DevonDeathTrip

The Nothing Lasts Forever Sweepstake

As an antidote to the doom and gloom surrounding this worldwide festival of death, I thought it might be nice to look on the positive side and forecast the date when there are zero deaths attributable to Corona recorded in the UK.  

There is a light at the end of this dark tunnel and I predict the date when no virus deaths occur will be July 1st

Over to you.  The winner will be the person who gets closest to the date (obviously). There is no prize, as achievement is its own reward.  In the event of the virus mutating and killing ever increasing amounts of humanity on a daily basis until we're all extinct, there will be no competition winner.  

• Like 1

Will this be the first given day without any recorded deaths? What happens if there are no deaths on 1st July, followed by more deaths, then none from the 4th July onward?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Will this be the first given day without any recorded deaths? What happens if there are no deaths on 1st July, followed by more deaths, then none from the 4th July onward?

I'm keeping it simple - the first day with zero Corona deaths in the UK.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hm, gonna say around August 2nd...

sept 7th

September 15.

14th October 2020

January 18, 2022 (worldwide, even including the UK) (my birthday) (also, a day after Betty White's 100th birthday)

2021 guesses?  Are you people serious?

i will abandon this website and never return in an alt or any form whatsoever if we even get to December.  Granted — you must make the same claim for me to hold my end of the bargain.

7 hours ago, chilean way said:

December 25th, Christmas Gift

Yeah, good guess. Bureaucratically likely.

I have to go with Boxing Day then.

Edit: I want to point out that China didn't report any deaths yesterday, so about 3 months after lockdown, if you can believe it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

2021 guesses?  Are you people serious?

i will abandon this website and never return in an alt or any form whatsoever if we even get to December.  Granted — you must make the same claim for me to hold my end of the bargain.

Italy has been in total lockdown now since 11th March - if their lockdown same as Spain then more severe than UK.

After 27 days of total lockdown there were still 3,039 new recorded cases yesterday.  To get to nil cases as reported by China yesterday that number would need to come down to less than 100 a day for about a month probably. I don't see the new base line even with our European version of a lockdown being that low. My August 2021 date is based on a vaccine being delivered and administered in around 12 months.

I'm not taking your bet as that would impact on the DDP team but I'm certainly serious.

Bank holidays are where it's at, bureaucratically. The May ones seem a bit soon, though, so I'm going for August 31st 2020.

On top of the impact of lockdown, increased testing and case finding, altered behaviour etc, I'd expect us to get down to 0 Covid deaths for at least some days this summer since hopefully at least one of the many treatments being trialled should have proven helpful and been rolled out by then.