Paul Bearer

Sickest game in the world (parts 1&2)

Monday: 253 - Year of the Consulship of Volusianus and Claudius. Obviously.

Alf Ramsey's "wingless wonders" for Monday - 442

How are your numbers decreasing like that?

Monday 478 I guess.  No history lesson.

9 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Lockdown.

31 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Monday 478 I guess.  No history lesson.

Two lots of numbers of course. The rapid fall in new cases is indeed down to lockdown and has zip to do with the vaccine. But I guess it's just possible we're starting to see the vaccine affect the numbers of deaths. 

I reckon by the end of this month we're going to see the death figures in the low hundreds from Tuesday to Saturday and sub-100 on Sunday and Monday. And about time. 

49 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Two lots of numbers of course. The rapid fall in new cases is indeed down to lockdown and has zip to do with the vaccine. But I guess it's just possible we're starting to see the vaccine affect the numbers of deaths. 

I reckon by the end of this month we're going to see the death figures in the low hundreds from Tuesday to Saturday and sub-100 on Sunday and Monday. And about time. 

Aye, certainly the two obvious reasons.  But not obvious results.  Not here in the US of A at least, granted 'lockdown' here means you only get to visit Walmart ONCE a day with your improperly worn mask.  Vaccines are only as good as their rollout.  My understanding, depending on whichever state you reside in, is it's poorly organised regardless.  I was hearing that about the UK as well, frankly.  But even poorly organised vaccines are better than none.
I'm just shocked that numbers cut in half or more inside of a week.
Anyway, maybe wee bit of herd immunity if you believe in that sort of thing (contrary to most medical experts) may be taking hold as well.  Let's just hope this thread ceases to have much meaning by Autumn.
SC

• Like 1

Today's  score 230

Tuesday 722

Tuesday: 777 - I don’t fucking know...a Boeing?

49 minutes ago, Exu said:

Today's  score 230

Three scorers today. RR, QR &GuN

Grim up North 55

Paul Bearer 30

Quim Reaper 20

Redrumours 20

Cerberus 5

Widows Peak 5

MPFC 5

Bentrovato 5

Conman 5

Unknown man 5

Buffalo Phil 5

I'll go 442 again Tues

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Aye, certainly the two obvious reasons.  But not obvious results.  Not here in the US of A at least, granted 'lockdown' here means you only get to visit Walmart ONCE a day with your improperly worn mask.  Vaccines are only as good as their rollout.  My understanding, depending on whichever state you reside in, is it's poorly organised regardless.  I was hearing that about the UK as well, frankly.  But even poorly organised vaccines are better than none.
I'm just shocked that numbers cut in half or more inside of a week.
Anyway, maybe wee bit of herd immunity if you believe in that sort of thing (contrary to most medical experts) may be taking hold as well.  Let's just hope this thread ceases to have much meaning by Autumn.
SC

I think this government is absolutely appalling - corrupt and incompetent. However I have to give them credit for the vaccine rollout - they've hit every target they promised and are only failing in places because of the antivaxxers persuading a lot of people that the vaccine will allow Bill Gates to track their movements or something equally stupid.

Anyway, Tuesday 555. Death of King Erb of Gwent. Probably not the most noteworthy King in history.

Tuesday 612 (BC) Fall of the Assyrian Empire and Rise of the Neo-Babylonian Empire