Lord Fellatio Nelson

What are you doing to kill the boredom.

Write an English singing translation of Vivaldi's L'Olimpiade.

View a load of (mostly obscure operatic) DVDs I've accumulated in recent years and never watched.

Try to avoid watching too much of  the Complete Ally McBeal box set that GAB is planning on watching.

Try really hard to discourage GAB's notion that this is a great opportunity to have a massive spring clean/clearout.

Try and do some fun things with the young wombles, who are going to have to spend a lot more time around GAB and I over the next few months than they had anticipated, particularly the older one who - having thoroughly enjoyed the first half of his first year at Uni - is now stuck back home with us for the next 6 months.

11 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Try really hard to discourage GAB's notion that this is a great opportunity to have a massive spring clean/clearout.

The charity shops are all closed and so are the tips.  Does that help?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been learning quite a lot from the kids' online schooling.

And I've learnt to contemplate my own mortality, living in a country which has 88 ventilators for 250m people.

What do you do when your headlight fills up with rain water and acts like a goldfish bowl?thumbnail_20200322_101216.thumb.jpg.3a95f6437b3cb8fdd93c650f9b410e7b.jpg

You rip the bastard thing out, and its partner and replace with fresh ones.

thumbnail_20200322_102322.thumb.jpg.74efe7ef0191166fc3ffc63afe97d208.jpg

One of those jobs that has been waiting to be done for ages and, thanks to the lockdown and me being bored shitless, it finally got done.

I am, by nature, a lazy bastard. Once I am out doing something, however, then I can work with the best of them.

Stuff like this is what I am good at, I aint good at much but this kinda stuff I can do.

I have me old dad to thank for that.

It has been a very productive week, I have to pace myself, still two weeks to go.

If I finish it all up too soon I shall be climbing the fucking walls.:(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

What do you do when your headlight fills up with rain water and acts like a goldfish bowl?thumbnail_20200322_101216.thumb.jpg.3a95f6437b3cb8fdd93c650f9b410e7b.jpg

You rip the bastard thing out, and its partner and replace with fresh ones.

thumbnail_20200322_102322.thumb.jpg.74efe7ef0191166fc3ffc63afe97d208.jpg

One of those jobs that has been waiting to be done for ages and, thanks to the lockdown and me being bored shitless, it finally got done.

I am, by nature, a lazy bastard. Once I am out doing something, however, then I can work with the best of them.

Stuff like this is what I am good at, I aint good at much but this kinda stuff I can do.

I have me old dad to thank for that.

It has been a very productive week, I have to pace myself, still two weeks to go.

If I finish it all up too soon I shall be climbing the fucking walls.:(

Nice, is that a Pontiac Firebird?

7 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Nice, is that a Pontiac Firebird?

Yes.

• Like 2

So I've been working from home about to get furloughed, been busy getting work stuff done. I've been thinking in two or three months when this has blown over, there will be a lot more social interaction the youth may go out to pubs, get a life and people might be and kinder to each other.  In the eighties I would go to the pub, people would work hard play hard and mix, social interaction used to be physical not digital. We need to return to some old fashioned values.   

Right. A £3.85 bottle of Sherry from Tesco. Already had the cider etc. Now I have all the ingredients. Time to do the Withnail & I drinking game solo. Luckily I also have the pause button. 

First check that the cat is fine, then think about me and do two fantastic things: reading and drinking :lol:

CYMERA_20200327_181302.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

So I've been working from home about to get furloughed, been busy getting work stuff done. I've been thinking in two or three months when this has blown over, there will be a lot more social interaction the youth may go out to pubs, get a life and people might be and kinder to each other.  In the eighties I would go to the pub, people would work hard play hard and mix, social interaction used to be physical not digital. We need to return to some old fashioned values.   

The youth round here would go to pubs if they were not being demolished and turned into housing. Twenty years ago there were four within two miles of me in a same long bit of road. Now there is one closed down that is forever being given building permission but then declined and then another which is about 500+ years old that is decent but they keep increasing the cost of food/alcohol etc because the rent keeps increasing.

I either have to go out to Windsor or Reading if I want a decent night out and it's a £20 taxi just to get there.

6 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Buy a goldfish? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Buy a goldfish? 

:lol: 

Yes, that was the cheaper and less time consuming alternative.

