Paul Bearer

Sickest game in the world (parts 1&2)

Monday: 40 - When life begins, according to people who are a) old, b) in denial, and c) morons

Monday 50

Very much a last minute bid by TUM there as the figure is generally revealed on the BBC News at about 4.15. Just 17 today - unsurprisingly, everyone guessed over.

So, what's the Tuesday spike going to be? I'm going with a modest 73. 

Tuesday 75.

. The age at which some are eligible for a free TV licence. I don't follow this subject that closely and I know there has been a bit of a kerfuffle over this so the rules might have changed recently.

Tuesday: 69. I have nothing more to add.

Buffalo Phil 95

Quim Reaper 95

Cerberus 95

Redrumours 85

Bentrovato 90

Unknown man 80

Paul Bearer 75

Exu 70

Old Crem 70

Grim up north 65

MPFC 55

Sean 25

Sir whatever you're calling yourself now 25

Dying Probably 20

Widows Peak 10

Tuesday 68.  One away from QR's favourite number. 

• Like 1

Tuesday 57 - flogging Anthony Eden's demise to death!

Tuesday 54

Todays score was higher than expected. I wonder if reporting is becoming less efficient. 

We had 141 last Wednesday so I'm going to go for 80 tomorrow - the number of days phileas fogg reckoned he could circumnavigate the globe in.

I'll stick a flake in the top and go 99 Wednesday

Yes it seems a big jump from 17 to 112 which suggests the Monday figure was under-reported.

Wednesday 93.

Disappointing as it is to see another 100+ total our problems are insignificant compared to some of our neighbours. What must they think in Italy, which declared 551 deaths today, when they see the UK figures? And disturbing numbers continue to come from central and eastern Europe. 

Realistically, who will still be dying of this thing in Britain a month from now? They will fall into three groups I suggest: those who refused the vaccine, those who were unable to receive it because of other treatment they were having, and the unlucky 10 per cent for whom it simply didn't work. I expect to see case numbers fluctuate, maybe up to 10,000 a day at times, but death numbers to continue to fall until sub-50 becomes the norm. 

21 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Yes it seems a big jump from 17 to 112 which suggests the Monday figure was under-reported.

Wednesday 93.

Disappointing as it is to see another 100+ total our problems are insignificant compared to some of our neighbours. What must they think in Italy, which declared 551 deaths today, when they see the UK figures? And disturbing numbers continue to come from central and eastern Europe. 

Realistically, who will still be dying of this thing in Britain a month from now? They will fall into three groups I suggest: those who refused the vaccine, those who were unable to receive it because of other treatment they were having, and the unlucky 10 per cent for whom it simply didn't work. I expect to see case numbers fluctuate, maybe up to 10,000 a day at times, but death numbers to continue to fall until sub-50 becomes the norm. 

I'm a huge critic of this government, but I have to admit they've knocked it out of the park with the vaccination programme which has finally put us in a much better position than most other nations. It makes up for some of their earlier clusterfucks.

Anyway, Wednesday 69. Dude.

• Like 1

Wednesday 101. Death of John the Apostle. The Church Fathers identify him as John the Evangelist, John of Patmos, John the Elder and the Beloved Disciple, and testify that he outlived the remaining apostles and that he was the only one to die of natural causes.