CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

Pelosi tested positive

Just a normal positive test wouldn't be relevant enough to post here, but should note that she's in her 80s, so might have bearing

1 hour ago, CastAway said:

Pelosi tested positive

Just a normal positive test wouldn't be relevant enough to post here, but should note that she's in her 80s, so might have bearing

Think it’s important to add that she was in close proximity to Biden whilst unmasked at a White House event a day ago.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/nancy-pelosi-tests-positive-for-covid-19-was-at-white-house-with-biden-20220408-p5abuq.html

Can we stop discussing about the common cold?

That's what it has become honestly. Number of COVID deaths on wiki has been the lowest for months. Bit anacronistic posts above.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, drol said:

Can we stop discussing about the common cold?

That's what it has become honestly. Number of COVID deaths on wiki has been the lowest for months. Bit anacronistic posts above.

Disagree. We are one or two mutations away from 2020. We can't do much to stop it, but that also doesn't mean we should stop discussing it.

If you can show me statistics saying someone with the common cold has similar chances of survival/death as COVID-19, you might have a point.

I think the point really is that the pandemic has become endemic, (largely through mishandling it worldwide) to the extent where people testing positive is not newsworthy in the slightest. And it is less dangerous now, both through mutations and the vast majority being vaccinated.

It’s only worth posting in this thread if someone has just died of Covid.

• Like 4

While I wouldn’t underestimate COVID I certainly don’t think it’s as threatening as it was in 2020. 

7 minutes ago, TQR said:

I think the point really is that the pandemic has become endemic, (largely through mishandling it worldwide) to the extent where people testing positive is not newsworthy in the slightest. And it is less dangerous now, both through mutations and the vast majority being vaccinated.

It’s only worth posting in this thread if someone has just died of Covid.

I can agree with that

On 06/01/2022 at 22:06, drol said:

DJ Kay Slay (wikion life support with COVID.

Might be a case again, but he is not vaccinated.

Almost five months to die... definitely took his biscuit.

I had to look 3 1/2 pages in to find this thread.  That’s cuz almost no one dies from COVID anymore.  
Ahhh, but lookie!  Imagine an Ambassador to China catching COVID.  I know, right?

The Philippines' ambassador to China, Jose Santiago "Chito" Sta. Romana passed away while in coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine, the country's Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) informed. He was 74. Up

SC

On 24/04/2022 at 09:27, gcreptile said:

Bujar Nishani, the former president of Albania is currently being treated in a Berlin (!) hospital for bilateral pneumonia and respiratory failure after his COVID infection:

https://albaniandailynews.com/news/meta-wishes-speedy-recovery-to-former-president-nishani

Bujar Nishani reportedly dead: https://english.a2news.com/2022/05/28/former-albanian-president-bujar-nishani-passed-away-at-55/

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

On 10/06/2021 at 16:39, gcreptile said:

In this context, Azam Khan, the Cup and MMMDP pick, still hospitalised even though he's COVID negative now:

https://www.livehindustan.com/uttar-pradesh/story-sp-mp-and-former-minister-azam-khan-from-rampur-admitted-to-medanta-hospital-in-lucknow-had-trouble-urinating-4106700.html

However, he's had a bladder infection which is now under control. And several other infections, for example, in his lung. Still, he's "stable". 

For the "crooks trying to avoid jail" series, Azam Khan back in hospital.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 09:26, gcreptile said:

Derek Draper actually seems to finally be improving.

Here he's pictured on a wheelchair in the garden:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10616953/Kate-Garraways-frail-husband-Derek-Draper-smiles-creates-garden.html

Derek Draper spending considerable time in hospital lately, according to Kate Garraway.

Good Morning Britain presenter Kate Garraway  tweets news confirming  that her husband former political adviser  Derek  Draper is  in intensive care  fighting for his life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Good Morning Britain presenter Kate Garraway  tweets news confirming  that her husband former political adviser  Derek  Draper is  in intensive care  fighting for his life.

Hope he can hang on for a bit longer.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 11:12, gcreptile said:

Azam Khan discharged . Of course.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2022 at 15:37, gcreptile said:

Derek Draper's problem was/is a sepsis in his kidneys. They could save one, and are still trying to save the other:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11068277/Kate-Garraway-reveals-Derek-Draper-hospitalised-sepsis.html

Derek Draper back in hospital for kidney surgery.

• Like 1