Wormfarmer

End of Days Deadpool - by Wormfarmer

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 17:07, Joey Russ said:

I believe entries are closed now? Jill Gascoine died since the last post. 

EDIT: Ah, she’s also the one worth 40 for me. Sometimes randomized lists do bring you fruit...

I amended the cutoff to closing until a 15th entry comes in, although things are not exactly buzzing right now.  I figure I can manage a little bigger field than this and there isn't too much disadvantage to joining the game in progress, since there are lots of promising scores left in the draft pool.  So I will set to work organizing the entries to date, but not close the door to a few more.  Hopefully have a table posted by the end of the day.    And nice hit (Jill G) for minimum effort.

Score table early on page 1 is updated through Jerry Stiller, who was our last hit over 30 days ago.  This drought also triggers the games early demise.  I have been distracted to the point of not checking in to the site regularly lately while a family member is going through some health issues and will probably be off for a while anyway, so although this is an unsatisfying early end to my pool, maybe its for the best right now.  Hope to be checking in regularly again soon, maybe the obits will pick up by then as well.  Peace everyone!

• Like 2

Well, I was not expecting that. :o 

In my defense re the random team, I was quite stressed with the transition to online school and so I didn’t really have a lot of time to think of a more thoughtful entry. I guess that’s how things go sometimes...

On 08/04/2020 at 15:07, Joey Russ said:

Decided to do a randomized list with all the names just for the fun of it... and this is how it turned out! As you can see, many of the names I would’ve picked in a more competitive thing aren’t here, so... :blush::

1. Jill Gascoine

2. Norman Lloyd

3. Dick Cheney

4. William H Gates

5. Mikhail Gorbachev

6. Dilip Kumar

7. Ozzy Osbourne

8. “Killer” Tim Brooks

9. Little Richard

10. Ruthie Thompson

11. Cleo Laine

12. Dick Van Dyke

13. Angela Lansbury

14. Joanne Woodward

15. Paul Gascoigne 

16. Emperor Akihito

17. Lee Kerslake

18. Luis Echeverría 

19. Clarissa Eden

20. Earl Cameron

21. David Attenborough 

22. Jimmy Greaves

23. Barbara Walters

24. Vanessa Redgrave

25. Leslie Phillips

26. Carl Reiner

27. Murray Walker

28. George Schultz

29. Peter Tobin 

30. Ruth Bader Ginsburg

31. Pierre Cardin

32. Larry King

33. Imelda Marcos

34. Alan Greenspan

35. Bob Barker

36. Susan Bayh

37. John Lewis

38. Jimmy Carter

39. Nobby Stiles 
40. Betty White

Wanted to see how this has done a few months after the pool ended. If I did my math correctly my score is 217. I don’t know if I would still be in the lead today though, but I’m quite impressed with how it’s done so far...