DevonDeathTrip

The Nothing Lasts Forever Sweepstake

hm. zero deaths attributable or reported? I have a feeling that by the time we are on the downside of this, getting any sort of accurate reporting is unlikely? Once it's down to a trickle (relatively) where are we going to get the information?

Can't see them being reported daily if down to single figures longer than a month or so. So, 1st June as the first day none are reported, even if sometime later they are attributed. And I've confused myself now too.

• Like 2

26th September  2020. 

16th August 2025

• Haha 2

June 21 (2020)

I'm an incurable optimist. 

• Like 1

Barely four coach loads of carkers today.   

Surely it won't be too long before the trickle dries up altogether, followed shortly afterwards by a vaccine which is rolled out in record time, heralding glorious, carefree days in what will become known as the 2020 Autumn of Love? 

51 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Barely four coach loads of carkers today.   

Surely it won't be too long before the trickle dries up altogether, followed shortly afterwards by a vaccine which is rolled out in record time, heralding glorious, carefree days in what will become known as the 2020 Autumn of Love? 

That's a Sunday figure, it'll go back up 250-300 this week.

We're still a few months from nobody. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2020 at 21:19, Miracle Aligner said:

That's a Sunday figure, it'll go back up 250-300 this week.

We're still a few months from nobody. 

More likely the latest toll reported today will be over 400 - the Tuesday report is usually at least as high as the figure at the end of the previous week (because of catch up from missed w/e registrations). 

Zero deaths from corona reported in Devon and Cornwall today.  I think Northern Ireland had a deathless day earlier this week as well. 

23 hours ago, Toast said:

Not sure how up to date this ONS map is, but my little corner of the world has had zero Covid deaths to date.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/visualisations/dvc811/msoamap/index.html?from=timeline

Interesting, I see it breaks an area down into small wards. Mine has 1, but within about a mile or two radius it's in the 50s.

15 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Interesting, I see it breaks an area down into small wards. Mine has 1, but within about a mile or two radius it's in the 50s.

Is there any obvious reason for that, like a hospital or care home?

Saying that, I don't know if they would class a hospital death by the location of the hospital or the deceased's home address.

11 minutes ago, Toast said:

Is there any obvious reason for that, like a hospital or care home?

Saying that, I don't know if they would class a hospital death by the location of the hospital or the deceased's home address.

It goes by the home address. Sad but these kind of numbers are almost certainly the norm for areas like mine; I don't exactly live in a quaint little hamlet on a leafy lane.

27 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

It goes by the home address. Sad but these kind of numbers are almost certainly the norm for areas like mine; I don't exactly live in a quaint little hamlet on a leafy lane.

Oh!  But Cuntington sounds so charming.

• Haha 1

A deathless 24 hours in London.  Zero virus deaths in Scotland yesterday.   

I'm going to create a master list, er,  soon.  In the meantime, incurable optimist @deadsox and his June 21st guess looks to me not beyond the realms of possibility.

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 16:39, DevonDeathTrip said:

A deathless 24 hours in London.  Zero virus deaths in Scotland yesterday.   

I'm going to create a master list, er,  soon.  In the meantime, incurable optimist @deadsox and his June 21st guess looks to me not beyond the realms of possibility.

With just 11 deaths reported on Monday we must be approaching a possible end to this game so thought I would bump it.

The August Bank Holiday guess by @paddyfool looks particularly promising.

WTF: The UK had 85 Corona deaths today. (July 15th 2020). 

There were 28 predictions - 21 have been and gone and Capt Chorizo is next up tomorrow which looks unlikely - @theoldlady looks in pole position and I'm hoping she wins because it's another three months of death before it reaches me - or nearly 6 months from now.

EnPassant 01/06/20

Deadsox 21/06/20

DDT 01/07/20

SSH 04/07/20

Perhaps 23/07/20

JR 02/08/20

PB 22/08/20

Lynchian 24/08/20

YinAsia 30/08/20

PaddyF 31/08/20

Ebless 06/09/20

P67 07/09/20

Spade 11/09/20

SirC 15/09/20

Handrejka 26/09/20

TUM 10/10/20

TQR 14/10/20

GUB 31/10/20

RedRumours  05/11/20

ChileWay 25/12/20

Gcr 26/12/20

Capt Chorizo 23/02/21

JdeH 24/02/21

Old Lady 08/05/21

GUN 18/08/21

OldCrem 14/10/21

Red Death  18/01/22

Msc 16/08/25

• Like 2

To be honest, if I win, we all lose...

On 08/04/2020 at 08:46, Sir Creep said:

2021 guesses?  Are you people serious?

i will abandon this website and never return in an alt or any form whatsoever if we even get to December.  Granted — you must make the same claim for me to hold my end of the bargain.

Go on, hold it up ;)

• Like 1

I think there was a day when the UK had a single death one day, around June / July or so. Close, but no cigar.

Technically, the most important day would be the final day of a Corona-related death, not the first one without it. But then, that day might never come.

30th August had one death. I wonder what happened early in September that led to a massive flood of infections and deaths, outpacing the first wave of COVID? Seems like we'll never know. Anyway, time to get the kids ready to go back into schools next week.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1