CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

On 13/10/2022 at 13:32, drol said:

Derek Draper hospitalised again, this time with sepsis.

Yaaaaawn.

Kate garraway on TV complaining that she had to miss Princess of Wales Carol service to go to see her husband in hospital.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-kate-garraway-dashes-hospital-28801691.amp

I know she is not allowed to say it on TV but I can't help thinking he would be top of her personal death list for 2023.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Kate garraway on TV complaining that she had to miss Princess of Wales Carol service to go to see her husband in hospital.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-kate-garraway-dashes-hospital-28801691.amp

I know she is not allowed to say it on TV but I can't help thinking he would be top of her personal death list for 2023.

Oooh,  BTL comments not very sympathetic.

On 23/12/2022 at 22:55, arghton said:

The other ancients:

Zhang Jinzhe 张金哲 102-year-old pediatric surgery expert

I bet atleast one or two will be dead by 2023.

Zhang Jinzhe dead at 102.

• Like 2

#11: Wang Zhongqi dead at 90.

• Like 2

Tong Tanjun, member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences , reportedly dead at 88.

Close but no cigar for #12.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drol said:

Actually, he counts. If you look at my initial post of tallies, one of them was from the Chinese Academy of Sciences.

I regret taking 14. I think there could be in excess of 20 at this rate.

It looks to me like Chinese have decided to get rid of old people in their country this time with more deadly virus.

• Facepalm 7

3 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

It looks to me like Chinese have decided to get rid of old people in their country this time with more deadly virus.

Can you stop your complotist non-sense? Even Mr Sulu looks interesting in comparaison

16 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Can you stop your complotist non-sense? Even Mr Sulu looks interesting in comparaison

Ok, I supose you have better explanation of why they've started dying all of a sudden  in the time of massive protests...

• Facepalm 2

21 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Sir, it’s Christmas Day. Search for something better to do than spout utter shite on here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Ok, I supose you have better explanation of why they've started dying all of a sudden  in the time of massive protests...

There are many other reasons to it. Plenty of others, much more reasonable and logical reasons. If the only one you come up with is « the Chinese government decided to release a deadly virus to get rid of them » then I suggest you to search for help. 

Reasons are apparent. After two years of zero covid policy, all policies were abruptly released and virus diffusion skyrocketed. Sinovac is not that effective and percentage of vaccinated people is low. A huge number of elders hanging in by a thread makes the rest.

I still think COVID swept a wing of some Bejing hospital for academics, as it happened for nursing homes in the west. Everything was just delayed rather than avoided.

Still the vast majority of our favorite longevity freaks will survive this with no harm.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

There are many other reasons to it. Plenty of others, much more reasonable and logical reasons. If the only one you come up with is « the Chinese government decided to release a deadly virus to get rid of them » then I suggest you to search for help. 

Well, they've released covid19 from laboratory and USA has laboratories for biological weapons all over the world so I think it's logical to assume that they're about to release a deadlier virus because both China and USA have been in crisis for some time.

• Facepalm 5

China has used a lot of money and resources to keep them alive, they get the best medical care in the world. 

Wan Haifeng was very ill two years ago at 100 and looked dead in pictures. Still alive.

Zou Yu was gravely ill at 97 in 2017. Still alive.

Hu Qili was gravely ill and dying at 89 in 2018. Still alive.

Zhang Lixiong was very ill for months in 2020 at 107. Gained 10 kilograms back and recovered.

There are lots of similar examples. Also, nearly all the other living Long March vets are getting similar, likely state-funded care. Why would they suddenly decide they want to kill them off, and with some mysterious "more deadly virus" made to kill old Chinese people? Simply a stupid mistake by the Chinese govt. Your theories sound almost as odd as the ones from the Falun Gong-owned medias

• Like 2

Wiki also has a South Korean death now. That Chinese wave is spreading.

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Wiki also has a South Korean death now. That Chinese wave is spreading.

That guy had been in a coma for complications since April.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drol said:

Apparently he died following a fall 

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Apparently he died following a fall 

Because the new virus could not kill him, so they pushed him.

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Yes, the Chinese government you know, because not eveyrone dies of covid or something like that 

7 minutes ago, drol said:

fuck the ccp

• Like 1

9 hours ago, arghton said:

Zhang Lixiong was very ill for months in 2020 at 107. Gained 10 kilograms back and recovered.

On Major General ZL, he's apparently recently been interviewed recently and there are some images and parts of the interview on weibo (link) but not the actual whole interview. Apparently he wishes that "young people would defeat covid" or something. (Could be, likely, probably, maybe referring to the 80-something, 90-something academics, Tong Tanjun and the others died prematurely)

zhanglixiong.thumb.jpg.d26ff31038c8aef3ebf3580447a26391.jpg

If this is actually new, he looks amazing compared to what he looked like a year ago. (Still going to be on my Centenarians DP team though)

#13: Wu Chengkang, dead at 93.

• Like 4