Sign in to follow this  
Grim Up North

Coronavirus Playlist

This going around on Twitter: 

EUwsuQHXsAMOMY5.png.6cf1cacf939378fbf9856a2e786d0161.png

Mine is (in the UK) Dizzee Rascal & Calvin Harris - Dance Wiv Me. How socially irresponsible.

Everyone else?

Well, I was wondering which charts to pick, german or American? Well, the german no. 1 was "I Swear" by Boyz II Men. Which somehow, is more American than the Billboard no. 1 "Stay" by Lisa Loeb. Of course, the latter is a better quarantine song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Like 1

On 04/04/2020 at 17:34, The Quim Reaper said:

Mine is (in the UK) Dizzee Rascal & Calvin Harris - Dance Wiv Me. How socially irresponsible.

Everyone else?

Hello, Goodby by the Beatles ( you can`t make this stuff up!) :D Also Cream released an album with two notable singles : Strange Brew and Sunshine of your love. 

• Like 2

On 04/04/2020 at 09:34, The Quim Reaper said:

Everyone else?

All You Need Is Love.  By some obscure band I've never heard of.

What you really need is a vaccine.

• Shocked 2

4 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

All You Need Is Love.  By some obscure band I've never heard of.

What you really need is a vaccine.

How gdamn old ARE you? 

25 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

How gdamn old ARE you? 

Oops, apparently old enough for the Alzheimer's to be setting in.  I entered my year of birth without registering that.  When I was 12, it was Bad Girls in my neck of the woods, but if I was American it would have been My Sharona.  We Don't Talk Anymore in the UK.  Interestingly, those first 2 are on my running playlist.

So, old, but not that old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I found this absolutely raging live version of "It's A Sin" and all my gay and dancer FB friends are now on a conference call schedule to do this. Sorry @Paul Bearer @msc @Sir Creep @Lord Fellatio Nelson you are not invited. I'll make it up to you. I'll send GIFs or something.

2 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Oops, apparently old enough for the Alzheimer's to be setting in.  I entered my year of birth without registering that.  When I was 12, it was Bad Girls in my neck of the woods, but if I was American it would have been My Sharona.  We Don't Talk Anymore in the UK.  Interestingly, those first 2 are on my running playlist.

So, old, but not that old.

Well I saw that question posted on FB a couple weeks ago from a very good friend and musician now in the U.K., and I vomited in my mouth and everyone got to laugh at me :( when I discovered that (using Billboard not U.K. charts) in its 11 weeks on the charts, in June of 1975 it spent two weeks in the top spot: Love Will Keep Us Together - Capt & Tenille.  I defy anyone to beat that for worst song and you can use any charts you like France Senegal Aussie it won’t matter.

SirC

It's one of those phishing things that infest social media, designed to draw people into giving away vital information about themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Well I saw that question posted on FB a couple weeks ago from a very good friend and musician now in the U.K., and I vomited in my mouth and everyone got to laugh at me :( when I discovered that (using Billboard not U.K. charts) in its 11 weeks on the charts, in June of 1975 it spent two weeks in the top spot: Love Will Keep Us Together - Capt & Tenille.  I defy anyone to beat that for worst song and you can use any charts you like France Senegal Aussie it won’t matter.

SirC

When Captain died last year, I went to have a listen to their stuff, and YouTube brought up that song. And after a few seconds listening, my mind was blown. Why? Because one of the early Simpsons has a scene where the greeting card companies join forces to create Love Day, a new holiday designed to make them even more money. Anyhow, Homer gets and throws away a teddy bear which plays "Love Day music", including a 10 second snippet which I had thought was Danny Elfman or Alf Clausen perfectly taking the piss out of the sort of ultra schmaltzy music you get on these things. And that's what I thought for 25 years...until last year, when I suddenly found it they were actually playing the opening 10 seconds of Love Will Keep Us Together by the Captain and Tenille.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

It's one of those phishing things that infest social media, designed to draw people into giving away vital information about themselves.

Doh! So I should avoid the next site that offers to tell my fortune, for free, based on my Social Security number?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Doh! So I should avoid the next site that offers to tell my fortune, for free, based on my Social Security number?

:lol:

While not as blatant as that, a lot of seemingly innocuous stuff can add up to identify people, and assist in cracking passwords.

• Like 1

'When a child is born' Johnny Mathis.

Surprised this song hasn’t appeared yet: 

And on that note:

So many feelings Pent up in here

Left all alone, I'm with The one I most fear

I'm sick and I'm tired Of reasoning

Just wanna break out Shake off this skin

I, I can't Escape myself

Ironically the singer committed suicide in 1999.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

So many feelings Pent up in here

Left all alone, I'm with The one I most fear

I'm sick and I'm tired Of reasoning

Just wanna break out Shake off this skin

I, I can't Escape myself

Ironically the singer committed suicide in 1999.  

Best one yet IMHO.

Just turned on Union Jack radio by mistake. Interesting to note that the DJ just banged on about their Pandemic Playlist. Then played It Must be Love by Madness. They have a much different view of this sort of list than this site has. 

In my Premier League DeathList they go ... Roy Hodgson, Alex Ferguson, Sir Bobby Robson and Robert "Bobby" Charlton ... they all already have a rojadirecta