett Snr's hand first went where it shouldn't have. Now all he can do is whisper into a police victim support officer's ear. It's all very sad, really.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

What kind of state is this? 

State of Indeepindanse.

With apologies to Donna Summer and Camille Saint-Saëns.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

So they tried to wake up Derek Draper from coma, but he remains unconscious:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/kate-garraway-leaning-pal-myleene-22288389

What kind of state is this?

A vegetative state? 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 00:43, msc said:

iirc his early TV retirement was due to a longstanding health issue (MS? Parkinsons?) that would be problematic with covid, but I can't find what it was from a cursory Google glance.

He battled leukemia - but parted from Sooty 23 years ago. Long story after that as Sooty fell into the hands of an investment company who then sold out the interests to the people who managed a range of British child-friendly brands - like Thomas the Tank Engine. The Sooty company was asset stripped to the point their own rehearsal studios were sold off and Sooty and his pals went into a bigger stable which then lost a ton of cash on a Thomas Tank movie, eventually opening the way to an employee buy-out that put Sooty's business (literally) back in the hand that was also up his arse - presenter Richard Cadell, who bears a passing resemblance to Matthew Corbett. 

The high profile days, however, might take some reclaiming - the current (postponed) tour dates include the vast urban conurbations of Orsett and Selsey.

richard-avatar@2x.png

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

richard-avatar@2x.png

I must say Sooty and Sweep seem to be in cracking good nick for their age.   Reckon they've been at the Botox?

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Tea Party goon Herman Cain hospitalized with coronavirus

If he didn't had children, he would be a candidate for a Darwin award. Attending a rally for Trump, knowing full well AS A DOCTOR that this virus was everywhere.  Hope the fucker suffers, he deserves it.

• Like 1

Chiu Chuang-huan might be another for the list - we've been told he died of pneumonia, a known side effect of the virus.

But for all my bloody luck, he probably just had pneumonia.

12 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

Chiu Chuang-huan might be another for the list - we've been told he died of pneumonia, a known side effect of the virus.

But for all my bloody luck, he probably just had pneumonia.

He had normal pneumonia in early February, was discharged but never fully recovered. Not COVID. 

Just now, drol said:

He had normal pneumonia in early February, was discharged but never fully recovered. Not COVID. 

Right. Of course. Thanks @drol

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 15:45, gcreptile said:

Nick Cordero is now free of the virus but probably needs a double lung transplant, after he already lost a leg:

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/02/nick-cordero-covid-negative/

Or Nick Cordero could just die: https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/07/05/reports-rip-nick-cordero-tony-nominated-broadway-star-who-spent-91-days-in-hospital-with-covid

Yep, reports he's gorn.

• Sad 1

Honestly it’s a bit relieving to see him go. His quality of life would’ve been pretty bad had he lived. Definitely no way to go at all. RIP to him. 

• Like 1

All terribly exciting, the death deniers are out in force.

Source seems to have been a blue tick Twitter poster.

I guess I'll wake up and find out in a few hours.

idk if it was just me but he seemed in better shape than Draper

1 hour ago, Banana said:

idk if it was just me but he seemed in better shape than Draper

I thought that for a while too but after a June update I thought they were both fucked. 

Keisha Lance-Bottoms

The 50 year old Mayor Of Atlanta who was on the shortlist for being a VP pick by Biden has tested positive for the Corona Virus