CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

So who's next? Chiwenga? Kembo Mohadi? The Crocodile himself?

18 hours ago, drol said:

So who's next? Chiwenga? Kembo Mohadi? The Crocodile himself?

Chiwenga was just airlifted to China, for about the 23rd time. According to rumours, he also tested positive.

https://news.pindula.co.zw/2021/01/23/vp-chiwenga-airlifted-to-china-cozwva/

Considering he probably has cancer, I think he's a very likely candidate for fatality no. 5.

26 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Chiwenga was just airlifted to China, for about the 23rd time. According to rumours, he also tested positive.

Considering he probably has cancer, I think he's a very likely candidate for fatality no. 5.

Not the most reliable source, though, I'd say.

Billy Ryan, a New Jersey guitar legend who played with several musicians who'd later become part of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, has died from COVID-19 complications. He was 76. Ryan was in bands with Steven Van Zandt, Garry Tallent and Clarence Clemons.

https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/01/25/billy-ryan-asbury-park-guitar-legend-who-played-pre-e-street-bands-has-died-covid/6697800002/

• Like 1

Carlos Holmes Trujillo, Colombian Minister of Defence, has died. Held other Ministerial posts including Education (92-93), Interior (97-98) and Foreign Affairs (18-19). He had been serving as Defence Minister since 2019.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2021 at 14:31, drol said:

Armen Sarkysan's conditions deteriorated: hospitalised with bilateral pneumonia and high fever.

Discharged, but "has not recovered yet".

On 23/01/2021 at 14:57, gcreptile said:

Fake news. Chiwenga will be at SB Moyo's funeral tomorrow, he is not positive nor in China.

I was watching tonights news with tears in my eyes  watching the relatives of some of the 100,000 dead of corona in the UK Who would have thought so many would die from it so soon.. We are so used to talking about death maybe we sometimes forget the effect it has on their relatives and friends.I hope we all  get vaccinated as fast as possible... R.I.P to them all. :( (apart from Peter Sutcliffe, obviously)

• Like 1

Basketball Writer-journalist  Sekou Smith has died from Covid at age 44

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Does Captain Tom have his own thread?

I have no clue

On 22/01/2021 at 13:57, drol said:

Indeed it is spreading to Africaa and data are dramatically underestimated. Among nations heavily hit are Swaziland (both Prime Minister and Anglican Bishop of eSwatini dead from it), South Africa, Namibia (disappointed Nujoma survived), Zimbabwe (two government ministers dead), Burundi (likely Nkurunziza himself and former President Buyoya) and Ghana (former president Rawlings). Kenya and Tanzania seems to have been spared for now. Notable deaths are quite the only way to monitor the pandemic in those places, sadly death of common people is not really noted.

Zanzibar VP Seif Sharif Hamad hospitalised with COVID. The current President of Zanzibar is Hussein Mwinyi, son of decrepit Tanzanian strongman Ali Hassan Mwinyi, who might be at risk.

14 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Does Captain Tom have his own thread?

Yes he does. He is the 50th person on the Death List for 2021 - and now his page is now linked to that. The original page was actually made earlier in 2020. 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2021 at 14:23, drol said:

President of Armenia, Armen Sarksyan, positive and symptomatic after receiving surgery in a London hospital.

Mongolian Sumo champion Hakuho Sho tests positive, but asymptomatic.

Italian former President of Senate Franco Marini in sub-ICU with respiratory failure due to COVID.

Discharged.

The legendary Amr Moussa from "I hate Israel but I love Amr Moussa" song has recovered from COVID-19 which required his hospitalization earlier in the month.

On 28/01/2021 at 17:20, Ulitzer95 said:

Engelbert Humperdinck and his wife have tested positive and he’s asking fans for prayers.

He’s 84. She’s 85 and has had Alzheimer’s for 10 years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9194487/Engelbert-Humperdinck-reveals-hes-got-Covid-19-asks-fans-send-prayers-wife-Patricia.html

Probably worth noting that he hasn’t tweeted since January 29th now, two days after he posted the news of a positive test.

Not sure if that means Hump himself is in bad health but not looking good for his wife.

40 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Probably worth noting that he hasn’t tweeted since January 29th now, two days after he posted the news of a positive test.

Not sure if that means Hump himself is in bad health but not looking good for his wife.

Wouldn't necessarily read anything into just yet. Has gaps of 5-6 days without tweets in early Jan 

Only one cardinal (Eusebio Scheid) has died of COVID till now. The mighty virus tries with another one, this time Honduran cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga, 78 and in hospital after showing symptoms. Reports that he was gravely ill were denied by the diocese, but he is not doing too well anyway.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, drol said:

Only one cardinal (Eusebio Scheid) has died of COVID till now. The mighty virus tries with another one, this time Honduran cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga, 78 and in hospital after showing symptoms. Reports that he was gravely ill were denied by the diocese, but he is not doing too well anyway.

"Cardinal Rodríguez Maradiaga, in a May 2002 interview with the Italian Catholic publication 30 Giorni, claimed that to divert attention from the Israeli-Palestinian crisis, Jews influenced the media to exploit the current controversy regarding sexual abuse by Catholic priests."

Seems like a nice chap.

• Haha 1

On 28/01/2021 at 17:20, Ulitzer95 said:

Engelbert Humperdinck and his wife have tested positive and he’s asking fans for prayers.

He’s 84. She’s 85 and has had Alzheimer’s for 10 years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9194487/Engelbert-Humperdinck-reveals-hes-got-Covid-19-asks-fans-send-prayers-wife-Patricia.html

Her diagnosis is likely a bonus for him, mind

She probably thinks he's still famous

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Mrs Hump has died (Patricia, Mrs Englebert Humperdinck)

• Like 3