• Like 1

Ralph McTell's been spending his time writing another verse for his song Streets Of London.

Still very much has his voice.

On 29/03/2020 at 20:18, The Quim Reaper said:

Ralph McTell's been spending his time writing another verse for his song Streets Of London.

Still very much has his voice.

You have exactly the same number of reputation points as number of posts (1974) as of now. Coincidence?

If you reply to this I'll add a reputation point to keep it level.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

You have exactly the same number of reputation points as number of posts (1974) as of now. Coincidence?

If you reply to this I'll add a reputation point to keep it level.

If I could at least maintain this until my next thousand, I’ll be an oddly and tragically satisfied man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just when you think tomorrow might be a day for killing the boredom with a few jokes: (from the BBC news feed)  

No jokes please, Germany warns

Wednesday is April Fools' Day - marked in many countries with practical jokes and pranks.

But Germany's health ministry has warned that coronavirus is no laughing matter.

"In the current situation, we kindly ask you to do without invented stories on the subject of coronavirus," the federal body tweeted, to reduce the danger that the fight against the virus is made harder by "incorrect information".

That is all 11 series of Frasier watched. Though I did skip a fair few of the later overly sentimental crap episodes. Time to re-watch all the X Files. Only 9 series of them I think.  Now I can mix earthly conspiracies concerning the 'rona with the first and best alien ones. Marvellous. I should be a looney tune within a few days. Still not mad enough to make me take up fucking jogging. Unlike a couple of my heavily built neighbours. 

As of today..... homeschooling :unsure:

I was feeling quite sick and unwell in the night, nauseous and tummy ache and sloppy poo etc, because I ate a fuckton of mashed potato for my tea.  I have been going a bit loopdy at home so today I went out for the first time in a week for some essential medications for which I had to go to two different chemists - halfway through being outside for the first time I had to rush home between chemists because, getting back in my car there was an overwhelming stench of faeces, and I genuinely thought I had shit my pants, how fucking annoying is that, being outside for the first time in ages and having to rush home not through fear of catching the covids but through fear of shitty grundies.  Thankfully I had not pooed my pants, it was just the rancid smell of my town. So I went back out for my other essential meds and also some essential Space Raiders and an essential jumbo Twix.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 28/03/2020 at 16:32, Charlotte's Controller said:

Yeah, bring back hanging and reinstate the birch for minor misdeeds amongst the young

On 28/03/2020 at 16:32, Charlotte's Controller said:

The 80s?? Were you really there?

You said that 'interaction used to by physical...'

Bloody right it was, I used to frequent  'The Railway Pub'  AKA 'The Flying Bottle' where physical interaction happened every weekend, usually between the bouncers who were built like mountain gorillas ( looked like them too ) and pissed up/drugged up wankers who had just bottled someone for spilling their 17th pint.

I think digital is much safer.:D

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I was feeling quite sick and unwell in the night, nauseous and tummy ache and sloppy poo etc, because I ate a fuckton of mashed potato for my tea.  I have been going a bit loopdy at home so today I went out for the first time in a week for some essential medications for which I had to go to two different chemists - halfway through being outside for the first time I had to rush home between chemists because, getting back in my car there was an overwhelming stench of faeces, and I genuinely thought I had shit my pants, how fucking annoying is that, being outside for the first time in ages and having to rush home not through fear of catching the covids but through fear of shitty grundies.  Thankfully I had not pooed my pants, it was just the rancid smell of my town. So I went back out for my other essential meds and also some essential Space Raiders and an essential jumbo Twix.

Innit good to have Lardy back :D  This place has been dull without her.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Toast said:

Innit good to have Lardy back :D  This place has been dull without her.

Oh you! 

• Haha 1

Any ideas out there on cheap buy as you see degrees. By the end of this there will be thousands upon thousands of people who will need help. Now how do I get a fast track Gillian McKeith type online degree so I can counsel all these people through their problems. The main will be marriage/relationship counselling and the rest will be PTSD going by the usual UK standards of their ability to cope with anything. Any ideas? This is not a cynical ploy. This is a way of helping people get back into normal life and keeping the social and economic structure of the country going. There is also a fortune in no interest overdrafts to be made out there.  They must use them to keep the banks, and our  future, going.

• Haha 1