CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

14 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I went to do an essential shop in a mask and gloves then a few hours later taste and smell reduced it's completely gone now can't smell or taste anything,scary stuff. I have no idea how I caught it .

Stay safe mate hopefully you'll recover quickly and IF it's the virus itll be mild. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I had had Tim Brook-Taylor down as the one of the Goodies I expected to last longest. Devestating news. I would say bigger than Eddie Large because he was still working

My first memory of watching any comedy shows on TV was The Goodies so this is very sad news

• Like 1

Shane Powers has tested postivie for Covid-19

More of a fringey name. Was a popular contestant on the Series Survivor who had a few acting credits to his name before the show.

2 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Stay safe mate hopefully you'll recover quickly and IF it's the virus itll be mild. 

Thanks Phil you stay safe too man. This virus is a devil of a disease , developed muscle pains in the last few hours.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Thanks Phil you stay safe too man. This virus is a devil of a disease , developed muscle pains in the last few hours.

Aw, bummer. Hope you'll recover quickly. All the best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Your muscles spasms are symptomatic of your mentally spasticity not Covid. 

From the BBC. Former Israeli chief rabbi dies with coronavirus

A former chief rabbi of Israel has died with Covid-19 - the highest profile death from the disease in the country.

Eliyahu Bakshi-Doron, 79, was chief rabbi of the Sephardi community - Jews or their descendants from the Iberian Peninsula, North Africa and the Middle East - from 1993 to 2003. He was noted, among other things, for his work in promoting interfaith dialogue.

1 hour ago, Bentrovato said:

From the BBC. Former Israeli chief rabbi dies with coronavirus

A former chief rabbi of Israel has died with Covid-19 - the highest profile death from the disease in the country.

Eliyahu Bakshi-Doron, 79, was chief rabbi of the Sephardi community - Jews or their descendants from the Iberian Peninsula, North Africa and the Middle East - from 1993 to 2003. He was noted, among other things, for his work in promoting interfaith dialogue.

:clivedunn:

• Confused 1

George Stephanopoulos from ABC news has the  virus: 

• Like 1

Video game voice actor Rick May (the Soldier in Team Fortress 2) dead of coronavirus:

• Like 1

On 25/03/2020 at 11:54, MrWonderful said:

NBA star Karl-Anthony Towns posted an emotional Instagram message in which he says his mother is in a medically-induced coma as she battles coronavirus.  OK, so his mom isn't directly notable, but still.  

On 25/03/2020 at 13:23, Il Magneto said:

Basketballer Karl Anthony Towns mother is in induced coma with Corona. Appealing to a generation of unconcerned American kids to take this thing seriously

Obit for Jacqueline Cruz-Towns, Karl Anthony Towns' mother https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29030877/mother-timberwolves-star-karl-anthony-towns-dies-due-complications-coronavirus

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Video game voice actor Rick May (the Soldier in Team Fortress 2) dead of coronavirus:

That's honestly some crappy news.

Can I add Trump's sanity as a victim?

5 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Can I add Trump's sanity as a victim?

Well, he'd have needed to have some pre-virus for it to have fallen victim to the pandemic, so...

(I vote no, i say he didn't have any sanity to start with for it to have fallen victim to this)

• Like 1

On 29/03/2020 at 18:34, The Old Crem said:

Former Welsh Assembly member William Powell is seriously ill with coronavirus